• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2020
First movie questions

When I was a kid I owned the first movie on VHS and have been thinking of buying it again on DVD since it doesn't look like they'll be releasing it on blu ray anytime soon. I live in the UK though and I've heard that PAL versions often have slightly faster audio on them which I don't think I want. Does anyone know if the PAL DVD version of the first movie has quicker audio compared to the US version?

Also are they ever going to release a blu ray of the early films? I'de ideally like to own them in HD one day.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Hey.
I would like to know why there are only 14 subbed episodes so far in the Decolora adventure part. When all 20 eps is out in japan (with the raw)??

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Because the subbing team is and has been about six weeks behind. There's only one sub group working on Pokémon right now and there has only been one for quite a long time. Hopefully XY will get picked up by more when it comes out and get subs out within a week, but it's probably going to drop off again at some point.

Don't worry, keep waiting. Or watch it raw and try your best to understand.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Need help identifying which episode these images (cels) came from?

Hi,
I'm a cel collector and I was wondering if anyone here could help me out? I managed to snag a Pokemon cel for my collection but the problem is I have no idea which part in the anime it's from. It's been a pretty long time since I've watched the original eps, so I really have no clue where to start. Obviously the cel comes from the earlier eps until the series went digital, but that's still a lot of episodes to sift through lol. I attached the images to this thread (I can't post links since I'm a newbie). If anyone has any idea where these images are from, I'd really appreciate the help! The first picture is my own cel while the second is just a sequence mate owned by someone else I found online. I figured coming to a Pokemon forum would be the best bet to try and find an answer. :) The gang seems to be distressed about something lol.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
Years
If it helps to narrow your search down I can confirm that it's not a cel from the Indigo League, which is the first 83 episodes.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hi,
I'm a cel collector and I was wondering if anyone here could help me out? I managed to snag a Pokemon cel for my collection but the problem is I have no idea which part in the anime it's from. It's been a pretty long time since I've watched the original eps, so I really have no clue where to start. Obviously the cel comes from the earlier eps until the series went digital, but that's still a lot of episodes to sift through lol. I attached the images to this thread (I can't post links since I'm a newbie). If anyone has any idea where these images are from, I'd really appreciate the help! The first picture is my own cel while the second is just a sequence mate owned by someone else I found online. I figured coming to a Pokemon forum would be the best bet to try and find an answer. :) The gang seems to be distressed about something lol.

It would have to be somewhere in the Johto Saga. I really can't tell, but I know it isn't from before the Orange Islands or after the Johto League. So it would have to be somewhere in Johto.

Reasoning, Brock and Misty are both with Ash and Misty has Togepie. She didn't get Togepie until near the end of the Kanto Region and Brock did not travel with Misty and Ash though the Orange Islands other than like the first episode. Also, Misty leave the group after Johto. So it is either right before the Orange Islands or in Johto.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
Years
It would have to be somewhere in the Johto Saga. I really can't tell, but I know it isn't from before the Orange Islands or after the Johto League. So it would have to be somewhere in Johto.

Reasoning, Brock and Misty are both with Ash and Misty has Togepie. She didn't get Togepie until near the end of the Kanto Region and Brock did not travel with Misty and Ash though the Orange Islands other than like the first episode. Also, Misty leave the group after Johto. So it is either right before the Orange Islands or in Johto.

It's not before the Orange Islands so it's definitely a Johto cel. Could be any episode up "Here's lookin' at you Elekid" really.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
@Pumpkaboo- Thank you so much! ^_^ That actually does help narrow down my search A LOT. I was planning on looking through all of the episodes after Togepi arrived, so being able to skip the first 83 is a huge help!

@Iceman- Thank you for also helping me narrow down my search! :) I will definitely start my search in the Johto seasons. Also when you said it could be any cel up to the Elekid episode, is that where the series when to computer animation? (I don't know which episode/season Pokemon switched.) Or is that because of something that happens in the show that would make it unable to be my cel past that episode?

Thanks again guys for all of your help! Not knowing where this cel is from has been bugging me more than a Caterpie bugs Misty, so knowing where to start my search is very appreciated. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Some lost soundtracks

Hi people! Im new here and this is my first post! Well im looking for some anime soundtracks. I looked for them in official soundtracks and in some youtube lists, but i couldnt find them... i would be really grateful if you know them! Here are the songs:

1) When ash is leaving Pidgeot (why ash?) youtube.com/watch?v=UpV9prdpBgk (from 19:53 to the end of chapter)
2) Ash before the pkm league youtube.com/watch?v=3uciHrEV_kQ (from 14:35 to 15:11)
3) Ash leaving Lapras youtube.com/watch?v=-FR2nCkm2LQ (from 18:58 to the end)
4) Ash leaving Squirtle (again, why ash?) (Two songs) youtube.com/watch?v=wOXlmtbpOMM (from 19:18 to 19:46 AND from 19:51 to the end)

Thank you!

EDIT: I found one song! the one when ash is leaving squirtle: youtube.com/watch?v=tkiTtSWescQ&list=PLD0CB83B56312D3F6

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
Can't remember episode name

Since I'm a senile old fellow who likes to watch the episodes I grew up with occasionally, I was wondering if someone could help me find an episode I'm looking for. I seem to recall an episode where the police were chasing a truck driven by some thief or something, and when they finally got him surrounded, he started escaping in a hot air balloon. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I think it was in one of the Johto seasons, but I can't remember for sure which one, maybe Johto Journeys.

samlu1999

Sam
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
I'm afraid not many people will be able to help you mate.

"...police were chasing a truck..." That is Officer Jenny. She appears in lots of episodes.

"...hot air balloon..." Team Rocket. They appear in nearly every episode.

"...Johto seasons..." Officer Jenny appears in the first 1-13 seasons. Likewise for Team Rocket

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Since I'm a senile old fellow who likes to watch the I grew up with occasionally, I was wondering if someone could help me find an episode I'm looking for. I seem to recall an episode where the police were chasing a truck driven by some thief or something, and when they finally got him surrounded, he started escaping in a hot air balloon. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I think it was in one of the Johto seasons, but I can't remember for sure which one, maybe Johto Journeys.

I believe I know what episode your talking about.
Pokémon Johto League Champions Episode 194
Episode title. "The Wayward Wobbuffet"

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
Pokemon Black and White Specials

i was just wondering is we are going to get the cilan and brock episode and iris and clair episode dubbed here in america. either on tv or pokemon tv the app. im leaning more on the app because thats where most of their specials have gone

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Nothing's been confirmed as far as I'm aware. The Iris special doesn't even have a Japanese airdate haha. I would probably pin any dub hopes on the app though.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay so, before, Ash's Pikachu knows Volt Tackle.
But then, when Pikachu learned Electro Ball, Ash stopped commanding Pikachu to use Volt Tackle.
So in theory, Ash and Pikachu replaced Volt Tackle with Electro Ball.

Does this mean Pokémon are following the 4-moves-only set in the animé?

But if that's the case, then in episode 426 - Wheel of Frontier, why did Ash's Snorlax had 6 moves?
- Protect
- Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Hyper Beam
- Rest
- Body Slam

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Bulbapedia said:
In some instances in the anime, certain Pokémon have shown to know more than just four moves at the same time, with as many as 10 being used in a single battle, and the concept of having to forget moves has never been mentioned.

The Pokémon that used 10 moves in one battle was Drake's Dragonite (from the Orange Islands). Move slots have been mentioned in the anime, but I don't think that it was ever stated to be four.

Bulbapedia said:
Meowth claims he is unable to learn Pay Day as a trade off for learning to speak. He claims to have 'used up all his move slots' doing so.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah it's generally been pretty arbitrary, probably dependent on what the writers thought would be cool. And I feel like the 4-move thing shouldn't be enforced in the anime- it's like, an actual limiting game mechanic, not something that applies to living creatures. But they've been pretty strict with it in recent years so whatever I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back