• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Zarkhram Version

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
BETA: Pokémon: Zarkhram Version

GlU5qtn.png

www.pokemonzv.tk
Indiedb
Engine: Pokémon Essentials
Game developed by Peaverin

Introduction:
Well... I started this project like three months ago, but with other engine. Then I left it and one month ago decided to start again, but with Pokémon Essentials. I'm trying to work hard, but I don't have much time. Anyway, I think I'm gonna finnish it, or at least present a 2h demo.

Plot:
In your adventure throught the new Zarkhram Region, you have to find out what is the origin of the strange events that are happening around the region. You'll discover that Giovanni, the Team Rocket's leader is preparing again a plan to chase Mewtwo (like in the film). You try to stop it while you challenge the gym leaders to get acces to the Zarkhram's Tournament.
But you're not sure of what Giovanni's plans are, and you're not sure if he's planning to caught other legendary Pokémon.
In your adventure, you'll face many legendary Pokémon and you'll discover new exciting areas, while facing very interesting and sometimes hard challenges.
I'm not writting a long plot because I want the player to discover the story by himself, and I don't want to spoil any revelant information about the game.

Features:
-A new Region: Zarkhram
-Fight against Team Rocket, like in old times, and try to unlock the acces to the secret team rocket bases.
-Receive the help of Mew at certain points of the game
-Get together with your friend Viktor and explore some exclusive double battle zones.
-Some new forms of Mewtwo, like the Mega Mewtwo or the armored Mewtwo.
-A lots of scenes so you'll live the game!

Progress Report:
At the moment the game duration is about 45min or more if you want to explore and catch the pokémon of some accesable zones.

Screenshots/videos:
ctmj8KV.png

JHwJTmw.png

KdcuFMC.png
hRJZYa9.png
O8ylRcG.png

7g4g56b.png
R9ydMW7.png
6KNlUdf.png
xiKPcgg.png
pHcOqOK.png
0LCxBES.png

Title Screen video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fdOz5z4aJ0

New Pause Menu video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwkhdGU7EPg

Beta Demo:
This beta demo is only available for the Pokécommunity Members!
Keep in mind that this is only a very early beta (about 50min duration).
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9436ojdp36ma29p/Pkmn_Zarkhram_Beta_Installer.exe
Password: beta1xd
Note: If you have some problems while catching some Pokémon, report them please. Note also that it may spend some time loading when you heal your pokémon, start a fight or catch a Pokémon every first time you open the game (when you open the game, the first time it spends some time loading, but then it doesn't spend more time loading, this happens every time you open the game).

Known Bugs:
There are more bugs that have been fixed and don't appear on the list. They'll appear fixed on the next release.
Code:
-In some computers, the game crashes while trying to catch certain Pokémon. This is maybe because of the use of any engine to speed up the game. If you don't speed up the game speed, you shouldn't have any problems.

Credits:
Poccil
Flameguru
Maruno
FL
Cidiomar
carmaniac
Zeriab
Pia Carrot
lauerolus
Nickalooose
Alexandre
Geniwarrior8
Leaser: Zarkhram Title
Flagge
Peaverin(me)
(I think I don't miss anyone)​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Beta available!
Please comment something about the beta or at least give some feedback, I would like to read some opinions :)

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
I visited your website (which looks nice by the way), and noticed that you're accepting donations. I would highly advise taking that down, since the chances of Nintendo swooping in to cancel your project increase exponentially when money is involved.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
What's the password for the file?
Sorry, forgot to put the pass.
Password: beta1xd

I visited your website (which looks nice by the way), and noticed that you're accepting donations. I would highly advise taking that down, since the chances of Nintendo swooping in to cancel your project increase exponentially when money is involved.
I can't edit the page at the moment but I'll quit donations when I officially release the game for downlaod at the page.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
It looks like you're using my location window script and have not credited me for it.
Looking over the thread, there's not much here that really gives that wow factor where the user wants to play the game because it is an original concept of it's own. I feel as if it's just like any other fan game out there. What I'd like to know is what are you doing that makes it different to others out there?
- New systems?
- New graphics style?
- A storyline that will submerse the player into the game?

Just a few questions I'd like to know.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
It looks like you're using my location window script and have not credited me for it.
Looking over the thread, there's not much here that really gives that wow factor where the user wants to play the game because it is an original concept of it's own. I feel as if it's just like any other fan game out there. What I'd like to know is what are you doing that makes it different to others out there?
- New systems?
- New graphics style?
- A storyline that will submerse the player into the game?

Just a few questions I'd like to know.
Oh, sorry, I have to add you to the credits list...
Well... No new systems at the moment, and no new graphics style, but I'm working hard with the events in order to create nice escenes.
I'm sure your game is probably better than mine, but I'm working alone (with the help of PokéCommunity, but I don't know anything about graphism so I can not do anything with that, and the same with scripting), and I'm not creating my game with the purpose of being the best fan made game, I'm just creating it because I have fun and I learn things, and I want people to enjoy the game.
I'm sure if you play this game you'll have fun, like, as you said, any other fan game out there.
Anyways you should play the demo and then you'll know if it's a good game or a bad game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hey,
finished the beta was pretty fun.Liked most things. The intro was good.The starter where awesome. The graphics are everall good and the starter village gives this nice friendly feeling "We love pokemon".

Here some bugs or annoying things(since some things would be spoiler):
Spoiler:

PS. Are there pokemon which need trade for evolution with an alternative like lvl or stone?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Hey,
finished the beta was pretty fun.Liked most things. The intro was good.The starter where awesome. The graphics are everall good and the starter village gives this nice friendly feeling "We love pokemon".

Here some bugs or annoying things(since some things would be spoiler):
Spoiler:

PS. Are there pokemon which need trade for evolution with an alternative like lvl or stone?
There will be the alexander's online system in the future, so you'll be able to change Pokémon with other players.
Some questions about the bugs:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
well heres the answer to your questens:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
well heres the answer to your questens:
Spoiler:
Okay, the answers:
Spoiler:

Thank you again, flagge. I'll add you to the credit list as a bugs reporter.

Back