• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
You think that Onix seems like a pain? I already did Ditto and Magikarp AND Abra. I tried to do all the hardest ones first. I'm just going in whatever order I feel. Pretty much looking at the Pokedex and picking whatever one sounds fun at that moment in time.

For Magikarp and similar, how did you beat Ghosts? Or did you just hack on Bubble or something if they ever came up?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
By the way Syd, what happened to the MOTY thread?

Results are posted in Other Voting Polls. It's at the bottom of PC btw. I know some of you guys probably don't scroll past Challenges, hehe. :P

Congrats to all the winners btw!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
New Year's Resolutions? Getting my butt back into gear and picking up where I left off challenge-wise.

a lot of you probably don't remember me but yes hello
Hi there, I don't actually know you, since I only started being really active in Challenges recently, but I have seen some of your work looking through old threads. You got some nice stuff! :)

I'm doing a Solo Challenge for Gallade myself right now, cause I noticed no one else had done that one on the list (though the list is a little out-dated) and it seemed like a fun choice.

SwabluNest sure is dead...

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
For Magikarp and similar, how did you beat Ghosts? Or did you just hack on Bubble or something if they ever came up?
Yeah, for Magikarp I had to hack on Bubble. I only kept it on for the battles I needed it for, though, since there was literally no other method of defeating some Pokemon. I can't remember if I had to hack any moves for similar situations on anything else, it's been quite a while.

Hi there, I don't actually know you, since I only started being really active in Challenges recently, but I have seen some of your work looking through old threads. You got some nice stuff! :)

I'm doing a Solo Challenge for Gallade myself right now, cause I noticed no one else had done that one on the list (though the list is a little out-dated) and it seemed like a fun choice.

SwabluNest sure is dead...
Thanks, and (I'm probably a little late on this but) welcome to the swablu nest Challenge forum. C:

Are you going ultimate for your solo challenge, or just doing one game?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yeah, for Magikarp I had to hack on Bubble. I only kept it on for the battles I needed it for, though, since there was literally no other method of defeating some Pokemon. I can't remember if I had to hack any moves for similar situations on anything else, it's been quite a while.

I suppose it's fitting also, as iicr, there was an event Magikarp in Gen II that had Bubble.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

Thanks, and (I'm probably a little late on this but) welcome to the swablu nest Challenge forum. C:

Are you going ultimate for your solo challenge, or just doing one game?
I'm just doing Single. I don't really want to do any Ultimate challenges outside Monotype. It seems more fun doing Single Solo. I'm thinking about doing Blaziken on Ruby next. But that's a ways down the road...

I'm currently working on a Challenge to post that features Legendary Pokemon at the moment, since there are very few challenges that allow them (and with good reason). But they're fun to use so I figured I would make a challenge that makes using them more difficult while allowing you to play with some of the most powerful Pokemon in the series.

Enigma

Years
I suppose it's fitting also, as iicr, there was an event Magikarp in Gen II that had Bubble.
Magikarp actually wasn't as bad as I had imagined, I think Abra actually might have annoyed me the most because it was getting OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by a lot of things until it got a decent STAB move.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Results are posted in Other Voting Polls. It's at the bottom of PC btw. I know some of you guys probably don't scroll past Challenges, hehe. :P

Congrats to all the winners btw!
Thanks. I actually hardly ever go to the main page at all, my bookmark is on the Challenge page :D.

So here are the Challenge Results for those who don't feel like going over there:

Challenges

Most Creative Challenges: LaureTheLoner (8)
Challenge Chugger: Myrrhman (5)
Monotype Obsessed: jdthebud (5)
Nuzlocke Obsessed: Zaroas (5)
Challenge of the Year: jdthebud's Monocolor Challenge (4)
Swabiest Swablu: jdthebud (5)

I feel honored, you guys. Thanks for voting for me!

Also, some poll winner/runner-ups featuring challenge regulars in the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Here is a link to the full thread.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Congrats, birds. <3 :) I'm so proud of all of you! If we do the same set up as last year though, I hope more people vote in the GPGD category. There were 4 people that voted, hence why there's two unanimous winners and two tied categories.

New year resolution should be for me to make #swablunest more active. XD

Enigma

Years
Thanks. I actually hardly ever go to the main page at all, my bookmark is on the Challenge page :D.

So here are the Challenge Results for those who don't feel like going over there:

Challenges

Most Creative Challenges: LaureTheLoner (8)
Challenge Chugger: Myrrhman (5)
Monotype Obsessed: jdthebud (5)
Nuzlocke Obsessed: Zaroas (5)
Challenge of the Year: jdthebud's Monocolor Challenge (4)
Swabiest Swablu: jdthebud (5)

I feel honored, you guys. Thanks for voting for me!

Also, some poll winner/runner-ups featuring challenge regulars in the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Here is a link to the full thread.
Congrats to all the winners, you guys certainly deserve it. I'm gonna try to make 2013 a better challenge year for myself, so maybe I'll be on par one day. probably not but eh

11wildy

Me!
Years
I'm already pleased I got a single nomination for the challenge forum;$. Thanks Syd! :'D And congrats on all your places for best member. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Too many challenges I wanna do guys! Not nearly enough games to do em on. D:

1. Legendary Trio Challenge: I have my claim on this one and will be running it myself as soon as I get a game to play on. Maybe an emulator or something. Pretty straight forward, you play the game using only 3 legendary Pokemon for your team. This means that you will be severely handicapped in regards to typing, and all your Pokemon will be running the highest experience curve. Hacking is required in most circumstances, although there are exceptions with low level legendary Pokemon, like HGSS Creation trio mons, or events at lvl 15 or under.

2. Egg Group Challenge: This should be pretty self explanatory. I have seen a couple of really old threads out there for this challenge, and I think it would be really interesting.

3. Lost In Translation: This is another I really want to run myself, but I wouldn't care if someone started it before me. Basic concept is, you play through a foreign region game of a language that you don't speak, without the help of the internet to guide you.

Years
Turns out there are 14 Zodiac signs instead of the 12 we grew up with. These two extra signs are Cetus: The whale, and Ophiochus: the snake bearer. Now I feel I need to include these two into my Zodiac challenge.

Enigma

Years
Too many challenges I wanna do guys! Not nearly enough games to do em on. D:

1. Legendary Trio Challenge: I have my claim on this one and will be running it myself as soon as I get a game to play on. Maybe an emulator or something. Pretty straight forward, you play the game using only 3 legendary Pokemon for your team. This means that you will be severely handicapped in regards to typing, and all your Pokemon will be running the highest experience curve. Hacking is required in most circumstances, although there are exceptions with low level legendary Pokemon, like HGSS Creation trio mons, or events at lvl 15 or under.

2. Egg Group Challenge: This should be pretty self explanatory. I have seen a couple of really old threads out there for this challenge, and I think it would be really interesting.

3. Lost In Translation: This is another I really want to run myself, but I wouldn't care if someone started it before me. Basic concept is, you play through a foreign region game of a language that you don't speak, without the help of the internet to guide you.
All three sound excellent, I have a feeling that I'll get addicted to the Egg Group challenge and want to do every egg group or something ridiculous. :P

11wildy

Me!
Years
I kind of only do challenges if I can combine them with a monotype, or when they are INSANELY difficult. So I kind of want to do a Ruby/Sapphire run with NO Pokecenter/Market. I could use some advice for it...

What starter should I use? Mudkip kills most of the game by itself, but I don't know if it learns enough TMs to keep up with PP. Blaziken has a few problems on the way, mainly 6th and 8th gym, but learns more offensive TMs as well as getting better super effective coverage. And Blaziken KILLS the E4.

Apart from that, should I use Groudon or Kyogre? I cannot grind, since it will cost too much pp and hp, thus the legendaries seem like a solid choice, since they are strong and high leveled. Kyogre can help Swampert with the 8th gym with Thunder(bolt), while Groudon can be a great help in the E4, or a Blaziken supporter in general. I wouldn't mind running Groudon+Swampert or Kyogre+Blaziken though, if that gives better coverage.

Any help? :)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I kind of only do challenges if I can combine them with a monotype, or when they are INSANELY difficult. So I kind of want to do a Ruby/Sapphire run with NO Pokecenter/Market. I could use some advice for it...

What starter should I use? Mudkip kills most of the game by itself, but I don't know if it learns enough TMs to keep up with PP. Blaziken has a few problems on the way, mainly 6th and 8th gym, but learns more offensive TMs as well as getting better super effective coverage. And Blaziken KILLS the E4.

Apart from that, should I use Groudon or Kyogre? I cannot grind, since it will cost too much pp and hp, thus the legendaries seem like a solid choice, since they are strong and high leveled. Kyogre can help Swampert with the 8th gym with Thunder(bolt), while Groudon can be a great help in the E4, or a Blaziken supporter in general. I wouldn't mind running Groudon+Swampert or Kyogre+Blaziken though, if that gives better coverage.

those leppa berries will come in handy, as will the various ethers on the ground.

go with kyogre, and give it shock wave first maybe to save on PP.

Blaziken will also have trouble with the 7th gym, although you could also skip the 6th gym and beat Winona with Kyogre later, since Fly isn't essential to get around.

I think Swampert should be fine though, there are enough pp items to help you out.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

Just thought I'd mention that if your using this combined with a monotype, that legendary pokemon are forbidden by the monotype challenge rules. So you would either have to keep it as a personal run, or if you want to post updates and be recognized, you'll have to not use kyogre or groudon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back