• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Xbox 360 is screwing with me. ;;

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Okay, basically I can't connect to Xbox Live Marketplace at all. It always comes up with "Status Code 80004005, can't retrieve information" or something like that. It's been this way for at least a week now, and it's driving me crazy.

I can still sign in to Xbox Live, though. Gamertag/Account wise. I just can't access the marketplace.
I've heard M$ is having trouble with servers or something, but that was about a week ago.
I've also tried running initial setup again, it still won't work.

Years
Well, if M$ are having server troubles, maybe it is that?
I know a week is a long time to have issues, but it is a big world in Live land! XD

I just had a quick Google, and the majority seem to ring up the help line and that gets it sorted.
They said DON'T EMAIL THEM! As they hardly ever respond.

Give them a ring and see what they say.
I think that is the best bit of advice you will come across.
Some people are saying that it is a permission or DSN naming problem.
However, I think they will just say it is a server error and they are doing all they can to fix it.

Hope this helps.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Well, if M$ are having server troubles, maybe it is that?
I know a week is a long time to have issues, but it is a big world in Live land! XD

I just had a quick Google, and the majority seem to ring up the help line and that gets it sorted.
They said DON'T EMAIL THEM! As they hardly ever respond.

Give them a ring and see what they say.
I think that is the best bit of advice you will come across.
Some people are saying that it is a permission or DSN naming problem.
However, I think they will just say it is a server error and they are doing all they can to fix it.

Hope this helps.
Eh probably so, but I might ring them up later. Even if they tell me it's server issues, at least I'll know what's wrong.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Even if there are server issues, that shouldn't last a week long.

Can you access the marketplace via the Xbox website?
Can you edit your profile via the Xbox Dashboard?
Any blocked websites in your router?

One plausible thing would be that something is blocking the connection to that server, especially if you can connect to the website and can edit your profile. We just gotta point on it. :P

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
I can, from the website, but it says I have to be 18 to download from the website. Not that that really matters, but it means that I can't download anything from the website.
Yes I can edit my profile via the Dashboard.
I have no idea how to check that. *goes off to google search*

It does display the XBOX LIVE icon in the lower right part of the screen, indicating that I am signed in.

MEGA EDIT:

OK, so I checked the support web site, went into XBOX LIVE support, and found a "Service Alert". Apparently the marketplace is down for repairs.
I'll keep myself updated on this, so problem solved, for now. I guess. :\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back