• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Hmm, whats interesting is its deleted the pikachu and upladed a metapod.

I'll have to have a look. It seems to be working on 0.18 but i'll have a look at 0.17. i'm sure theres no changed between them

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Excitement!!!

Hmm, whats interesting is its deleted the pikachu and upladed a metapod.

I'll have to have a look. It seems to be working on 0.18 but i'll have a look at 0.17. i'm sure theres no changed between them

Holy crap if there is a Metapod up there, that was totally my doing, I ran a 2nd test between two profiles on my laptop which I have done multiple times now where I upload a bulbasaur with profile 1 and try to retrieve it with a Metapod on profile 2. When I received the same error I did with Pikachu, I assumed that it had completely failed, but it seems as though the trade SHOULD have worked! Unfortunately, like I've mentioned, the Metapod was deleted from profile 2, and profile 1 simply just got the Bulbasaur back (with strangely 2 Hp of damage).
But yeah, that should be my Lvl 5 Male Metapod.

Given the results you have in correlation with what I did, I am going to fully assume that it is an issue with v0.17.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
it does look like its a fault with 0.17, I've just done a full trade and both sides got the correct pokemon

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
it does look like its a fault with 0.17, I've just done a full trade and both sides got the correct pokemon

I am really really glad everything has been worked out and solved.
Is there any chance you could put the shiny female pikachu back up on the GTS when you put out the v0.18 upgrade?

And I can't remember if I've already mentioned this, but will you be changing the pathways in and out of Veridian Forrest to vertical pathways? Currently you walk up/down to them and when you enter the buildings, they are then formatted horizontally, which is a bit confusing.

Lastly, is there an ETA of when we should be seeing v0.18 out?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The pathways in the gates for viridian forest are sorted. The exit from viridian forest also goes to the gates, not straight to the routes

0.18 should be soon. I'm currently updating the battler sprites, its time consuming though

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Hey, Im using 0.16, my game says 0.17 is the latest version. Your site say 0.16 is. Anyway I was wondering if theres a way to get the 0.17 without using the updater as the updater takes forever for me :/

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The site is a bit behind at the moment. I've been slowly updating it. I think everything's up-to-date now though

The 0.17 patch has been added to the downloads page so you can get it from there

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Hey, Im using 0.16, my game says 0.17 is the latest version. Your site say 0.16 is. Anyway I was wondering if theres a way to get the 0.17 without using the updater as the updater takes forever for me :/

Dude, trust me, just wait till version 0.18. I've tested a lot of 0.17 and a lot of bugs came about within it. One example is that Pokemon would not learn moves as they leveled up. 0.18 is on the horizon, so just wait for it.

The site is a bit behind at the moment. I've been slowly updating it. I think everything's up-to-date now though

The 0.17 patch has been added to the downloads page so you can get it from there

Desbrina, do you think you could add the Website to your signature? I think it would be pretty useful.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Dude, trust me, just wait till version 0.18. I've tested a lot of 0.17 and a lot of bugs came about within it. One example is that Pokemon would not learn moves as they leveled up. 0.18 is on the horizon, so just wait for it.

yeah, while 0.17 fixed a few bugs, it seems to have added more than it fixed

Desbrina, do you think you could add the Website to your signature? I think it would be pretty useful.
Done

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
got a few changes and updates

One of the trainers has changed in to a double battle. See if you can work out which ones
double-battle.png

And i've managed to fix something thats been annoying me for a while. Try and work out what
bike.png
surf.png
pokecenter.png

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Hey hey,
I'm liking that the Jesse & James battle is now 2v2, and I'm loving the Pikachu fix. Although it was somewhat amusing to see it running fast to keep up with you on the bike. I never got to see it surfing though.

I must admit though, that the sprite sitting atop Lapras seems a bit strange looking.

When will we get to download v0.18? It looks and sounds awesome!!!
I am sadly becoming impatient with how much I am looking forward to it!!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
yeah, it looked weird though having it when it shouldn't. The only bit I haven't got sorted yet if its not in the party.

As for the lapras sprite, at the moment i don't have any other sprites for it, its better that using a female sprite from fr/lg though, that just looked odd. The main character changing gender when surfing, lol

So far with 0.18 testing i have about 30% of the sprites repositioned and have tested up to viridian city & route 22
I can release it before its finished if you particularly want, but theres no guarantee that everything would work correctly, especially the later parts

A small fix, the Jessie & James battle in the Rocket Hideout has the correct level pokemon now

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2014
Hi, this game look prety amazing
But i have a big problems, seems like my pokemon don't learn any attack ...
Got a pikachu and pidgey level 16 and they didn't learn any new attack x_X

(Also no way to speed up the game ?)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
If you look back a few posts you'll see that that issue id fixed in 0.18 when it comes out

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2012
This looks awesome!
The name seems like it's been used on here before... Oh well.
Looks like you've done a great job so far. I like what you did with the capturing of Pikachu at the beginning.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
i think there may have been a hack by the same name a while ago, though it seems to have stopped being developed

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
just something i've ben working on. Doesn't work 100% yet, you can also encounter them while walking down that edge

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
just something i've ben working on. Doesn't work 100% yet, you can also encounter them while walking down that edge
The MissingNo stuff is looking great. I think it probably needs more level randomization though. Looks like they were probably all matching the level of the ratatta you had out. Will it be possible to fly from an area to the island and find pokemon while surfing from the area you just flew from? (such as scyther or pinsir from the Safari Zone)

Have you fixed all the positioning that you were working on earlier?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
the levels are set at 10 at the moment while i'm testing, i'm trying to find out what levels they were encountered at in yellow but theres not any information about that. Its just a conincedence that they were the rattata's level

I'm hoping to have the possibility to find the pokemon previously fought but its not there at the moment. i don't know if essentials stores the previously fought pokemon, if it doesn't then it'd involve some editing to get that working.

Currently i have 66 of the sprites repositioned, but i still have a lot to go, there's 191 sprites in total being used, and i can't use the editor to reposition them since i can't get it working properly with the screensize, so its mostly trial and error

Back