• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Toxicroak or Drapion?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 9, 2018
I am currently running a platinum playthrough, and just found out that you Can get both Crogunk and Skorpi without going to the safari zone! Though i'm a bit comfused, as to who I should choose. Could you guys help me?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Both are fairly solid choices. Looking forward to the elite 4, Drapion may prove a superior choice, as it gives you something that can tear through Lucian's team, whereas Toxicroak stands no chance against Lucian's team. Drapion also has better defenses, so it can Poison some of Cynthia's Pokemon which can be hard to take down.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I prefer Drapion myself. I like its design more than Toxicroak's, and Toxicroak has 3 weaknesses while Drapion has only 1.

Years
I'm more of a drapion person since i find his typing and moveset to be more usefull than that of Toxicroak (he can learn all of the elemental fangs but you gotta use a move reminder for it)

he also can take more hits than Toxicroak.

Years
I mean Drapion is practically better but I love Croagunk and Toxicroak so I often go for them.

Years
Like the others said, Drapion is the better choice of the two thanks to less weaknesses and also having better abilities than Toxicroak. Drapion also gets a lot of powerful moves through TMs (such as Earthquake) and it has the defenses to survive a lot of the game as well.

Toxicroak unfortunately gets outclassed by other Fighting-types, like Heracross or Lucario.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'd go with drapion. I like the larger, more intimidating looking pokemon. And I was lucky enough to catch a shiny skorupi as one of only 3 shinies I've randomly encountered!

Back