• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Resource Compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Ok I'm doing this because people keep asking where they can get this and where can they get that, If they'd bothering looking they find what their asking for but since people dont bother looking i've compliled all the free resources i have found into one BIG download, yeah its huge but if you want the tilesets and sprites you've been looking for deal with it...

I'm also hoping this will produce better quality games that are being released!!!​

Pokemon Resources - Click here to download!

Pokebattle Sprite Animations - Click here to download!

Overworlds - Click here to download!

Trainer Sprites - Click here to download!

Tilesets - Click here to download!

Also dont credit me for any of the meterials cerdit the owners/creators.

Last edited:

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Well this seems useful. I've basically gotten most of my resources, but it never hurts to make sure I didn't overlook that special water autotile I always wanted. Thanks. o.o

*waits 1 and 1/2 hours for download* w00t. 5%. xD

KingCharizard

Years
There was actually an old resource compilation thread somewhere, let me dig it up and I'll post the link.

Edit: Here it is, http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158098 originally done by 4th Gen Matt...who last logged on November of last year lol

Edit2: WHOA, that first download is huge. That's like half the size of one of the full downloads for an MMORPG I play.

Thats cause the 1st download includes the 4th gen resource pack and more...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Woah. I'd really suggest splitting up the first download into different categories. 500MB is a bit crazy for a bunch of sprites and music. You should probably add descriptions of what we're actually downloading also.

KingCharizard

Years
Most people have the crap in the download... its for those new members asking where is ______ or how do i get ______! like i said its stuff i found that people dont bother looking for... I'm hoping it will reduce posts like I need Hg/SS OW's Where can i get them...

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
Most people have the crap in the download... its for those new members asking where is ______ or how do i get ______! like i said its stuff i found that people dont bother looking for... I'm hoping it will reduce posts like I need Hg/SS OW's Where can i get them...
You're right, there is a lot of crap in there. Not that the pack is bad of course, I just found all the battle 2nd frame pokemon png files I needed. But if you want a newbie to use this, you'd better organize them into a more legible way. Rather than their names be gibberish (ex. zo80ft.png), why not organize them into folders similar to the way I do it: One for 2nd gen, one for 3rd gen, one for 4th gen, one for music, one for battler frames, etc.

I'm gonna have to do it for myself anyways but maybe you could trim the fat off this bad boy, for the newbies, ya know?

Oh and maybe recolor those kyledove tiles. They're all too grey to me.

Also, there is some stuff you're missing for TSR. All the pokemon following picutres etc. You should know what you're missing.

Oh, and compile a readme so people can credit who they got the tiles, etc. from.

KingCharizard

Years
You're right, there is a lot of crap in there. Not that the pack is bad of course, I just found all the battle 2nd frame pokemon png files I needed. But if you want a newbie to use this, you'd better organize them into a more legible way. Rather than their names be gibberish (ex. zo80ft.png), why not organize them into folders similar to the way I do it: One for 2nd gen, one for 3rd gen, one for 4th gen, one for music, one for battler frames, etc.

I'm gonna have to do it for myself anyways but maybe you could trim the fat off this bad boy, for the newbies, ya know?

Oh and maybe recolor those kyledove tiles. They're all too grey to me.

Also, there is some stuff you're missing for TSR. All the pokemon following picutres etc. You should know what you're missing.

Oh, and compile a readme so people can credit who they got the tiles, etc. from.

If i get free time i'll break it down... and reupload smaller downloads...

Mot of the credits are there, and the way the folder is is the way my folder is, i know exactly where everything is without any effort...

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I'm glad you posted this as the resources have become very useful.
There were graphics in there that I didn't even know about. Thank you very much!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This download only took about 2 min. Not that long.

I am looking at the contents now. I will let you know my opinion on it.

EDIT: Wow. I downloaded the animation pack so that's why it was fast; eh, oh well. I will download both of them.

EDIT2: WOAH! The download is taking me 1 hour to download! Maybe you should split them up into categories.

Last edited:

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
Maybe included the owners who made the tilesets. I'd like to not be accused of stealing things.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
Thats not my problem... If you wanna use it figure it out...

Well you're making this available to people so you should also include the owners names. Then I find this worthless then, no offense, because I don't want to search myself when I'm making my game. You're offering them so you should include the owners as well.

Years
Actually, I think I'll go through and find all the artists and reupload the file with proper credit. I know most of them anyway, so their graphics are easily identifiable to me and could be done in a few minutes.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Thats not my problem... If you wanna use it figure it out...

That's a bit of an immature attitude to theft and plagiarism... Especially since you are supplying this for people who are new and don't have any of these resources yet, and won't necessarily know the different artists and such... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back