• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram or Zekrom

Reshiram or Zekrom

• Total voters
Years
Hi, I don't find a thread like this, thus, I make one.

So, Which one do your prefer ? Why (just the body, the skin color) ?

Which moove pool do you prefer ?

Don't say the twins ;)

We suppose you are N and you have to choose one (We don't considerate the version white or black).

I prefer the black color, and the form of Zekrom (The one that we can see on the main page). I prefer also his eyescolor.

But I am a great fan of Fire Type. So, I choose Reshiram as my favourite.

For the moove pool, I don't remember excatly, but I think about his "ultimate" fire attack. With an ct flame-thrower. + One dragon attack (I hesitate which one) andthe last, I don't know (dragon attack or another).

- Ultimate fire attack (of Reshiram the attack with benefith alliance with the same attack for Zekrom)
- Flame-Thrower
- Dragon attack (I don't know exactly which one)
- Dragon attack or another attack. (I am not in situation, I have the time to think about it).

Last edited:
Years
To be honest, legendaries aren't my favorite, but Zekrom/Reshiram(/Kyurem) are pretty good.

I like Zekrom's design better, although I've come to appreciate Reshiram's in due time. Zekrom's is better executed, I feel and more...solid.(?) Reshiram has those weird: Wings! But wait, there's more! If you order now, we'll throw in some HANDS jutting out from the wings! Only $19.95! (in essence I don't like the wing-arm things Reshiram has geesh) Also, I like Zekrom's body design, and black is just cooler I guess lol. Plus I like Zekrom's little blue tip!

I think Reshiram has the better typing/movepool/stats with it's typing, though I'm not a competitive battler so correct me if I'm wrong. Plus, Reshiram's signature moves look cooler.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Zekrom, definitely. I like his design much more (although Reshiram's design kicks butt, too) and I don't mind him being a dominantly physical attacker. His special attack is still decent, too. And lastly I like the electric element more than fire in this case.

Years
I'm ok with you.

Zekrom has a nice body design. I'm loving the red eyes which cut radically with his black body. I think it's a pity that reshiram don't look more like a dragon.

Certainly, he has a resemblance with a dragon but in view of Zekrom, he is disadvantaged.

Furthermore, if we follow the story, both made only one, at first. Thus, they should be almost similar with the exception of their type, their skin color as well as of the color of the eyes.

Finally, I find that the blue of the eyes of reshiram do not make good with the whole character. I would have preferred that he has orange eyes.

Nevertheless, I prefer reshiram at the level of the fight, because I prefer the type fire.

He is from my favorite type, and is not bad.

Obviously, if he was bad, besides not being "as well aggressive" as Zekrom, I would have chosen the legendary of the lightning.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Reshiram all the way. Its design is ok, while Zekrom's awful. That's enough for me, a legendary must have a decent design. Reshiram has the look of a legendary, Zekrom doesn't.
I can't judge Zekrom in battle, since I've never used it, and don't plan to try. Anyway, for my team, Reshiram types were more interesting than Zekrom's.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Reshiram all the way. It looks very majestic and it's stupidly powerful in conjunction with Turboblaze and unresisted STABs.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Added a poll, by the way! n_n I feel like these threads need polls (also, since it concerns just the mascots, the weekly poll rule doesn't apply for anyone wanting to remake old weekly poll threads... in case anybody was thinking deeply about this lmao).

Zekrom for me! I love its design, despite the fact that the Kyurem forme of Reshiram is my avatar BUT NEVERTHELESS THAT DOES NOT COUNT HERE! Zekrom actually has a pretty awesome design and I like the attack animations ESPECIALLY FOR FUSION BOLT it is amazing <333

Althoughhhh in a battle, Reshiram would unfortunately win because it can make full use of Draco Meteor while Zekrom cannot. ;__;

Zekrom was also a great companion in White for me. :3 Everyone should go get a Zekrom on me tbh.

Years
Thanks Requility to add a poll. I didn't dare.

Well, I think about it : "Everyone shloud go get a Zekrom".

I see a man who didn't let me enter in a cave (before I beat the league). I suppose it's the one for kyurem. But Should I have the second legendary to find him ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thanks Requility to add a poll. I didn't dare.

Well, I think about it : "Everyone shloud go get a Zekrom".

I see a man who didn't let me enter in a cave (before I beat the league). I suppose it's the one for kyurem. But Should I have the second legendary to find him ?

Before the league the only cave you'd be referring to would be Cobalion (on Route 6, yeah?), and Kyurem is post-game. You don't need both legendaries to get it, nor do you need just one. :)

Also I really think we should get more Zekrom support here, because Reshiram is kinda overrated! ZEKROM CAN SHOCK YOU TO DEATH RESHIRAM, ALL YOU CAN DO IS SET ZEKROM ON FIRE. :(

Years
Hi,

No, I've found cobalion and their friends before the league. ;)

I don't want to spoil anymore but this is the cave with a 'karateka' design character who stop us and said the master come sometimes to train him here...

It's between the 'train road' and the dragon town...

I think kyurem is there because I don't see another cave. And It was the same with Virizion (a man still to block the road and said : I feel the presence of a powerful pokemon). So if this man block the cave it's probably because there's a powerful pokemon... like kyurem. (It couldn't be Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion or Tornadus because I caught them so there are only two solutions).

This cave contains the most powerful pokemon. (pokemon with higher level in the game)
Or this cave contains a legendary pokemon.

I think about the second. The unova champion don't go there if this cave weren't an important place...

Requility said:
ZEKROM CAN SHOCK YOU TO DEATH RESHIRAM, ALL YOU CAN DO IS SET ZEKROM ON FIRE

And you forgot that Reshiram could easily beat the little Zekrom ;)
I remember during my first game on White and Black.
I had easily won my battle with Reshiram and It was hardest with Zekrom.

Nevertheless the configuration was the same. N had his dragon at the level 52 and I had mine at the level 50.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi,

No, I've found cobalion and their friends before the league. ;)

I don't want to spoil anymore but this is the cave with a 'karateka' design character who stop us and said the master come sometimes to train him here...

It's between the 'train road' and the dragon town...

I think kyurem is there because I don't see another cave. And It was the same with Virizion (a man still to block the road and said : I feel the presence of a powerful pokemon). So if this man block the cave it's probably because there's a powerful pokemon... like kyurem. (It couldn't be Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion or Tornadus because I caught them so there are only two solutions).

This cave contains the most powerful pokemon. (pokemon with higher level in the game)
Or this cave contains a legendary pokemon.

I think about the second. The unova champion don't go there if this cave weren't an important place...

And you forgot that Reshiram could easily beat the little Zekrom ;)
I remember during my first game on White and Black.
I had easily won my battle with Reshiram and It was hardest with Zekrom.

Nevertheless the configuration was the same. N had his dragon at the level 52 and I had mine at the level 50.

Oh now I know where you're on about! Unfortunately nothing is found there. :( It's quite disappointing but there's nothing there whatsoever. It's misleading, yeah, but nothing within - Kyurem is somewhere else in the region in -another- cave. Sorry!

And yeah, well Reshiram could beat Zekrom buuuuut in general it'd be more logical because Zekrom looks more badass and has a better design. Reshiram just looks like an awkward angel!! :(

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Until now, I believed that Zekrom was the overrated one. Everyone I know hates Reshiram. I could've liked Zekrom better if its tail had been different. Just makes him look like a turbojet (it actually is). And yes, Resiram may look like an angel and its tail may look like a turbojet too (not that much), but its face looks more like a dragon to me.

PS: By the way, have you ever tried imagining a White Zekrom and Black Reshiram? LOL

Years
Well, Quick answer about

Xeninacra said:
PS: By the way, have you ever tried imagining a White Zekrom and Black Reshiram? LOL

Yeah, I've already thought about it since I know that B/W 2 will have the same legendary, but in two colors...

Requility said:
Oh now I know where you're on about! Unfortunately nothing is found there. :( It's quite disappointing but there's nothing there whatsoever. It's misleading, yeah, but nothing within - Kyurem is somewhere else in the region in -another- cave. Sorry!

And yeah, well Reshiram could beat Zekrom buuuuut in general it'd be more logical because Zekrom looks more badass and has a better design. Reshiram just looks like an awkward angel!! :(

What could I say about this. I'm disappointed to read that Kyurem is not there. But nevertheless I think I'll go to level up my pokemon.

Exactly, you speak about angel. I don't know if you've already seen the cover of the movie Angel and Devils (movie pulled by the novel of Dan Brown); on the cover, we see a statue at the middle-angel the middle devil. Meaning that both are a part of a whole (a little as the symbol of the yin and the yang).

I think that Zekrom and Reshiram are the same. Both parts of the same pokemon (as we know), a part dark and the other part the light (in other words the angel and the devil).

You're right when you say that Reshiram is like an angel. Of course, I think it's boring for the white version with the game. Indeed, in this one, N control exactly the part of the light. Thus, we control the dark part; and it's a little goes against the spirit of the hero.

^_^"

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Althoughhhh in a battle, Reshiram would unfortunately win because it can make full use of Draco Meteor while Zekrom cannot. ;__;
Tell that to my Reshiram, who was the unfortunate victim of two crits. in its first two battles. I boxed it immediately.

Besides, if I really need them, I can always import the one that is not found in my choice of game. Due to all the White Forest exclusivity in the first set, I will go for White this time and import a Zekrom if needed somewhere, but in keeping with the spirit of the game (legendaries appearing later) I will only use it outside of storyline battles.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Exactly, you speak about angel. I don't know if you've already seen the cover of the movie Angel and Devils (movie pulled by the novel of Dan Brown); on the cover, we see a statue at the middle-angel the middle devil. Meaning that both are a part of a whole (a little as the symbol of the yin and the yang).

I think that Zekrom and Reshiram are the same. Both parts of the same pokemon (as we know), a part dark and the other part the light (in other words the angel and the devil).

You're right when you say that Reshiram is like an angel. Of course, I think it's boring for the white version with the game. Indeed, in this one, N control exactly the part of the light. Thus, we control the dark part; and it's a little goes against the spirit of the hero.

^_^"
I think it had too many features to properly project the whole angel thing ;( Personally I think it'd be a better angel if it's wings weren't as wide and stuff and it didn't have that tail and if it was skinnier overall :(

Until now, I believed that Zekrom was the overrated one. Everyone I know hates Reshiram. I could've liked Zekrom better if its tail had been different. Just makes him look like a turbojet (it actually is). And yes, Resiram may look like an angel and its tail may look like a turbojet too (not that much), but its face looks more like a dragon to me.

Well Reshiram's tail looks like a cigarette lighter - Turbo jet wins out tbh.

Tell that to my Reshiram, who was the unfortunate victim of two crits. in its first two battles. I boxed it immediately.

Besides, if I really need them, I can always import the one that is not found in my choice of game. Due to all the White Forest exclusivity in the first set, I will go for White this time and import a Zekrom if needed somewhere, but in keeping with the spirit of the game (legendaries appearing later) I will only use it outside of storyline battles.

Cyclone

Oh yes go crits! n___n Sadly that's Zekrom's only way to win though!

Years
Absolutely... Zekrom would win the battle... only by default. If reshiram doesn't come to fight or if Reshiram is sleeping at this time.

The Reshiram's tail seems like a turbo jet reactor. To fly an harrier (I'm not sure about two 'r' in the name of this fighter) use fire in his reactor. Not thunder. ^^

Zekrom is good enough to work for a battery maker. I heard that Duracell want to engage him. ;)

It'a joke I make a party to obtain him... also because I think I would need him to have kyurem.

But I'm not interested by his electric type.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2012
I like Reshiram~
mainly for his design, and just the way his body kinda "flows" in the anime.
idk why but I like a lot of pokemon for the way they just kinda move. o3o

Back