• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well I'm glad Ash didn't catch the Passimian. Apparently Passimian's episode has been banned in English. First banned episode for a controversial reason in a long time. (Not counting ones that were cancelled because of natural disasters.)

Passimian Episode got banned?! You're not serious are you? Why... what flaky reason was it this time? I mean I know Ash was borderline Ape-ish in it but still... Trying to think of what the reason might be but damn that's... WTF is up with TPC lately. Censoring a XYZ47 kiss and now this? SMH

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Passimian Episode got banned?! You're not serious are you? Why... what flaky reason was it this time? I mean I know Ash was borderline Ape-ish in it but still... Trying to think of what the reason might be but damn that's... WTF is up with TPC lately. Censoring a XYZ47 kiss and now this? SMH
It was reported that the reason why the Passimian episode was banned was because of Ash dressing up as a Passimian, which may have been seen as blackface, which was a heavily racist way of depicting African-Americans in the early 20th Century. Considering what happened with Jynx, they didn't want any more of those complaints.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well I'm glad Ash didn't catch the Passimian. Apparently Passimian's episode has been banned in English. First banned episode for a controversial reason in a long time. (Not counting ones that were cancelled because of natural disasters.)

whaaat
sigh. 2018 people are too afraid of stepping on somebody?s toes :/ Still, I suppose better safe than sorry though.

Years
whaaat
sigh. 2018 people are too afraid of stepping on somebody?s toes :/ Still, I suppose better safe than sorry though.

Imagine if Ash did catch Passimian... we would have had the next Tauros plot hole situation, since Ash caught all his Tauros in an episode that was skipped outside of Japan, where guns were to blame.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
So it evolves without learning Stomp or does it do so in that Episode? In any case, it?s a Team change for a Female cast member. Only been 64 episodes sigh...

It will most likely learn Stomp in the next episode.

Years
SPOILERS!
Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
SPOILERS!
Spoiler:

Interesting and honestly Lunala has made an appearance already, just not on its own like Solgaleo. As for Necrozma appearing means we?re heading into a Team Rocket/Necrozma arc sometime soon(when that will be, I don?t know). I mean with Mina appearing next Episode(Trial Captain of Poni) implies Ash?s final Trial should be going down soon too.

It also begs the question on when the Japanese season intends to end. Seems a bit odd that the season is still ongoing(granted XY lasted awhile).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well after the Necrozama problem, we deal with Rainbow Rocket in the games, so it will probably come after. And the Pokemon League, which has basically been confirmed by Kukui to happen in the anime.

And as I said, we might return to Kanto or another secondary region like Orange Islands. We still have a year before the next generation.

Anyways on the topic, I think the are going to handle Litten similar to how they handled Froakie. I think Torracat is going to evolve the next time it battles against Kukui's Incenaroar. Similar to how Froakie evolved with Sempai's Greninja. I know there has already been an episode with them teaming up, so I think it will be the League or something.

As for Japanese seasons, they always end near the end of the year October to December.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I don't really know what Ash will be getting for his sixth capture, if he is even getting one that is.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I don't really know what Ash will be getting for his sixth capture, if he is even getting one that is.

Based on how crazy this Anime is... how about Lunala and/or Necrozma itself? Lunala because Ash had Solgaleo for a bit and Necrozma because why the hell not? They already gave Ash one UB.... so a second wouldn?t be Farfetch?d. On a more practical and realistic Pokemon choice, I?m leaning towards a Fairy Type. Ash hasn?t caught one along with Steel and(technically) Ghost Types. As for specifically what Fairy Type, I have no idea. I?d kill for him to get an Alolan Ninetales but Lillie has one(granted that didn?t stop May from getting a Bulbasaur because Ash had one).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Based on how crazy this Anime is... how about Lunala and/or Necrozma itself? Lunala because Ash had Solgaleo for a bit and Necrozma because why the hell not? They already gave Ash one UB.... so a second wouldn?t be Farfetch?d. On a more practical and realistic Pokemon choice, I?m leaning towards a Fairy Type. Ash hasn?t caught one along with Steel and(technically) Ghost Types. As for specifically what Fairy Type, I have no idea. I?d kill for him to get an Alolan Ninetales but Lillie has one(granted that didn?t stop May from getting a Bulbasaur because Ash had one).
There's Cutiefly/Ribombee. That's the only Fairy-type line that I think suits Ash.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Possible captures for main cast,

Hello everyone. I have been watching PokeShopper lately and a few things have caught my attention. Imgur hasn't been working, so I am unable to post pictures, so instead I will link to the post on twitter.

This first one is bringing new keychains in, three of the 5 pokemon belong to Ash, Poipole, Pikachu and Torrocat. Eevee is also apart of this, but with how much Eevee attention there is right now, that is understandable. However, one is very random.

Stuffle. We know Bewear is kinda Team Rocket's, however, I am not sure we have had an episode based around Stuffle yet. This is a possible catch for Ash or anyone. However, with of prominent Bewear is, I don't see it evolving if anyone catches it.
https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/1024604859067244544

Now this brings me to my next picture I want to share. Be aware that I am not sure if this is fan art or not. I have asked the person who has posted it, but I have not yet gotten a reply.

https://twitter.com/R0h_Martins/status/1024630215883014144

Once again, most of these pokemon belong to the main cast, but once again, Stuffle is in this picture.

Other pokemon listed are as followed:

Decidueye
Incenaroar
Primirina
Kommo-o
Poipole
Dusk Lycanroc
Togedamaru
Tsareena
Mimikyu
Pikipek
Eevee
Rotom Dex
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Dugtrio
Alolan Marowak

All these pokemon belong to the main cast. However, a number of main cast pokemon are missing, Ironically most of the pokemon who are missing, have evolved forms.

That being said, I also think it is possible for a new trainer, possibly Hau to join the main cast.

What got my attention the most in the second picture is that it is copyrighted by nintendo in the bottom right corner. Tsareena is the newest pokemon in the main group and Rowlet is missing, which is extremely off because as we all thought, it is the most marketable pokemon and we didn't think it would evolve.

That being said:

Rowlet will speed evolve.
Torracat will evolve
Popplio will speed evolve.
Ash will possibly catch a Pikipek if Rowlet does evolve.

And the cast or a new character will catch Stuffle, Alolan Dugtrio, Alolan Raichu, Eevee, and Kommo-mo.

If I had to guess, Hau will join the cast and own Stuffle, Dugtrio, Raichu and Kommo-mo. And I stand by my previous prediction, Lillie will catch Eevee and eventually evolve it into Espeon to match her brother's Umbreon. This could be why Alolan Vulpix is not present. If Lillie does catch Eevee, then every main cast member is represented in some way.

I also do not think any of these pokemon will belong to Gladieon, because they don't match him.

Remember, I do not know if the second picture is real or not. However, it looks extremely official.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Possible captures for main cast,

Hello everyone. I have been watching PokeShopper lately and a few things have caught my attention. Imgur hasn't been working, so I am unable to post pictures, so instead I will link to the post on twitter.

This first one is bringing new keychains in, three of the 5 pokemon belong to Ash, Poipole, Pikachu and Torrocat. Eevee is also apart of this, but with how much Eevee attention there is right now, that is understandable. However, one is very random.

Stuffle. We know Bewear is kinda Team Rocket's, however, I am not sure we have had an episode based around Stuffle yet. This is a possible catch for Ash or anyone. However, with of prominent Bewear is, I don't see it evolving if anyone catches it.
https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/1024604859067244544

Now this brings me to my next picture I want to share. Be aware that I am not sure if this is fan art or not. I have asked the person who has posted it, but I have not yet gotten a reply.

https://twitter.com/R0h_Martins/status/1024630215883014144

Once again, most of these pokemon belong to the main cast, but once again, Stuffle is in this picture.

Other pokemon listed are as followed:

Decidueye
Incenaroar
Primirina
Kommo-o
Poipole
Dusk Lycanroc
Togedamaru
Tsareena
Mimikyu
Pikipek
Eevee
Rotom Dex
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Dugtrio
Alolan Marowak

All these pokemon belong to the main cast. However, a number of main cast pokemon are missing, Ironically most of the pokemon who are missing, have evolved forms.

That being said, I also think it is possible for a new trainer, possibly Hau to join the main cast.

What got my attention the most in the second picture is that it is copyrighted by nintendo in the bottom right corner. Tsareena is the newest pokemon in the main group and Rowlet is missing, which is extremely off because as we all thought, it is the most marketable pokemon and we didn't think it would evolve.

That being said:

Rowlet will speed evolve.
Torracat will evolve
Popplio will speed evolve.
Ash will possibly catch a Pikipek if Rowlet does evolve.

And the cast or a new character will catch Stuffle, Alolan Dugtrio, Alolan Raichu, Eevee, and Kommo-mo.

If I had to guess, Hau will join the cast and own Stuffle, Dugtrio, Raichu and Kommo-mo. And I stand by my previous prediction, Lillie will catch Eevee and eventually evolve it into Espeon to match her brother's Umbreon. This could be why Alolan Vulpix is not present. If Lillie does catch Eevee, then every main cast member is represented in some way.

I also do not think any of these pokemon will belong to Gladieon, because they don't match him.

Remember, I do not know if the second picture is real or not. However, it looks extremely official.

Pokemon Anime has had the reputation of shifting to the latest game in the series. They did so with Emerald back in Generation 3 and Battle Frontier, not so much in Generation 4(but you can provide evidence to the contrary), Roxie with Black2/White2 in Unova so there's precedence of them shifting to the latest game or in Alola's case UltraSun/UltraMoon. That would mean UltraBeasts(which they're nearly done doing cameo's on) and Hau joining in at some point. When that will be who knows but it might happen prior to Ash's Poni Trial or not long after he completes it since Mina is debuting tomorrow or sometime soon in Japan.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Imgur may be working once more, so let me see if I can post these.

Edit: Aye, Imgur is working now so if you do not wish to click on the twitter links, here is the two picture I am talking about.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Edit 2: The person on twitter, has said it is official art work. I believe he runs one of the Pokeshoppers which has been known to give secrets before. I guess we will find out in time.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Something tells me that if Hau does join the scene in Sun&Moon, his partner will be an Eevee like Ilima to promote Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee. Ash has Pikachu so Hau will likely have Eevee(hence explaining Eevee there). Then Hau will have Alolan Raichu(he does in the games), Alolan Dugtrio, Kommo-o, Mimikyu and Stufful.

Ash's Rowlet will evolve to Decidueye(finally), prompting Ash to get a Flying Type in Pikipek(for some bizarre reason he has to have a Flying Type), Torracat will ultimately evolve into Incineroar and Lana's Popplio will match Mallow's Tsareena and fully evolve into Primarina. Then you see Kiawe's Alolan Marowak and Sophacles' Togademaru but no sign of anything from Lillie. That tells me that Lillie won't be in the next Sun&Moon series, hence something is going to happen that will cause her character to depart.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Something tells me that if Hau does join the scene in Sun&Moon, his partner will be an Eevee like Ilima to promote Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee. Ash has Pikachu so Hau will likely have Eevee(hence explaining Eevee there). Then Hau will have Alolan Raichu(he does in the games), Alolan Dugtrio, Kommo-o, Mimikyu and Stufful.

Ash's Rowlet will evolve to Decidueye(finally), prompting Ash to get a Flying Type in Pikipek(for some bizarre reason he has to have a Flying Type), Torracat will ultimately evolve into Incineroar and Lana's Popplio will match Mallow's Tsareena and fully evolve into Primarina. Then you see Kiawe's Alolan Marowak and Sophacles' Togademaru but no sign of anything from Lillie. That tells me that Lillie won't be in the next Sun&Moon series, hence something is going to happen that will cause her character to depart.
I don't think that Ash is getting Pikipek. If he was getting it, then they wouldn't have had Rowlet come from a family full of them, plus the two evolutions.

Years
I don't think that Ash is getting Pikipek. If he was getting it, then they wouldn't have had Rowlet come from a family full of them, plus the two evolutions.

You are right. It's because Rowlet is filling the role of both a Grass-type starter and a regional bird.

Back