• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
And Zanny77, I've moved you to the Sinnoh group. ^_^

Sweet.

Guess what? Progress!

....Entered Platinum (yea, so I changed my mind...)

Named self "Dan!!!!"

Named rival "Nipples"

Recieved Chimchar lvl. 5 ("Copper?!?!")

Caught Starly lvl. 2 ("Fly Slave?")

Defeated all trainers in Oreburgh Gym

Copper?!?! evolved!

Beat Roark

In Oreburgh Mine

Caught Geodude lvl. 5 ("SmashSlave")

Got through Eterna Forest

Went onto Route East of Eterna

Caught Machop lvl. 14 ("Reference?") and Meditite lvl. 14 ("Stupid SoB")

Beat all trainers in Eterna Gym and Gardenia

Caught Budew lvl. 14 ("Cut Slave?")

Beat Team Galactic event in Eterna City

Recieved Egg

....Saved.

POKEMON:
Spr_4p_391.png
Copper?!?! lvl. 27
HI: NOTHING!!!!!!
Mach Punch
Flame Wheel
Stealth Rock
Fury Swipes

Spr_4d_066.png
Reference? lvl. 20
Foresight
Seismic Toss
Leer
Karate Chop

Spr_4p_307_m.png
Stupid SoB lvl. 18
Meditate
Confusion
Hidden Power
Detect

BOX:
(Starly) Fly Slave? lvl. 2
(Geodude) SmashSlave lvl. 5
(Budew) Cut Slave? lvl. 14
(Egg)

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
XRevolution's Poison Monotype Challenge
Blog #1

Starting off

After deciding on a name for myself(Isn't that a bit weird or is it just me....) and my Rival (Again weird...) I, Zeke started off my adventure using a team of only poison begun with my starter Terra, a Bulbasaur so yeah....blah blah blah I lose against my Rival (Which realy pissed me off) so as I went to get the parcel I level grinned a bit until Terra was at level 8. Then after getting the parcel I ran around until I caught the two Nidorans and level grinned some more until they were near level 10 then went against Gary for more leveling and revenge (Mostly revenge) and won.

Then I made it through the Forest without any difficulties and made it to Pewter City to challenge the gym and swept it with my Bulbasaur and well here I am now at the base of Mount. Moon and this is going well for now, to my surprise.

Current Team:

Terra/Ivysaur
Lv. 17
Attacks:
- Vine Whip
- Tackle
- Growl
- Leech Seed
Highest Stat: Special 39
Lowest Stat: Speed 32

Club/Beedrill
Lv.12
Attacks:
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Fury Attack
Highest Stat: Attack 25
Lowest Stat: Defence & Speed 18

Spade/Nidorino
Lv.16
Attacks:
- Tackle
- Leer
- Horn Attack
- Poison Sting
Highest Stat: Attack 33
Lowest Stat: Defence 26

Heart/Nidorina
lv.16
Attacks:
- Tackle
- Growl
- Scratch
- Poison Sting
Highest Stat: Defence 30
Lowest Stat: Speed & Special 25

Diamond/Zubat
lv.6
Attacks:
- Leech Life
Highest Stat: Speed 12
Lowest Stat: Defence & Special 10

Last edited:

Translator

I want a blog.
Years
First Update:

GETTING STARTED

- named my character Peter.
- named my rival Gary.
- chose Bulbasaur as my starter.
- went to Viridian City.
- obtained the Parcel for Prof. Oak.
- delivered the Parcel.
- obtained the Pokedex.
- captured Pidgey and Rattata in Route 1.
- went to Viridian City.
- obtained the Teachy TV.
- battled Gary and won.

ROCK HARD BROCK
-
entered the Viridian Forest.
- battled the trainers along the way.
- reached Pewter City.
- trained Pidgey and Rattata.
- battled Brock and won.
- obtained the Running Shoes.
- went to Route 3 and battled all the trainers.
- reached Route 4.

SPLASHING MISTY

- entered Mt. Moon.
- battled the trainers along the way including the Team Rocket Grunts.
- searched for a Clefairy but didn't find one.
- obtained the Dome Fossil.
- reached the other side of Route 4.
- reached Cerulean City.
- battled Misty and won.
- went to the Nugget Bridge and continued until I reached Bill's Sea Cottage.
- obtained the S.S. Ticket from Bill.

ELECTRIFYING LT. SURGE.
- reached Vermilion City.
- entered the S.S. Anne.
- obtained HM 01 (Cut).
- caught some Pokemon for the Pokedex Data.
- went to Route 11 and battled all the trainers.
- entered the Vermilion Gym and battled Lt. Surge.
- beat Lt. Surge and obtained the Thunder Badge.

Party Pokemon:

Pidgeotto
Rattata
Bulbasaur (HM Slave)

That's all for now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Something Psychic This Way Comes!

Well, I´m going to start...

First of all: I found this Ultimative Challenge two days after completing the R/B Monotype Challenge and got really depressed... ^^" I´m very glad that Alakazam17 allowed me not only to take part on this challenge, but also to start conductive with the Gold Edition in Johto. Thank you for this!

So I start with a review of my team that I used in Kanto in the Blue Edition. And for the ones which couldn´t assume what type I´ve chosen: It´s Psychic, of course!

My team on the end of Blue Edition, just after beating Mewtwo, was this:
1. Nurvent (Starmie, Lv.52): Thunderbolt, Surf, Blizzard, Recover
2. Marcel (Mr. Mime, Lv.51): Confusion, Substitute, Light Screen, Mimic
3. Sethur (Hypno, Lv.51): Headbutt, Hypnosis, Dreameater, Psychic
4. Kayvaan (Slowbro, Lv.51): Confusion, Amnesia, Bodyslam, Bubble Beam
5. Echelon (Exeggcutor, Lv.51): Leech Seed, Stun spore, mega Drain, Psychic
6. Maleval (Kadabra*, Lv.51): Teleport, Psywave, Recover, Psychic (My first Pokemon of Psychic and my Captain, too.)

Time: 21:06
Pokedex: 56
Badges: 8

[* I didn´t evolve Kadabra for some reasons. Who wants to know what these reasons are, could contact me with a PM.]

Conclusion: Well, it was incredible easy, for some reasons. Psychic was just the very best you could get on RBY. No weaknesses (only two Pokemon with Bug attacks and no hurting Ghost attacks) and only one type which resists to psychic attacks - Psychic itself. With Exeggcutor and Alakazam two of the best Special attackers belonged to this type. Alakazam was the fastest special attacker too. Five of seven Psychic Pokemon where OverUsed in BRY Competive Play (Starmie, Alakazam, Exeggcutor, Slowbro, Jynx).
Psychic as a monoteam challenge profits from this benefits. You have a great type coverage with attacks of plant, psychic (of course), fire, water, electric, normal and ice. Whereas a fire Pokemon usually only learns fire or normal attacks, Starmie, for example, can learn electic, water, ice, psychic and normal moves, which makes it incredible great. It gets better with its high speed and great special stat. Indeed, Nurvent (Starmie) was, although it was the last Pokemon I caught for my team, my best fighter, on the side of Echelon (Exeggcutor). These two defeated the hardest enemies in the game and take down every probably dangerous Pokemon, for example the two Gyarados´ on the Indigo Plateau. No trainer in the game could whitstand my team, although it was limited to one main type - Psychic. That amazed me really.
It was just more surprising HOW EASY I could get Mewtwo down. I use to give all my final teams a last quest by defeating Mewtwo (defeat, not catch!) and usually I need about ten minutes and lost many Pokemon (I need several round to heal them while stalling Mewtwo usually). This time, I need two Pokemon - Exeggcutor and Slowbro - and downed it in about one and a half minute, loosing none of my Pokemon.
[I use Leech Seed and Stun spore, than changed to Slowbro, who was using Amnesia three times and then Bubble Beamed Mewtwo to hell...]
That really shocked me. I know already Psychic Pokemon where strong, but THAT strong... it nearly was overpowering, I guess. Well, Psychic is my favourite type, so I don´t have a moan about it.

Let´s see if this is going to be as easy on the next challenge - Johto (Gold Edition)!
I guess I pick one or two new Pokemon in my team. Let´s see what will happen...
I´m going to write an update soon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
XRevoution's Poison Monotype Challenge
Blog # 2​

Warning!Warning!Massive Progress Comming!Warning!Warning!

From my last update I have made LARGE progress now I am at....the last gym yeah.. Red is much faster to beat in my opinion with one pokemon with a super effective attack and you can sweep a whole gym so yeah will mod this post when I defeat the gym not really much else to put.​

Current Team:

Club/Tentacrewl
Lv.40
Attacks:
- Blizzard
- Supersonic
- Surf
- Barrier
Best Stat: Special - 119

Spade/Nidoking
lv.42
Attacks:
- Thrash
- Earthquake
- Horn Dril
- Strength
Best Stat: Attack - 107

Joker/Haunter
lv.40
Attacks:
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Confuse Ray
- Psychic
Best Stat: Special - 111

Heart/Nidoqueen
Lv.39
Attacks:
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Bubblebeam
- Thunder Bolt
Best Stat: Defence - 87

Terra/Venasaur
lv.40
- Razor Leaf
- Cut
- Poison Powder
- Megadrain
Best Stat: Special 98

Diamond/Golbat
lv.37
Attacks:
- Bite
- Confuse Ray
- Razor Wind
- Wing Attack
Best Stat: Speed - 84

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Well, I started on Tuesday, at 19:59, playing the Gold Edition of the GSC series to make my way through Johto. I named my character "Wyyrlok" - the same name my character of the R/B MC had. In fact, he´s the same one. xD

- choosed Chikorita
- reached Cherrygrove City, got the Egg from Mr. Pokemon and the Dex from Oak (Chikorita´s on Lv.8)
-fought and won against my rival (Chikorita reached Lv.9)
-named my rival "Silver" and started my journey (my mother saved money for me) xp
-caught Spinarek, Rattata and Hoothoot on Route 30 and deposed them in the PC (Chikorita Lv.10)
-reached Violet City (Chikorita Lv.12), bought 10 Pokeballs and trained a bit on Route 31 (Chikorita Lv.14); caught a Bellsprout
caught 5 Unowns in the Ruins of Alph (forms "F", "G", "A". "I", "B") and trained them on Route 31.

[Unown "I" - Hidden Power Electric
Unown "G" - Hidden Power Fire
Unown "B" - Hidden Power Bug
Unown "F" - Hidden Power Ground]

-caught Caterpie and Pidgey on Route 31 and Sentret on Route 29
-challenged Falkner and won ("G" and "I" both are on Lv.9 now)
-cause it´s Thursday today, I got a Hard Stone
-I got the Egg from Elm´s assistent and placed it in the PC
-went through Route 32 and Union Cage and Route 33 and avoided most of the trainers to deal with them later
-reached Azalea Town and talked to Kurt
-caught a Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well, named it "Kasura"

- ...l Kasura l... (Slowpoke (w); Lv.8) Curse, Tackle, Growl

-trained it in Slowpoke Well and went back to Violet City; i defeated all the trainers on Rotes 32 and 33, Union Cage and Sprout Tower; won HM05
-caught Geodude and Wooper
-back in Slowpoke Well, I defeated Team Rocket and, after that, my rival Silver
-challenged Bugsy and won, thanks to Slowpoke´s Curse; got the second Badge
-saved the game

Current team:
- ...l Kasura l... (Slowpoke (w); Lv.23) Curse, Tackle, Confusion, Water Gun
(I don´t use the Unowns any longer in battle, so I don´t add them here.)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I'm done, but I decided not to record the final 5 gyms and the elite 4, ._. was too much hassle with the DS.

I also removed all past gym battles from youtube, as people are starting to get banned for pokemon stuff... lol.

Finished with all my pokemon at 65, except Heracross, who was 68 :D

Bug Type Challenge Complete~

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Well, it was a busy weekend still now for my Game Boy, so there is much to tell.

-got the Poison Barb on Route 32, caught a Tentacool and a Poliwag and a Hophip (I know I don´t need to, but it feels right to catch as many as possible...)
-went into Ilex Forest, found Farfetch´d and got HM01 (teached it to Sentret); TM02 headbutt was for Kasura
-headbutted some trees; caught an Exeggcute (w) Lv.10 and named it "Sindri"
-caught a Drowzee (m) Lv.10 ("Sethur") on Route 34 and an Abra (m) Lv.10 ("Maleval") - these two finally got the same names as their counterparts on B/R, which mades me quite happy... =)
-won against the trainers on Route 34; reached Goldenrod City
-bought TM 48 Fire Punch and teached it to Sethur; got Bills Phone number; won against the trainers on the Underground Path; got the Coin Case, the Bicycle and the radio for the PokeGear
-challenged all trainers on the Routes 35 and 36 and in the National Park; Maleval evolved into Kadabra
-went back to Goldenrod City; challenged Whitney and won without problems (which really surprised me, because usually Miltank gives me a hard time); got the Squirtbottle; teached TM Thunder Punch to Maleval

Team Update:
- ...l Sindri l... (Exeggcute (w), Lv.17) Barrage, Hypnosis, Reflect, Leech Seed
- ...l Sethur l... (Drowzee (m), Lv. 17) Pound, Hypnosis, Disable, Fire Punch
- ...l Maleval l... (Kadabra (m), Lv. 20) Teleport, Confusion, Disable, Thunder Punch
- ...l Kasura l... (Slowpoke (w), Lv. 24) Curse, Headbutt, Confusion, Water Gun

-won the Bug-catching Contest with a Scyther
- defeated Sudowoodo; caught a Stantler
-reached Ecruteak City (my favourite town... definitely!); defeated the girls in the dance theater and got HM03
-went nto the burned tower and defeated Silver
-challenged Morty and won the Fog badge
-Sentret learned Surf as well (poor thing)
-went trough Union Cave to the hidden entrance to thr Ruins of Alph, caught a Natu (m) Lv.20 "Laehydre"

Update:
- ...l Sethur l... (Drwozee (m), Lv.20) Pound, Hypnosis, Confusion, Fire Punch
- ...l Laehydre l... (Natu (m), Lv.20) Peck, Leer, Teleport, Night Shade
- ...l Sindri l... (Exeggcute (w), Lv.24) Confusion, Hypnosis, Reflect, Leech Seed
- ...l Maleval l... (Kadabra (m), Lv.26) Teleport, Psy beam, Recover, Thunder Punch
- ...l Kasura l... (Slowpoke (w), Lv.26) Curse, Headbutt, Confusion, Water Gun

-made my way through Routes 38 and 39, won against all trainers, cuaght a Miltank and cured the ill one on the farm
- Olivine Town: got the good rod and HM04; caught a Krabby and abused it as my new Hm-slave (Surf, Strenght, Cut, Rock Smash)
-went back to Azalea Town, got the King´s Rock out of Slowpoke Well
-went into the Pokemon Center, saved the game.

---over and out--- *

*[For that day, of course... ;)]

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Congrats on making it to the end, Myzou! :D

Banning for Pokemon stuff? O_O

Maybe I should delete my own videos if that is the case....

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Well... I could need a commendation for my second update on the same day... ^^

-I traded my Kasura (holding King´s stone) and Maleval to my Crstal edition... and got back a Slowking and a Simsala. Kasura learned Ice Punch then, and Fire Punch was for Maleval.

I NEVER had a Slowking before. Although I always wished to have one. How incredible cute... ^_^

[Well, the rules say it´s allowed to trade for evolution purposes, so I think this was legal...]

-went to Ecruteak City and released the three beast Pokemon of the Burned tower
-went to the Lighthouse and fought against the trainers - Sethur evolved into Hypno and Laehydre evolved into Xatu. I really was suprised how fast this bird evolved, already on Lv.25... oO
-visited the ill Pokemon. Poor thing...
-surfed on Route 40 and 41 to Cianwood City; the trainers were used as punching bags...
-I got the Heal potion and challenged Chuck... well, psychic against fighting... A reference to the glorious victory of my mistress, Sabrina (if somebody cannot remember: she defeated the leader of the fighting gym in Saffron city to make her own gym the official one). I had my fun while doing this.
-got HM02 and teached it to Laehydre (Xatu)
-flew back to Olivine City and gave the Potion to Jasmine - she cured Amphi, and everyone was happy...
-challenged Jasmine; that was harder than expected... Maleval one-hit-KOed the Magnemites, but Steelix does this as well to Maleval... ^^" - and she used Hyper potions. Well. Sethur knowed Fire Punch as well, so her Badge was mine after all...
-surfed on Route 42 to Mahogany City, went on Route 43 to the Lake of Rage... on my way I defeated all trainers, as usual...
-caught the Red Gyarados and saved for today

Sadly I forgot to make a final team update... Sethur, Laehydre, Sindri, Kasura and Maleval are all about Lv.30 now.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
Pokemon Monotype Challenge ; Poison
Blog # 3

Just defeated the Elite Four with a bit of trouble, just because of the Ice Elite(Yeah I forgot her name....) but I managed to defeat her ( after a spam fest of Blizzard form Lapras. Man that pokemon has like infinate PP for that attack,) Yeah so I had beaten Red with my pokemon levels roughly 45-49 and I will start the poison run on Crystal later on tonight.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
i don't get it. What's a monotype? I'm a little new here, just getting used to things.

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2009
Well long time since my last post since that post i have started the crystal verision and beat the elite four and red, this was my team when i beat red:

Slowking lv 53
-Strenght
-Psychic
-Fire Blast
-Surf

Hypno lv 53
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Flash
-Thunder Punch

Kadabra lv 53
-Psychic
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch

Starmie lv 53
-Thunder
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Whirpool

Espeon lv 53
-Psychic
-Iron Tail
-Zap Cannon
-Cut

Jynx lv 52
-Ice Punch
-Psychic
-Dynamic Punch
-Blizzard

Oh, and can you sign me up for the Psychic challenge in the Sapphire Version please?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
i don't get it. What's a monotype? I'm a little new here, just getting used to things.
it's when you play through the game with only pokemon of the same type,hm slaves,or pokemon that evolve into the type you play with

Yams

Polursaring!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
WooHoo
I've finished Pokemon Sapphire(finally.) Steven was extremely difficult(I hate that Metagross), otherwise the E4 was not too hard after some grinding. Tentacruel is the MVP of this challenge, being my highest level pokemon and being a great special sponge as well as special attacker. Crobat comes a close second for having great speed and attack, and overall helping to sweep mostly anything.

Team:
Tentacruel Lv57
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Vileplume Lv53
Moonlight
Petal Dance
Giga Drain
Aromatherapy
Seviper Lv54
Screech
Earthquake
Crunch
Poison Tail
Crobat Lv54
Poison Fang
Confuse Ray
Fly
Shadow Ball
Muk Lv53
Screech
Acid Armor
Rock Tomb
Sludge Bomb
Weezing Lv 53
Sludge
Thunderbolt
Flash
Explosion

So now I head off to Sinnoh... or maybe not. I tried getting a Diamond ROM, but it seems my computer cant run it. The problem is that even if it runs for a bit, it just starts slowing down horribly. If anyone knows a way to fix this tell me, as I'm not sure if it is the computer itself.

However, if I cant get the ROM to work, don't count me out yet Alakazam. I am probably getting pokemon Platinum soon, so I can continue it on the real handheld version. It will probably take longer however. I will try to continue the challenge.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Darkrential, I've added you to the first page. Good luck with your challenge! :D

And Yams, sorry to hear about your ROM messing up. Though I won't be counting you out, nope. I've already added you to the Sinnoh group. Hope you can get that Platinum game soon! ^_^

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Having real trouble with Red in Silver.

Just trying my best to grind in Mt.Silver.

I can own his Pikachu and..Mainly anything else...Except that freakin Espeon....Gawd.

Just training my fighting types...I'll have a proper update another time as I'm tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back