• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What's your guilty pleasure?

Years
Violet Evergarden as well as AOT. Those two animes I can watch over and over endlessly. They're so incredibly different from one another but the one thing they have in common is how addicting they are!

Violet Evergarden tugs on the heartstrings like no other anime. Watching it is truly an emotional experience, in fact, watching it is somewhat therapeutic.

Attack On Titan is action packed, its exhilarating, the plot is just so fantastic. The entire concept of the show alone is marvelous. This was also one of the first non-pokemon animes that I watched that got me so obsessed with anime. Naturally, its something I come back to quite often.

Furthermore, I love any anime that has a good theme/soundtrack. Another reason why I love Violet Evergarden is because the soundtrack is unmatched, it fits every episode, every scene perfectly.

Last edited:

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Naruto. I'm fond of it because I look at it through a very thick lens of nostalgia. Otherwise... it's pretty mediocre in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Dragon Ball Super, Kengan Ashura, etc. There's something about shows with mild amounts of character building but a lot of one on one fights that I appreciate. I don't think these shows are bad, but I think it's pretty clear that the writing of both of these are relatively not that great

Last edited:
Years
Guilty pleasure.....

Vampire Knight. It's oh so terrible, but I love it and I can't help it.

I know I have more, but that's my most cringe worthy guilty pleasure.

Years
My sister is a huge fan of that one. I never got the appeal I must admit.

Honestly, not a lot of people like it. BUT I watched it at a young age so I was 'influenced'. lol It's honestly one of the worst shows I've ever watched. But the nostalgic feels get me.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
(insert multiple Yaoi series titles here)

Doukyuusei. The manga and the anime movie they had of it always tugs at my heart and makes me want to indulge in more of the story. Considering Yaoi/BL from my experience gets bashed, I want to admit that it's my one go to. The story makes me happy, but sad, but it's a good kind of sad?

Kuroko no basket. I could spend a whole week rewatching it and not getting bored. I wouldn't ever watch sports series before this, but it introduced me to an entirely new world and I love it.

Also, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. My go to for humour and entertainment all rolled into one.

Years
Hellsing the 2001/02? version. (tv-series)
I love the manga, love Hellsing ultimate but the tv series is one of the first ''darker'' anime i saw so yeah.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
You absolutely did not hear this from me, but I might indulge in an episode of Sword Art Online now and again. Purely for the adorable girl designs. I swear.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I love enjoying 4kid's One Piece rappp theme song and still love all of Michael Bay's Transformers movies. Isn't that enough?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Slice of life anime... they're so pointless and nothing ever happens but it's all I ever seem to be in the mood for. Maybe because it's easy to watch and I don't have to play close attention.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 23, 2020
In terms of anime, Monogatari series is my guilty pleasure. I just love going back to the series over and over even if people feels daunted with the excessive amount of dialogue. I'm planning to read the light novel as well.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
Aho-Girl is easily my biggest anime guilty pleasure. It's the definition of a generic slice of life comedy. The jokes are so dumb and cliche, yet I enjoyed every second.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Magical girls, idols, and romance anime.

All those soft, cutesy things with catchy music.

Even though I'm completely open about it if you follow me on Twitter, at least with idols, I never talk about them anywhere else. lol

Years
shoujo manga that just make u feel good when watching it.
also the anime where the character is op-af and destroys everyone. like... slime, one punch, etc.

Back