• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Can i be one? I also hate people who redistribute beta games... I despise them. Ive also been a fan of Uranium when it first started.
I also have an Msn, if you choose me as one of the testers ... [email protected]
I'm waiting for more people to get in, so I can choose which one is better for what I want =)

I would be honor'd to test your game, during this Summer Break, i'll have at least 6+ hours log on the computer Daily, which I can devote almost half or more, to playing this demo release.

I've been watching this project, over the past couple weeks. I would love to test your game out, for you.

If you have any interest in hiring me onto a Betatesting team, please Contact me through PM.

I also have MSN messenger, and I can get any other chat programs you perfer.

- Ryan ;D

Btw, I want to see another Poison that wasn't in the Demo. xDD
Sure, I may get in touch with you and the other people soon.

I'd beta test... although I have a feeling I might have difficulty running the game.

I already have Zephyr on my MSN list, so I'll tell her if I see anything that's off.
You already tested the old one for me, but if I have any free space, I'll remember of you ;).

I have an MSN as well btw I forgot to add it in the message
Ok, like I said to Poison, wait for a PM from me.

Well, I'd be happy to help you with the beta-test!
Even though I haven't been on the forum physically for very long.

I'll only send my msn if you do take me as a beta-tester, though. I need confirmation or refusal.
Got it, I'll confirm it soon.

WoW...

Really cool. I wish I could hack as well as u guys.
Not a hack =p.

I just downloaded the beta and enjoyed what I played. While searching the tall grass for pokemon, I ran into an error that froze the game, but other than that there were no errors for me.
Where could you have downloaded the beta from, when he's selecting 5 people to send it to...?

He is talking about the October 2009 demo. As I already said a few times, it's not supported anymore.

Well, since the type thing tied, I decided to pick Fire =). I present you in detail a pokémon that will be present in the next demo, Pahar.

zxuu1g.png
Name: Pahar
Type: Fire / Flying
Ability: Pressure
Description: "PAHAR are intelligent and are commonly kept as pets. They can even be taught to talk, although not to the degree of CHATOT. "

Stats: high SpAttack and SpDef . Average Speed and HP. Low Def and Atk
Best Moves: Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Agility, Heat Wave, Sky Attack and Fire Blast
Evolve to Palij at lvl 19

So you guys just keep voting and signing up to the beta 2.0!

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
If your really in need of guys to beta test i suppose i can, Ive done quite a bit of testing for several games including retail betas so i know what to look for.

You can use me as a backup i suppose :P

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
Do I see a bird? That makes FIRE? Instant love.
You really have good ideas for the fakemons, very believable, not like some I've seen...

I still vote psychic though. xD

DigimonMaster

Lurkermon
Years
I'd be happy to beta for you if there is still room, I loved the previous demo and would be glad to help with the next step.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
fighting, but again, someone different thean Emeprilla, and the sheep

Poison Master

Poison'd You.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2010
WELL, I vote for.

Poison / Fighting.

So count that as 1 vote for each, and I will check my PMs regulary to see, I apologise if you contact me and it takes awhile to respond, because I might be outside.

;3

( and this got the most post ever, when you posted you wanted Beta Testers, Lul. )

- Ryan

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
Oh, Pahar! I remember that guy... Zephyr actually asked me to do his backsprite, iirc.

Voting for Electric.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Pahar's pretty cute although I could never seem to find one in the Demo... (It WAS in the demo right?)

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
I've just earned my second badge in your current demo. Not sure how relevant any commentary will be since you're releasing version 2.0, but here are my thoughts:

Highlights
-actual backgrounds in Pokemon battles (as opposed to a white vacuum or smears of colour)
-the tongue in cheek humor throughout the game: I love the self-degrading town signs, and all the kids who have given up on training Pokemon in order to play the video game adaptations of the sport.
-the dual-type starters. The extra element really gives them a lot more personality.
-the new rival scenario. A game where you start with the stronger Pokemon? Now there's something refreshing! I do see how the dual-type natures may help Theo to surpass you as his Pokemon rises in level. It should keep you on your toes.

I'm not so keen on
-the diamond-shaped menu system. It's very odd and unintuitive to navigate (I instinctively want to use the left/right arrows to move around, as opposed to up/down). It's also very, very sluggish.
-"vendor trash" fakemon. Owten and Chyinmunk strike me as the Uranium version of Ratatta or Bidoof - normal type Pokemon you pick up at the start of the game to fill your team roster, and abandon as soon as stronger and more interesting elemental types appear. But maybe I'm just bringing in some bad assumptions - as the game designer, how do you envision 'mons like Owten being used in battle? What special abilities do they bring to the mix, and what niche would they fill on a team?

Most importantly
Thank you for finally breaking the the "Monotype Gym Leader" mold! I think that by now everyone has mastered the type advantages of Pokemon, making it far too easy to stack a team of surfers for a fire-type gym, or to earthquake your way through an electric gym. When each of your opponent's 'mons present a different type challenge, you really have your work cut out for you.

I'd be very interested to face these polytype gym leaders in 2-vs-2 matches, especially if they train Pokemon that guard each others' type weaknesses. (grass & rock; psychic & fighting, etc.)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^I agree with most of that, I like how there is 6 gyms and I love the plot.
And every game needs Vendor Trash fakemon. And Chyinmunk isn't compeltely vendor trash because it gains the electric type upon evolution.

And the niche the vt mon fill on the team is HM SLAVE *cough* I mean supporter!

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
^ And don't forget, the rival actually CARES for his pokes! He doesn't treat them as slaves, like the usual rival.

Snap, new page. Now my beautiful arrow won't make any sense.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I've just earned my second badge in your current demo. Not sure how relevant any commentary will be since you're releasing version 2.0, but here are my thoughts:

Highlights
-actual backgrounds in Pokemon battles (as opposed to a white vacuum or smears of colour)
-the tongue in cheek humor throughout the game: I love the self-degrading town signs, and all the kids who have given up on training Pokemon in order to play the video game adaptations of the sport. Haha, I'm glad you are liking that, Zephyr had the idea for most of them, and expect to see a lot more in the next demo!
-the dual-type starters. The extra element really gives them a lot more personality.
-the new rival scenario. A game where you start with the stronger Pokemon? Now there's something refreshing! I do see how the dual-type natures may help Theo to surpass you as his Pokemon rises in level. It should keep you on your toes. As Snoopi said, he also has an unique personality. We worked really hard on Theo =).

I'm not so keen on
-the diamond-shaped menu system. It's very odd and unintuitive to navigate (I instinctively want to use the left/right arrows to move around, as opposed to up/down). It's also very, very sluggish. Haha, many people complained about it. That custom menu was actually just a way I could prove my eventing skills on rmxp back there. Our new menu is pretty simple and really intuitive.
-"vendor trash" fakemon. Owten and Chyinmunk strike me as the Uranium version of Ratatta or Bidoof - normal type Pokemon you pick up at the start of the game to fill your team roster, and abandon as soon as stronger and more interesting elemental types appear. But maybe I'm just bringing in some bad assumptions - as the game designer, how do you envision 'mons like Owten being used in battle? What special abilities do they bring to the mix, and what niche would they fill on a team?
Well, Chyinmunk is pretty bad but it's evo Kinetmunk can be very useful early on the game, since it has quick attack and thunder shock. Owten is the only flying pokémon yoyu can catch till after the second gym, and it's REALLY useful against Terlard.

Most importantly
Thank you for finally breaking the the "Monotype Gym Leader" mold! I think that by now everyone has mastered the type advantages of Pokemon, making it far too easy to stack a team of surfers for a fire-type gym, or to earthquake your way through an electric gym. When each of your opponent's 'mons present a different type challenge, you really have your work cut out for you.

I'd be very interested to face these polytype gym leaders in 2-vs-2 matches, especially if they train Pokemon that guard each others' type weaknesses. (grass & rock; psychic & fighting, etc.) Don't worry because there will be 2-vs-2 gym battles! I always thought Gyms were a bit tad too easy on the official games, so that + higher levels to their pokémon made the them way more challenging. I bet everyone had a hard time against Davern haha.

I really like this kind of post =). Bold commented!

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years

Highlights
-the tongue in cheek humor throughout the game: I love the self-degrading town signs, and all the kids who have given up on training Pokemon in order to play the video game adaptations of the sport.
-the new rival scenario. A game where you start with the stronger Pokemon? Now there's something refreshing! I do see how the dual-type natures may help Theo to surpass you as his Pokemon rises in level. It should keep you on your toes.

I'm not so keen on
-the diamond-shaped menu system. It's very odd and unintuitive to navigate (I instinctively want to use the left/right arrows to move around, as opposed to up/down). It's also very, very sluggish.
I didnt like the daimond menu either it confused me.

Most importantly

I'd be very interested to face these polytype gym leaders in 2-vs-2 matches, especially if they train Pokemon that guard each others' type weaknesses. (grass & rock; psychic & fighting, etc.)

Poison Master

Poison'd You.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2010
Kinda beat ALMOST the whole first demo, but worse comes to worse, i'll wait for the newly updated one.

I also love the new Cave Graphics, for the light. 100 Times better, than the original Pokemon. ( most recent one i've played is FireRed ), so Yeah.. Enless they added that too.

Any way, Peeaace.

Also contact me if I get rejected for Beta Tester as well..

- Ryan

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Don't worry because there will be 2-vs-2 gym battles! I always thought Gyms were a bit tad too easy on the official games, so that + higher levels to their pokémon made the them way more challenging. I bet everyone had a hard time against Davern haha.

Let's put it this way - remember that scene from the first Austin Powers movie when the nameless henchman is frozen stiff and screaming as he's about to be squished by the steamroller? That's pretty much what I felt like when Davern pulled out Tofurang, the massive, flying hippopotamus.

NOOOO!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I don't know why but I don't hate Tofurang...quite odd.
FLYING PLEASE!!!

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Well, you know what they say in the Church of Arceus - "Hate not the pokemon, hate the pokemon trainer".

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Haha. It's a challenging foe to overcome, but I wouldn't say I hate the bugger. Weird looking, but I wouldn't mind trying it out on a team.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
^I love how your convo kind of suddenly silenced the thread. Or maybe it's just me?
I don't mean anything bad by saying that, I thought it was funny.
Just sayin'.

Back