• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weirdest glitch you've ever had?

Years
The weirdest one, which arguably isn't weird all that weird, was when I cycled really fast from Eterna Forest straight into Eterna City and the Eterna City music did not load up.

It was quite unsettling, as I thought the music fro Eterna City would never load up again, and I <3 that music...

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i tried tweaking in my pearl once but it just ended up freezing the game and i didnt want to tamper with it any longer since there was a risk of losing my save file and it was too important to be deleted. other than that using honey on a pokemart and items names not showing up is pretty weird too though that only happens in diamond and pearl.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
the weirdest glitch i have ever experienced would be on my pokemon ruby. i had got to the part where i have just earned my starter pokemon (treecko all the way) and i have to battle may. i had saved the game in route 101 where i received my starter. i then turned off and didnt play pokemon ruby for almost a year. after looking through my stuff i found ruby so i was curious as to whereabouts i was in the game so i loaded up my save file. as soon as i appear on route 101.
professor birch is being chased by a zigzagoon / poochyena but theres another prof birch standing on the jump ledge. im very confused but interested at this point so i decided to talk to the prof birch stnding on the ledge. weird text appears such as symbols and what seems like Japanese sort of writing after the text had finished i pressed b to end the conversation and a yellow flash shot up turning my screen red. after taking one step my gba crashed and completely broke as well as my ruby cartridge.

the really strange thing is though is that i dont have a gameshark or do any in game glitch so im puzzled as to how it happened.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I remember a few glitches my sister encountered, though none of my own that I can recollect. :( Both of the glitches are on my Ruby version that she has a profile on, by the way.

The first glitch was when she was restarting her game. She was a girl in the game, but when she went to see Brendan on Route 103, he was a girl too. o_O

The second glitch wasn't really a glitch (although it could've been), but my sister was on Route 120 grinding, and wouldn't ever encounter anything except shiny Absols. She didn't have any Poké Balls and went to buy some in Fortree, but on returning to Route 120 the glitch didn't reoccur. :(

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I glitched into a wall in Rock Tunnel a couple of times on my Blue version. No clue how it happened. I used to be really good at navigating Rock Tunnel without Flash and a few times I would hit a wall as I tried to avoid a trainer, get stuck, and be unable to move. The last time it happened I taught one of my Pokemon Flash so I could actually confirm that I was stuck in the wall.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I had a Blue Version years ago that was full of glitches. When walking along Route 3 on my way to Mt. Moon, a Lass appeared out of nowhere and battled me with a Lv. 100 Blastoise... Needless to say, I lost.
There was also a glitch on Route 25 that would cause my player to walk extremely slow. It took about a minute to walk two steps, and after taking ten steps the game would freeze.

Years
Once I was playing on my Pokémon Blue Version (wich was in spanish btw), so I get to the point where you got FLY and I was about to teach it to my Pidgeotto but accidentaly let my GB fall.

When I pick it up it seem normal, like nothing happen, but when I get to the screen where it shows which pokémon was able to use it, it say my Charizard could also learn it (wich it couldn't until Yellow I think).

Of course I theach it to him an later kick Blastoise's ass with that move :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Well, for me, I haven't had any major glitches...There was only a minor graphical glitch...while I was playing my Platinum, my DS bumped into something, it was while it was loading some text...the text glitched up at the end, it was kinda like "...GARCH*glitchy pixels*".
Then I also decided to try out a glitch (intentionally) in HeartGold by talking about the Special Pokemon for the GS Cup in Indigo Plateau then talked to the guard of the door leading to the Elite Four and...he didn't budge.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I remember on a play through of Diamond, I was searching for the roaming legendaries by going back in forth between Jubilife City and Route 202. Suddenly, I see that Mespirit is on Route 202. I go into the tall grass, the battle begins with Mespirit's battle music AND...its a DPBox.
No cheats or anything, its just that for some reason, I encountered a DPBox instead of Mespirit, and I have never had this glitch occur again.

Back