• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Team Plx Rate And Give Recommendations

sarious

Time Lord
Years
Sawk
Giga Impact
Retaliate
Reversal
Close Combat

Item: Fist Plate
Flare Blitz
Hammer Arm

Item: Flame Plate
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse

Item: Draco Plate
Rock Slide
Stone Edge

Item: Stone Plate
Toxic
Agility

Item: Sky Plate
Hydro Pump
Surf

Item: Splash Plate

Please Rate/Give Recommendations

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Btw, this forum is for competitive teams.
This is the forum you're looking for.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
A lot of the things about your team are very uncompetitive to the point where it may be mistaken for an in-game team. For example, your Samurott. You cannot run four Water-type moves on it without expecting poor results, and that goes for all of your other Pokemon too - you should only run one move of each type. What happens if someone switches in a Vaporeon with Water Absorb? Hydro Cannon is a really bad competitive move because it causes you to waste a turn after you use it. Fly, Hyper Beam, etc are all in the same vein. Plates are also poor choices for items all around - there are more specific items that work better.

If this is intended to be a competitive team, there are a lot of things to shape up. The things I mentioned aren't even the full of it. If you'd like to be more competitive, I suggest looking at some of the other RMTs around here and comparing them to your team, and trying to understand the difference between competitive and in-game because right now this team does look like an in-game team.

Years
You're new to this, I know...but it takes a lot of practice to actually realize what you need on one of these.

I'll try to give a step by step analysis.

Sawk
Giga Impact
Retaliate
Reversal
Close Combat

First off, as with all Pokemon, make SURE you use Protect unless something isn't allowing it to be efficient. Secondly, Sawk is a good Pokemon, but there are actually better alternatives for what he does...I.E. Conkeldurr, Terrakion, Scrafty.

The item also isn't necessary, this will also go for all 6 Pokemon. Plates are rarely to never used. Go with a gem of the STAB move if anything- 50% boost on one attack usually 1HKO's anything that it's normal against. If you think the Pokemon is great and just needs a speed boost to get its primary move off faster, use a choice scarf, and if you think it gets OHKO'd too easily, use a focus sash. Sash and scarf should always be utilized no matter what your team looks like.

Flare Blitz
Hammer Arm

This is a somewhat legit Pokemon. Again, go with protect and a fire gem here. Thrash isn't a great move...And overheat doesn't work as far as his strengths go. He's an Attacker, not a Sp Attacker. Flare Blitz is his key move, that should definitely stay. Hammer Arm could be a good filler.
Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse

Another legit Pokemon. This is a good one to scarf if you can afford it.

As far as moveset goes, I'd say you should definitely limit it to Dragon Claw for dragon-type moves. The other ones are completely unnecessary. Also, Hyper Beam is a Sp Att move...so it wouldn't do anything. Hax is a pure attacker. No Sp Att ANYWHERE.

He also is a good Rockslider. That's a key move in this metagame.

Rock Slide
Stone Edge

I'll trade that and trade it back for a Gigalith, first of all.
I actually like the moveset...just get rid of iron defense for protect.

Stone plate...meh. Go with either a rock or normal gem.

Toxic
Agility

Fly? Not necessary, acrobatics takes care of that in a heartbeat. Air slash is SP ATT, not many people use Tornadus for that. Go with a Tailwind instead to give your team a speed boost. Also, Toxic isn't necessary if you're not a staller. Go with Taunt if you want to shut someone down harder. Also, agility isn't really needed, Tornadus is the fastest OU Pokemon in this metagame.
Hydro Pump
Surf

Waaay too many water-type moves. This wouldn't be a bad Pokemon to Sash, either. It's an attacker...go with Waterfall, cut the other three moves. Also, put an Aqua Jet on it for priority. Ice Beam wouldn't be another bad move. Protect for the last one.

You're lacking some overall team fluidity too. I recommend you really hit up either Smogon's or Skarmbliss's servers on Pokemon Online and give it a test.

Looks like you've got an idea though for who to consider using.

GL HF and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2014
Something you probably should put on here are the natures and what ability the pokemon should have. A great deal of pokemon have more than one ability, and knowing that will help alot.

Another thing is EVs. EVs are important to get the most out of your Pokemon's abilities.

Sawk
Giga Impact
Retaliate
Reversal
Close Combat

I would honestly recommend using Conkuldur instead of Sawk. While Sturdy is useful and Sawk is faster. Conkuldur can be breed with Mach Punch (and Drain punch if you have the older games) and his abilities are better. Also this Sawk has two Normal moves, while they are strong, they don't play to his advantages. Close Combat = Giga Impact for all intents and purposes and it's Same Type Attack Boost (50% extra dmg). Retaliate is only really good on a normal type, since it can STAB.

Flare Blitz
Hammer Arm

Ability would really help here, since you can catch a darmanitan with Zen Mode, which completely changes the Pokemon.

Thrash is a meh choice. Its a normal type move, but his Atk can let him cause serious havoc. Overheat is a SPAttack on an attack focused pokemon. Flare Blitz and Hammer arm are good choices.

Try Stone Edge and Earthquake. Not STAB, but with it's High Atk, it can do some major damage.

Hyper Beam
Dragon Pulse

Too Many Dragon Moves.

Dragon Claw or level it to 66 for Outrage. Hyper beam and Dragon Pulse are Special Attack on a Physical Attack Pokemon. Dragon Dance and Sword dance are both really good moves that you shouldn't pass over.

My Haxorus has the Mold Breaker ability, and knows

Dragon Claw
Earth Quake
Swords Dance
Brick Break
This gives him good coverage for alot of favored walls and type advantage.

Rock Slide
Stone Edge

Trade to Evolve. A good move set, just drop Iron Defense for Earthquake.

Toxic
Agility

I would replace for a tank. Look up Ferrothorn or even Weezing.

Hydro Pump
Surf

Too many water moves.

go

Aqua Jet (STAB revenge Kill Move)
Sword Dance
Ice beam
and maybe breed Air Slash

Please Rate/Give Recommendations

A solid first attempt, you need to check your typing, you may be weak agianst certain types.

Also, there are a lot of items you can use instead of plates. Leftovers are great, and the Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, Focus sash are excellent for competive battling.

Check the Resources to find sites that can help you improve your team. Marrils team builder is one I use often since it tells you where your weakest.

Back