• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"lol"

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
"brb" "lol" yes I use them all the time haha

Nobody really thinks I'm weird for doing it anymore, either, which is even more amusing.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Nine times out of ten, I don't cause I consider internet slang to be just that: meant for the internet.

Very rarely will I utter "lol" or, more likely, "brb". Usually cause I'm not thinking straight. :I

Years
I don't use them in real life, except for brb. I will say brb, but usually nothing other than that in abbreviated form. I have said stuff like "lol" irl in the past, but myself and others around me thought it sounded awkward lmao

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nope. It gets on my nerves when people shorten words offline just out of laziness, so I certainly would never use an abbreviation.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
The one i do use always is lol other than that i might use "ftw,btw,atm,Mfw,Ikr,Irl,FYI " shorts for the main sentences! not always though

Sirfetch’d

I use lol, gtg, bbs, bbl, and a few others quite frequently.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I use the term "brb" a lot more often than any other. If you ask the people I skype, they will confirm that yes, I do say it too much. xD

All others, not really.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'll use GG right before I win a game against my friends, but only because it's extremely arrogant and it riles them up. Aside from that, I've never used an internet abbreviation even accidentally. I don't use them too much online so there hasn't been a chance for them to slip into my speech patterns.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Internet slang and abbreviations are an addaption to typing so as to increase it's speed.
I personally do not use texting and internet jargon in real life, and rarely so on the internet.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Not really often. I do say "brb" sometimes offline but that's really the only one I say in real life. Saying any of the other abbreviations off the internet is just annoying or pointless to me.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
They're internet abbreviations for a reason though, so I suppose they stick to the internet. I don't think I ever talk using internet abbreviations, I just say the word fully and when I'd use lol on the internet in a conversation, I'd just laugh instead. Although I have been tempted to use them sometimes, since one of my friends have drilled them into my head almost, by saying "lol" quite a bit in real life. XD

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
As in...spoken words???? "Bee ah bee!!!!" "Lol!!!"
Lord, no.
To me, that's just.... embarrassing. Keep the cyber lingo to the cyber world, thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
My boyfriend and I jokingly and privately use internet slang to illustrate how ridiculous or insignificant a situation is to one another, but I never use any kind of internet talk outside of that.

I'm paying too much for college to just fall into laziness beyond the keyboard, you know? :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I don't even use them online, at least I try to. I'm more like the guy who wants to give information at its fullest so everyone can understand what I'm saying.

Also offline I'm a very calm person, so I don't usually talk to much. ^^"

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
No I do not use chat speak when I am talking to people offline. It annoys me when people use them when talking as it is only for when online.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Gosh no! It kind of annoys me when people do use them to be honest, if you have to say "lol" then it's obviously not true (that, or they just think your IQ is low enough not to register someone laughing) and it just seems kind of lazy to me. I know they're not usually intended to mean exactly what they say, but I can't help taking them in that context so I don't like hearing them haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I don't even use those words on the internet...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
No I don't, I don't like those slang terms, never use them myself. if I don't use them online I won't use them in the real world. Most of the time I have to search on google to find out what the slang terms even mean.

Back