• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
OMG SHINY PUMPKABOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Whoo-hooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink_boogie: :boogie: :pink_boogie:

Hahaha I finally got it!!!! After years upon years upon years of scouring the Mélancolie Path every fall, I finally found my shiny pumpkin!! It was a blazing bright purple, so I have no idea how I'd missed it all this time, haha. You'd think it'd really be sticking out in the pumpkin patch, being all purple and all!! :laugh-squinted:

Callie Baza shone on encounter #7682 of this Phase of my Pumpkaboo hunt (I got a shiny Klefki last year!), although it was only encounter #5610 since I started up again in early October for 2019. I found her at 10:02 PM HST tonight, November 8th, and caught her on the second Dusk Ball attempt (a shiny Ghost like Pumpkaboo just has to go in a Dusk Ball, "lol!" And I caught her at night, too, so it was super perfect!!! :laugh:

Pumpkaboo is a really awesome shiny!!! Really ominous and spooky - exactly as a Ghost shiny should be!!! The colors really screamed out the second they jumped on to the screen, haha. I have another shiny Ghost!! :boogie:

Oh, and I can finally take pictures again!! This is my first shiny in like years that I can actually prove, haha. If anyone wants to see pictures of any of my other shinies, just let me know and I can post some! :pink_boogie:

Spoiler:

Pumpkaboo come in all sorts of sizes, so I'm really super happy that I got a big one!!! Some of those Pumpkaboo I saw over the course of my thousands of encounters were ridiculously tiny, "lol." This one is nice and big and scary!! It makes the shiny all that much better, haha! :smile:

I also have a really cool Pumpkaboo-like theme at PC now, since I temporarily switched to Infernal Smash while Quilava's Glaciation is still down. I had been using The Johto Elite for the last few months, but I'm trying out this new one, and I noticed it kind of has Pumpkaboo colors while I was writing this post, "lol!" Appropriate for a Ghost hunter?

(Now before you all scream out and decry my heretical blasphemy, don't worry!!! I'll switch to Quilava's Glaciation as soon as it comes back!!! :cool: )

I had been hatching for a shiny Chespin on X when October rolled around and it came time to hunt for Pumpkaboo, so I had five level 1 Chespin in my party when I caught Callie Baza. I forgot that you get experience for catching Pokémon in GenVI, so all five of those Chespin leveled up like 5 times each after I caught my shiny, "lol!" :laugh-squinted:

(LGE) Shiny Gastly is so damn stubborn, borderline more so than my shiny Charmander but so am I.
I've also been resetting a new HS file for a shiny Cyndaquil.

Good luck - you can do it!!! It's high time for catching shiny Ghosts!! :pink_smile:

Hi been a long time since I posted here. Just got 4 the other day. An SOS Spearow, a random encounter cutifly right after the spearow, Hapiny while trying to sos a Pichu, and a Fearow while trying to random encounter a Minior. The most shiny I ever got in a day. Did have shiny charm so wasn't full odds.

OMG welcome back, Velveteenwolf!!!!! We missed you!!!

Way to come back with a thunderous roar, haha. Four shinies in one day!?? Way to go!! Let's hope that's an omen portending magnificent shiny successes to come! :happy2:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I found a shiny Arbok in hordes. It took 6 shiny Weepinbell and 3 shiny Gligar to find. 422 hordes since the last shiny, a Gligar on Sept 27th. 222 total Arbok hordes.

I previously hunted the 5% Ekans and that one took 483 Ekans hordes and 12 phases.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
As a full-odds Shiny hunter, this has me kind of worried:

From what I understand, in Sword and Shield, battling a Pokémon gradually increases your chance of finding a Shiny of that species over the course of the game (it doesn't have to be chained). However, I'm hoping this only applies to overworld Pokémon. Does anyone know if rustling grass Pokémon are exempt from this boost?

EDIT: Chanced upon a Shiny Wishiwashi!

gdjUYrl.jpg

EDIT 2: Based on what I'm seeing on Serebii, I'm under the impression that the Shiny boost doesn't kick in until you've defeated/caught at least 50 of that species. I hope this is the case.

EDIT 3: Got the Shiny Snom! Now she's a beautiful green-tinted Frosmoth. <3

pOsiIXO.jpg

While I feel that Frosmoth was more likely based on the Indian Moon Moth, I named her Belle in reference to my favorite geometer moth: the Pale Beauty. (Belle means beauty and rhymes with pale.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Hey everyone! Joinin this club of fellow crazy people!
My shinies are:
Full odds, random encounters:
- Scolipede (as Venipede in X, my oldest shiny which I caught on a whim as I didnt realise it was shiny).
-Blue the Electrode (as voltorb in AS)
-Mienshao (as mienfoo in White)
-Ditto (in White, the same night as mienfoo!!!!)
-Lucky the Growlithe (in Gold, knew roar, so stressful)

Gifts from my cool french friend who doesn't care about shinies:
-Druddigon (from gen 6)
-Bewear (gen 7)
-Buneary (gen 7 caught by his roommate who also didnt care ahah)

Shiny wormhole (Ultra moon, with shiny charm): ALL OF EM hehe
- Nazca the sigilyph, Speedy blue the yanmega,Cirrus the swanna, Zephyr the swellow, Aurum the altaria
-Bernadette the Crustle, Magma the Magcargo, Taiga the abomasnow, Olive the hippowdon, Blue Nirvana the medicham
-Cirri the barbaracle, OutoftheBlue the stunfisk, Riffle the floatzel, Patzcuaro the quagsire, Nymphaea the ludicolo (as lombre),Kappa the lombre
-Ray the heliolisk, Decibelle the audino, Scorpius the drapion, Pearl the grumpig, Ilex the shiftry (as nuzleaf), Quercus the nuzleaf

Breeding
-Rosa the Lopunny (completely accidental masuda: second egg hatched from french shiny buneary was shiny buneary!!!)
Masuda+ shiny charm (everyone except beldum bred with my trusty but bad IV japanese ditto):
-Billie the pikipek (120 ish eggs)
-Ivy the snivy (174)
-Billabong the totodile (356)
-Carambar the Jangmo-o (95)
-Buzz the grubbin (271)
-Hedjet the yamask (only 73!)
-Midas the Beldum (ugh, 963)
-Durendal the honedge (only 43!!! a nice break after beldum)
-Kyanite the Roggenrolla (227)
-Zhu the tepig (66)

Others:
Event shinies, mostly thanks to some great folks here on PC giving me codes since I have a US game but dont live in the US
-tapu koko- i missed the others :(((
-zygarde
-silvally
-lunala
-solgaleo

In-game guaranteed shinies
-Ruddy the gyarados (VC Gold)
-Dragonite (White 2)

Currently breeding for a shiny Tepig!

EDIT: HEY, only a few eggs after I posted this, I got the Shiny tepig! Called him Zhu after Zhu Bajie, the boar of chinese legend that inspired emboar. took only 66 eggs to get him!

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
It's been too long.

I'm surprised this is still here, not because of our own resiliency but with how the internet works. Crashes, server moves, abandonment. But here we are.

It says my last post was over 10 years ago. June 9th, 2009 7:23 PM

Where does the time go?

How things change.

In that time frame, I'm not sure if much has changed for me. I rose up and came crashing down, yet to recover. But all the while I still remained a Pokemon fan, and kept moving forward. Things got in the way, and my mind would go elsewhere. But with each new generation I would still get some new shiny Pokemon. The popularity of my YouTube channel has died in favor of people who are able to stream live. I've tried multiple times to revive it but to no avail. But that didn't stop me from uploading videos as a diary of sorts, so I kept moving forward.

I'll have to remake my list. Somewhere along the way I stopped caring and stopped updating it. Life will do that to you.

But here we are. Bookmarked again. I'll be back with a proper update with all the new additions. Right now I have moved on from UltraSun into Pokemon Shield, but I'm not dropping UltraSun entirely because of the hand we were dealt with SwSh. I was hatching Dhelmise with Masuda Method there, but I had already hatched over 900 with no shinies. My luck has been absolutely gobsmacked lately. Right now in Pokemon Sword I'm making Dracovish using a turbo controller and SRing when I have no shiny. I haven't kept track but it feels like I've done at least 2,000 or more already. Maybe soon. Because I want to start hatching eggs soon and combating wild ones, and maybe even do a little fishing.

Hope all is well.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
OMG SHINY PUMPKABOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Whoo-hooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink_boogie: :boogie: :pink_boogie:

Hahaha I finally got it!!!! After years upon years upon years of scouring the Mélancolie Path every fall, I finally found my shiny pumpkin!! It was a blazing bright purple, so I have no idea how I'd missed it all this time, haha. You'd think it'd really be sticking out in the pumpkin patch, being all purple and all!! :laugh-squinted:

Callie Baza shone on encounter #7682 of this Phase of my Pumpkaboo hunt (I got a shiny Klefki last year!), although it was only encounter #5610 since I started up again in early October for 2019. I found her at 10:02 PM HST tonight, November 8th, and caught her on the second Dusk Ball attempt (a shiny Ghost like Pumpkaboo just has to go in a Dusk Ball, "lol!" And I caught her at night, too, so it was super perfect!!! :laugh:

Pumpkaboo is a really awesome shiny!!! Really ominous and spooky - exactly as a Ghost shiny should be!!! The colors really screamed out the second they jumped on to the screen, haha. I have another shiny Ghost!! :boogie:

Oh, and I can finally take pictures again!! This is my first shiny in like years that I can actually prove, haha. If anyone wants to see pictures of any of my other shinies, just let me know and I can post some! :pink_boogie:

Spoiler:

Pumpkaboo come in all sorts of sizes, so I'm really super happy that I got a big one!!! Some of those Pumpkaboo I saw over the course of my thousands of encounters were ridiculously tiny, "lol." This one is nice and big and scary!! It makes the shiny all that much better, haha! :smile:

I also have a really cool Pumpkaboo-like theme at PC now, since I temporarily switched to Infernal Smash while Quilava's Glaciation is still down. I had been using The Johto Elite for the last few months, but I'm trying out this new one, and I noticed it kind of has Pumpkaboo colors while I was writing this post, "lol!" Appropriate for a Ghost hunter?

(Now before you all scream out and decry my heretical blasphemy, don't worry!!! I'll switch to Quilava's Glaciation as soon as it comes back!!! :cool: )

I had been hatching for a shiny Chespin on X when October rolled around and it came time to hunt for Pumpkaboo, so I had five level 1 Chespin in my party when I caught Callie Baza. I forgot that you get experience for catching Pokémon in GenVI, so all five of those Chespin leveled up like 5 times each after I caught my shiny, "lol!" :laugh-squinted:

Good luck - you can do it!!! It's high time for catching shiny Ghosts!! :pink_smile:

OMG welcome back, Velveteenwolf!!!!! We missed you!!!

Way to come back with a thunderous roar, haha. Four shinies in one day!?? Way to go!! Let's hope that's an omen portending magnificent shiny successes to come! :happy2:
Thanks, I hope so too! Pumpkaboo is an awesome shiny great color. I caught a female so I called her Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. Want to call a male Gourgeist Jack when I get one.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Updates! Since my last post (which was my first in the club) I hatched shiny froakie (Nickname Shinobi, 579 eggs)and golett (nickname Phantomaton, 204 eggs)
doing Masuda+ shiny charm in Ultra Moon. I also started a holiday hunt last weekend and today after 372 eggs I got the first one, a shiny Cryogonal named Subzero!

Attachments

• 20191213_192820.jpg
    20191213_192820.jpg
    843.4 KB · Views: 0

G-Money

Years
Hey SHC!! For the first time ever, PokéCommunity is having a massive competition between all the clubs! We're all duking it out for supremacy in PC's Clubs forum - and obviously, we're going to win!!! :laugh-squinted: We're the greatest club in the history of anything ever, so go out there and make your voices heard!

We're currently tied for first place, so if you (yes, I'm talking to YOU in particular! You reading this post! :pink_tongue:) vote, that'll put us in the lead!! So make sure you go vote for *PC's Greatest Club* (and don't take my word for it - that's a direct quote from a literal FOUNDER, haha!)!

There's even a prize for winning - a gift card will be given to the three winning clubs! So there's an actual monetary reward for the most awesome club on PC, which is really cool and super nice by the Club forum staff to do. Thank you, VisionofMilotic and Fairy!

The obvious thing to do would be to have the most intense and crazy shiny hunt ever in the month of January to determine who'll get the gift card when we win, but I'm not so sure that I want to literally commercialize shiny hunting, hahahahaha! Creating an actual monetary incentive for having the most shinies would give people a reason to cheat or lie for the first time in like 10 years, so it could cause problems that we haven't had to deal with in a really, really long time, haha. Maybe we could do an artwork or recruitment (to see who can bring in the most new members!) contest, or something like that. If any of you guys have any cool ideas, absolutely let me know and post here in the thread! Or if you guys are really interested in having money down on a shiny hunt (just this once! :silly:), we could go for that too. It's your call! I'm obviously exempt from winning as the owner, haha. So everyone, post and give your feedback on how we should split up our "Best Club Evah!!!" reward!! :smile:

And the winning club gets a plaque to commemorate their OUR greatness!! :laugh:

VOTE HERE!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

As for my hunts, I've been getting super into the Pearl swarms!!! OMG this is such a fun way to hunt!!! :pink_boogie: Man, I had no idea this would be so much fun. Each day there's a new super-rare Pokémon that suddenly appears on one route in Sinnoh, and I've found that they're pretty much all incredibly amazing shinies that I'd love to have!! I kind of hunted Skitty that one day in September on a whim and got super lucky with getting a shiny Purugly, but now I'm totally on board with this as a spectacularly fun shiny hunting method, haha! The more I do this, the more I realize just how cool the swarm Pokémon are - they're pretty much all Pokémon from other games that are only like 5% on one route in their region, but the Sinnoh swarms give you a chance to hunt them at like 50%! I don't have that many Sinnoh route shinies either, so it gives me a chance to get a bunch of those too without much risk of finding duplicate shinies! Out of the 20 or so swarm Pokémon that I've had the chance to hunt over the past month or so, I only skipped out on like 2 or 3; most of them would be AMAZING to have as shinies! And GenIV has by far the best graphics of any of the games, so it gives me a great chance to explore SInnoh and really just get immersed in what might be my favorite region. I've been doing 200 or so encounters each day for whatever the swarm is lately, and I can't recommend this hunting method enough! It really mixes things up, too, so you never know which hunt is going to produce your next shiny! It's a fun mystery and adds even more surprise to what your next shiny is going to be, "lol!"

I'm up to 4700 Pearl swarm encounters so far. I've also been hunting in Pinwheel Forest in Black, but I'm trying a new hunting method there, too - I'm just biking back and forth on the non-grass part and waiting for the shaking grass! I think it would be super cool to get a shiny elemental monkey (they each seem to be about 10% in the shaking grass, haha!), and it would be cool to get a shiny by hunting in the rare grass, haha. Pinwheel Forest seems like the best place to do this, too - in addition to three rare Pokémon hiding out, the forest has a section that's a straight shot of all non-grass tiles, with only 2 tiles of grass going in each direction along that corridor. So I don't need any Repels and don't really have to worry about running through non-shaking grass to get to the shaker I want! And on the uncommon occasion where I do get an encounter in the first non-shaking patch of grass, I have a chance for a different kind of cool shiny like Venipede or Cottonee, so it's all good! :boogie:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club, the Alolan naturalist!!! What a fantastic opening set of posts, haha
Thanks!! Shiny hunting is dangerously addictive!
Also, you have a bunch of amazingly fantastic nicknames for your shinies that really impressed me and made me go, "Man, what a cool nickname idea for that shiny!", and you also have a few that are total duds, haha
And thank you! Yeah I usually spend way too long thinking about nicknames but then sometimes I can't think of anything so I just go for "better to have a rqndom name than none"

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Please let me know if I'm posting too much/ not doing this club thing right, but I got another one today! number two on my holiday shiny hunting spree, here's Bruno the little roasted chestnut! MM+SC after 184 eggs

Attachments

• 20191214_125701.jpg
    20191214_125701.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
Thanks for inviting me to this group.

I started to breed shiny pokemon after coming across a post about GEN 7 swap breeding exploit in July this year. I haven't stopped since...
List of shiny Pokemon that I have bred/caught with dates and method : - BREEDING: accidental shiny, SWAP: swap breeding combined with Masuda method, SHINY DITTO: breeding with shiny ditto in pokemon crystal.

NOTE: I have listed final evolutions of the shinies i bred/caught.
I am currently SRing for shiny ho-oh in Pokemon crystal and SOS chaining (with synchronize) shiny houndoom in pokemon US to pass the time while SRing in Crystal.

1 Linoone DEX NAV 2017
2 Marowak(A) BREEDING 25-02-17
3 Lopunny BREEDING 02-11-18
4 Lucario BREEDING 09-11-18
5 Gyrados CAUGHT 01-02-19(pokemon crystal)
6 Meowstic BREEDING 01-05-19
7 Blissey CAUGHT 01-06-19
8 Charizard-X SWAP 28-07-19
9 Scizor SWAP 29-07-19
10 Greninja SWAP 02-08-19
11 Umbreon SWAP 05-08-19
12 Passimian BREEDING 06-08-19
13 Gallade SWAP 10-08-19
14 Arcanine SWAP 11-08-19
15 Gardevoir SWAP 11-08-19
16 Rapidash SWAP 12-08-19
17 Sceptile SWAP 13-08-19
18 Lycanrock(M) SWAP 15-08-19
19 Decidueye SWAP 23-08-19
20 Charizard-Y SWAP 24-08-19
21 Clawtizer SWAP 28-08-19
22 Blaziken SWAP 03-09-19
23 Lycanrock(D) SWAP 28-09-19
24 Ninelales SWAP 29-09-19
25 Emboar SWAP 04-10-19
26 Feraligatr SWAP 06-10-19
27 Ninelales(A) SWAP 07-10-19
28 Serperior SWAP 07-10-19
29 Dragonite SWAP 08-10-19
30 Flygon SWAP 09-10-19
31 Nidoqueen SWAP 14-10-19
32 Haxorus SWAP 16-10-19
33 Gogoat SWAP 25-10-19
34 Tangrowth SWAP 27-10-19
35 Tyrantrum SWAP 30-10-19
36 Nidoqueen SHINY DITTO 03-11-19
37 Starmie SHINY DITTO 05-11-19
38 Seismitoad SWAP 06-11-19
39 Nidoking SHINY DITTO 07-11-19
40 Kingdra SHINY DITTO 10-11-19
Kingdra SWAP 12-11-19
41 Braviary SWAP 13-11-19
42 Garchomp GIFT 20-11-19(pokemon Black 2 )
43 Noivern SWAP 24-11-19
44 Minior SWAP 28-11-19
45 Hydreigon SWAP 30-11-19
46 Salamence SWAP 01-12-19
47 Krrokodile SWAP 01-12-19
48 Dephlox SWAP 01-12-19
49 Tyranitar SWAP 03-12-19
50 Infernape SWAP 04-12-19
51 Luxray SWAP 05-12-19
52 Carbink SWAP 06-12-19
53 Ampharos SWAP 07-12-19
54 Camerupt SWAP 08-12-19
55 Lugia CAUGHT 10-12-19
56 Suicune CAUGHT 13-12-19

Last edited:
Years
So like, hi

G-Money has to have concocted the most awkward way possible to contact me--creating a Github account, creating a blank repo, then highlighting me in an issue. (Please don't do this unless it's an emergency!!) Anyway, I'm kind of shocked this place still exists! Seeing as my sig said my latest shiny was Gigalith, it must've been something like 10 years since I visited this place last.

I have kept up with Pokémon, more or less. I found a shiny Psyduck on X and bred a shiny Shroomish and Honedge there. I also found shiny Yungoos, Ditto, and Poliwag on Sun. I kind of dabbled with catch combos on LGP and got a shiny Clefairy (x2), Drowzee, Staryu (x3), and Chansey. I have a very "usual" set of PoGo shinies if those even count. They're a bit long to list but I can if you're interested.

Current hunts:
Giratina on Platinum
Druddigon on Black 2
Pumpkaboo on X

Not that I have that much time to hunt these days but those are my areas of interest. I want to finish Shield before I spoil all the Galar shinies and decide which ones I like.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
I've been hunting a holiday Bruxish in Ultra Moon for a week now with no success but today using a borrowed 2DS I did some SOS chaining in Sun and got my first two shinies using this method! A Lillipup (60 ish calls) and, once I realised how fun it was, I hunted another holiday shiny (after my Crygonal and Chespin). I got delibird! I didn't think I loved him but a short hunt (120 SOS calls) turned me around. I can't believe Bruxish, a controversial, much-maligned pokemon is playing harder to get than Froakie, roggenrola, honedge and tepig, whose evolved forms are some of the most sought-after shinies LMAO!

G-Money

Years
So I'm still playing the game in Pearl where once a Pokémon faints, it's dead and can't be used ever again...but every time I get a shiny, I get to bring one back! I accidentally went the wrong way when looking for one of the routes for the daily swarm one day, and I ended up pretty close to Victory Road. I figured that while I was there, I might as well take on the Elite Four and get some money to buy some new Balls.

It was a disaster. One of the early Elite Four members took out my trusty Noctowl, who'd been a valued member of my team for months. Then Cynthia proceeded to wreck most of the rest of my team, including my starter Infernape, who must've fainted and been resuscitated through an arduous shiny hunt like 5 times by now, haha. I was down to my two favorite Pokémon on my team - Finn the stellar Lumineon and my shiny Misdreavus. Both were down to red health, and Misdreavus clearly couldn't take another hit (or faint Cynthia's last Pokémon). I had to choose between them, which was brutal; Misdreavus had been the star of the squad and is probably the coolest-looking shiny that I own, and Finn was the most fun Pokémon I've ever had on an in-game team and had carried my team time and time again over the past year's worth of adventures. I was in a real bind, and I reluctantly made the tough decision.

I switched out the golden Ghost and brought Finn in to take the hit.

I just couldn't lose my shiny Misdreavus. I just couldn't! So I braced for the horrific impact, and said my goodbyes to Finn...

...but he survived with 1 HP!!! He did it!!! What a fantastic bulky Water-type, haha!!! As if I didn't already love Finn enough, he withstood the full force of Sinnoh's champion, despite already being in red health, and managed to hang in there with 1 final HP. He came back with a strident Surf and won the championship for the team, saving not only Misdreauvs, but the lifeblood of the whole journey as well.

It was sad to have lost the entire rest of my team, but we'd pulled through. I still had my 2 favorite Pokémon on Pearl, and the others could be recovered with some luck on the shiny trail. So I checked the swarm for that day, and it turned out to be a Corsola swarm on a tiny island in the far north. Up we voyaged!

Since I didn't have a Corsola in my Pokédex yet, I determined to catch the first one I saw. That first Corsola we encountered was a real ornery one, resisting Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball. I really wanted to catch her in a Heal Ball since the coloring went so nicely with Corsola's pink hue, but it broke out of dozens of them, so I resigned myself to keep chucking Ultras.

The Corsola was starting to rack up damage against my shiny Misdreavus, as it was a level 50 wild Pokémon. It wasn't a shiny or any big deal like that, but I still wanted to catch this first one and be able to start hunting them by running quickly, so I figured I'd switch out and keep throwing Balls. I flipped to a Swinub I'd caught in a recent swarm to take a few hits while I continued throwing Balls, but the Corsola made quick work of the Swinub.

Darn, that's another shiny I'll have to catch to revive Swinub.

Oh well. I'd put in a lot of effort to catch this Corsola already, so I was going to see it through. REMEMBER THE SUNK COST FALLACY, G-MONEY!!! STOP HERE!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!11

The Corsola managed to faint yet another weak Pokémon (a Growlithe I'd been carrying with me who was like level 3, haha) since I didn't have my strong team members, who had just been killed by Cynthia's ruthlessness the day before. So I turned to Finn.

The Corsola had caused problems enough, so I figured I'd try to weaken it with a non-super effective move and see if that helped my capture luck. Finn launched an attack that brought it down to red health, which looked like it would finally make this thing easier to catch.

The wild Corsola used Mirror Move! Finn fainted!

"lol!" :pink_laugh: I think I'm up to like 24 Pokémon that need to be revived in Pearl now (EDIT: just checked, and it's actually up to 25 now, "lol!"), hahaha! I did finally manage to end up catching that pesky Corsola after 51 Ultra Balls and a bunch of Heal Balls (and I did end up catching her in Heal Ball, after all that!), and she's temporarily replaced Finn as my Surfer. Until I get my next shiny, that is!!! :nod:

I'm up to 5427 Pearl swarm encounters, and lots of shaking grass encounters in Black's Pinwheel Forest as well!

Oh, and we're somehow tied for Club of the Year voting again (those Dragon Ascenders are starting to put up a bit of challenge!), so make sure you:

VOTE HERE!!!!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
So this just happened...

Spoiler:

Number battled: 5.
Turn 1: Broke out of the quick ball.
Turn 2: Memento. T___T

And it seems almost everything in the Lake of Outrage has a suicide move. Shiny hunters beware...
This is the third career shiny I lost. No, I don't have a masterball yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
I have been playing a lot since last 5 months.
Regarding my ho oh hunt....
I finally encountered shiny ho oh after 6 days of sring and i fought it for over 25 turns. It was on full health (after using recover) when my 57 lv badass feraligatr ko'ed it with a critical hit surf! was underprepared anyway. First time failed a shiny and felt the pain of all others who have failed.

Then the next day i accidentally ko'ed a shiny machop in ultra sun! Didn't feel as bad as ho-oh)
Yesterday was my most productive bday with regards to no. of shinies as while SRing for ho oh found 2 shiny machops(adamant, no guard and docile- guts) , shiny grubbin(modest) and a shiny mimikyu(quiet) via synchronised SOS battle (with shiny charm ofcourse).
Still hunting shiny ho-oh.............

Years
As moderator of the Clubhouse I am pleased to confer on the Shiny Hunters Club a Golden Milotic award, may it shine on your shelf alongside your collection of shiny pokemon! Congratulations to the Shiny Hunters Club. You have been voted first place in Club of the Year! You also receive a commemorative plaque. I am emailing you the the imgur links if you want to displays these in your club.These were designed by the skillful hands of Fairy! More prizes are on the way. Good work shiny hunters! Your club will be pinged all 2020. Also feel free to bump the Club of the Year Festival and let us know where your 20 dollar gift card should be addressed to, or send me a private message if you prefer! Congratulations again! Great job.

z8xn6bn.gif

5AVlDcD.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Congrats to G-Money and the Shiny Hunters club! The original, 2004 thread still going strong today as we enter 2020. Vision of Milotic and I wish you many happy years to come along with many new shiny Pokémon!

Cheers, everyone. You made this happen. (´∀`)♡

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Hey everyone! At some point in december I decided to shiny hunt some holiday-themed pokemon in gen 7. I got a few of them, so here's a badly photoshopped holiday card with the gang (plus my old abomasnow because you need a Christmas tree!). Merry Christmas from The Alolan Naturalist and: Taiga (Abomasnow, wormhole), Bruno (Chespin, egg), Subzero (Cryogonal, egg), Merry (Delibird, SOS) and Yule Tide (Bruxish, a particularly stubborn egg girl)

Attachments

• holiday card shinies.jpg
    holiday card shinies.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 6

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hello everyone, Merry Chistmas!
Also congrats on being Club of the year and keeping it alive.
Congrats on all new shinies.

Not many news about me, most of my shinies this year have been from pokemon go community day pokemon, the last shiny i got from the main games was a shiny sandile from pokemon sun around 2019 get together. I´ll try hunting something related to the season before the year ends.

Happy holidays

Edit: Shiny mienfoo calm nature at dragonspiral tower caught in a dive ball. Maybe the blue color matches the season, I'll see if I can get another one.
Spoiler:

Edit: Got another shiny, this time is a vanillish, adamant, caught in a quickball at dragonspiral tower, named it blueberry like the ice cream flavor.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back