• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I guess I'll do another ultimate.I'm thinking fighting. Yeah fighting will be my type. Gonna hack a Hitmonlee in the beginning of red
Hacking is not allowed for Fighting type runs, as you can get them early enough. In Yellow, Mankey is found on Route 22, and in Red & Blue, you can catch a Machop before challenging the third gym.

idontsparkles

I most surely, don't Sparkle!
Years
Scrap doing Poison. In HeartGold (since they have acess to mankey - primeape later on)

Going to do Fighting type.

Since theres no fighting types readily available early on (id need to do research)

What are the rules of my creating an egg or 2 to give me fighting pokemon to use at the start?

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Eh, not going to do the Ultimate Fighting. Sorry

CyberSamurai

Devoted Battler
Years
well ive kinda forgot to update for a bit. Sooooooooo here we go!

in emerald im at wattson(electric gym) with a golbat, dusktox, swalot, and a gloom

and in platinum im at byron(steel gym) with a crobat, tentacruel, haunter, toxicroak, rosellia, and a skorupi.

so yea im hoping to wrap up my poison challenge compleatly so i can concentrate on college and whatnot.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
btw when I get to Isshu I want to beat the game once with a regular team before I start on a Monotype Challenge on it. Just a heads up in case I get to Isshu before i beat it with a regular team.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I then went to Slateport City and watched Team Magma escape. I then went back to Lilycove once again and went into the Magma hideout were I beat the admin. I then went east to Mosdeep City where I got Dive from Steven and beat the gym. I am still at Mosdeep City.
Screen shot 2010-09-19 at 7.28.32 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-19 at 7.32.21 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 6.36.14 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 6.35.51 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 6.34.40 PM.png
Spr_3r_279.png

Camome (Pelliper) Lv32.
Moves: Shock Wave, Surf, Supersonic, Wing Attack.
Spr_3r_284.png

Anemoth (Masquerain) Lv35.
Moves: Ice Beam, Quick Attack, Gust, Bubblebeam.
Spr_3r_277.png

Ohsubame (Swellow) Lv33.
Moves: Wing Attack, Endeavor, Steel Wing, Quick Attack.
Spr_3r_227.png

Airmd (Skarmory) Lv32.
Moves: Air Cutter, Swift, Fury Attack, Steel Wing.
Spr_3r_334.png

Tyltalis (Altaria) Lv35.
Moves: Peck, Sing, Take Down, Dragonbreath.
Spr_3r_357.png

Banasaur (Tropius) Lv33.
Moves: Fly, Whirlwind, Razor Leaf, Stomp.

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
Years
In the lead up to my getting of Pokemon Black, I'm going to replay Pokemon Emerald using a Dark-styled team. Keep you updated on how things are going once I get started.

Status so far: Started Emerald. Got Mudkip. Caught Poochyena. Trained Poochyena to Level 18, where it has evolved into a Mightyena. Currently searching for a godd*** Seedot!

Update 2: Caught a Seedot in Route 102 after two hours of searching. My Mightyena is currently at Lv 20, and my Nuzleaf is currently at Lv 15. Gonna raise Nuzleaf to Lv 20 as well, and then I'm off to fight Roxanne.

Update 3: Nuzleaf (nicknamed Gary Oak) obliterated Roxanne's team. Now in Dewford Cave leveling my team up. Caught a Sableye to help me deal with Brawly. Gonna level Julia (my Sableye) up last.

Update 4: Sableye, Mightyena, and Nuzleaf are all Lv 25. Fought in Brawly's Gym. Let me tell you: Fighting-type gym with Sableye = Easy sweep.

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Hey, sign me up for the Ultimate Ground-type Challenge. I'll start using Fire Red, since I don't have my original games available to me at the present moment. ):

Last edited:
Years
sorry for the constant lack of posts. school and sports been on my back. Honors classes.. blah. I haven't decided if black or white is a worthy purchase or not, so there is a chance of me dropping out completely. And i don't really feel like buying a fourth gen game anytime soon.. I'm hoping to get an update on my steel by next week maybe. so i'll be taking a break(not like i haven't been already..) until i find some spare time and willingness to play.
Till then!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
From Mosdeep City I went Underwater to the Magma Hideout where I defeated Team Magma for the last time. I then traveled to Sootopolis City where I got rid of Groudon and beat the last gym leader, Wallace. I am currently in Sootopolis City about to go to Victory Road.
Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 7.55.06 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 8.18.16 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 8.17.51 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 7.55.14 PM.png Screen shot 2010-09-21 at 7.48.05 PM.png
Spr_3r_279.png

Camome (Pelliper) Lv35.
Moves: Shock Wave, Surf, Supersonic, Wing Attack.
Spr_3r_284.png

Anemoth (Masquerain) Lv40.
Moves: Ice Beam, Stun Spore, Gust, Bubblebeam.
Spr_3r_277.png

Ohsubame (Swellow) Lv33.
Moves: Wing Attack, Endeavor, Steel Wing, Quick Attack.
Spr_3r_227.png

Airmd (Skarmory) Lv36.
Moves: Air Cutter, Swift, Fury Attack, Steel Wing.
Spr_3r_334.png

Tyltalis (Altaria) Lv36.
Moves: Peck, Sing, Flamethrower, Dragonbreath.
Spr_3r_357.png

Banasaur (Tropius) Lv36.
Moves: Fly, Whirlwind, Razor Leaf, Strength.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
Years
SOOOOOOOO....it's been a lOOOOOOOOng while, school tends to take up a lot of time, but im back and i haz an update

-Began Platinum

-Name Mud...im senseing a pattern

-Friend name Flare

-Left Twinleaf

-Recieved Turtwig

-Beat Flare

-Got to Sandgem town

-Named Leaves

-Returned to Mom

-Recieved Jurnal and Parcel

-Learned how to catch Pokemon

-Caught Slave I (Starley)

-Caught Slave II (Bidoof)

-Got to Jubilife

-Met Looker

-Delivered the Parcel to Flare

-Got the Poketech

-Beat Flare again

-Got to Orebugh Gate and recieved HM06

-Talked to Flare again, need to go to Coal Mines

-Went to the Mines and found Rourak

-Headed to the Gym and beat him

-Leaves reached Lv. 18 and evolved

-Saved the Valley Windworks from Team Galactic

-Entered Eterna Forrest

-Helped Cheryal through the forrest

-Caught Rosebud Jr. (budew)

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Update One: to Mt. Moon

So, I finally was able to start my journey. I chose a Bulbsaur who turned out to be female, named her Bella, and proceeded to thrash my rival. From there, I journeyed north to Viridian, running away from the wild battles, and entered the Pokemart. Some guy in there gave me a package for the Professor, so I went back and handed it to him. I got my Pokedex and was told that I would never be able to complete is because Gary is just that much of a jerk. (:

After battling a bunch of Spearow and Rattata on the route just west of Viridian, I realized that I wouldn't be able to get the first Pokemon I wanted until route 3. Unhappy as I was, I trained Bulbasaur a little and resolved to make it through Viridian Forest battling as few of the trainers as possible, so that my little Nidoran could have some nice experience waiting for him/her when I finally got him/her. I only had a little extra grinding to do so that Bella would learn Vine Whip and then proceed to thrash Brock quite neatly.

OH FINALLY I GET RUNNING SHOES. About time. Now, that I'm on route 3, I can catch my Nidoran...but first, let's run into 4986574 Jigglypuffs and Spearows. Eventually, I found a level six male Nidoran and added my first team member. I then went for a quick trip into Mt. Moon to catch a Geodude that I'm not sure I really want to keep. At least Nido will have backup. I nicknamed the Geodude 'Geo' after one of my cousins; I plan on fixing Nidoran's name to Nido once I reach Lavendar Town.

I then backtracked for all the battles I'd missed, even the little rival battle to the west of Viridian. Nido is doing quite well and makes quick work of the bugs of Viridian Forest with his Peck attack. Geo...is okay. I'm not a big fan of Geodudes, so I'll just keep him around until I can get to Diglet's cave, I think.

At last glance, I saved my game while grinding Nido just a little bit more so that I'll feel safe for Mt. Moon. Oh, and I'm going to spend a little time to see if I can catch the ever elusive female Nidoran. (:

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
Years
Poison Monotype Challenge!

Chapter 1: Pallet Town - Viridian City - Pewter City.

Well, I finally got to start my Leaf Green game. Made myself a girl named Ivy. My rival is named Arsehat (I had a regression there, sorry :B).
Chose Charmander as a starter, since it will be a perfect HM slave, and named him Mr.Fiery; did your standard Oak's Parcel stuff. Got the Pokaydux and a Town Map.

Remembering I wouldn't be able to catch either Nidoran until AFTER Brock's Gym, I mentally prepared myself for a real challenge. Beating Brock using just a Beedrill.
Went into Viridian Forest, caught a Weedle, named him 'Sting'. Deposited Mr.Fiery, and started grinding him for the upcoming battle...

Years
update on electric challenge

Ok so I haven't posted in forever. I've been busy especially since school started. Sadly i dont have much to post. I've only made it to the 8th gym. Hopefully soon I can finish it and get out of Kanto. I'll post soon!

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Okay, according to Serebii I chose the right version for a normal type run, woo! So here's the next update in my Pokemon White Normal Monotype. (AKA part 5 of my ultimate normal monotype)

Gen V spoilers ahead!

Spoiler:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Update Two: Welcome to Cerulean

After spending several minutes looking for a Nidoran of some kind, I found another male. I caught him, spent a few more minutes searching for the female, and gave up. At least I've got a male to trade for a female later on. Nido has finally evolved and likes thrashing things around because he's so powerful. I have a new-found respect for the male Nidoran family.

After wandering around Mt. Moon a little (and finding a Moon Stone to use in a couple more levels!), I exited the mountain and headed east to Cerulean. There, the Gym was waiting for me. Unfortunately, Nido isn't quite ready, so I trained him up a bit more, which included using my Moon Stone on him once he reached level 22. Now, he's actually ground type! Yaay! I went and beat up the Nugget bridge just to make sure I'd be ready and then proceeded to thrash Misty around (quite literally).

After that narrow victory, I was hoping I could head south a little bit to pick up my female Nidoran. Alas, the police man at that one house in Cerulean won't let me through yet. So, I went up to Bill's, avoiding as many trainers as possible, and got my SS Ticket. The police man was then kind enough to let me pass; I pounded the Rocket thief and went to the Underground entrance to pick up my Nidoran. Her nickname is MS. NIDO.
...could have done a little better, kid.

With my new team member in tow, I returned to the route heading to Bill's to defeat the trainers I'd left behind and get MS. NIDO some experience. I'm training there now as we speak.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Wow...real plot happenings, if you don't want the contents of the opening cinematic spoiled, do NOT open these spoiler tags...

Spoiler:

Next time! I honestly don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back