• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Artists and Why You Like Them

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
I really want to know why people like music artists. Lately when I asked some people why they liked hearing someone, they answered me with nonsense answers like "He`s just good" or "I just like him" and the worst "He looks cute", so post here what is your favorite artist or band and why do you like him/them? later discuss with others for their reasons, I`ll start:

My favorite band is Sylosis, a Death Metal band from england, they at the top of my list because even if they focus on the Death Metal genre they take inpirations from many other metal genres, Melodic Metal, Trash Metal and many other. After their first album "Conlusion of an Age" the singer quit the band, the lead guitarist, Josh Middleton, took his place while staying the lead guitarist, basiclly Middleton is my role-model as a fellow guitarist, he can do amazing things on the guitar while singing.
The thing that amazed me the most was that I found a few days ago that they had an instrumental song which was very quiet, it showed me that even if they can do loud things and blow your head, they can also do quiet and relaxed things, this song helped me rise from a depression that I have lately as my best female friend left the country for 3 years.
So this is why I like them. Silence From Those In The Sky

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Moved to general entertainment as this fits this section better.

My favourite bands? Too many to list/decide from. =p But what I like is the music itself first and foremost, and additional stuff like what they look like, etc is after. Although that barely is a consideration in the first place for me... If the music is enjoyable to listen to (for whatever reason; music ability, lyrics, etc) then that for me is what'll decide for me if I like a band or not.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I like musical artists because I like their music. If I discover something about the artist themselves that I really don't like, I'll try to not listen to their music or support them anymore by buying their new music, but that never lasts. What tends to make me like them more is what they stand for. Do they do anything with their positions to improve those less fortunate or endorse a cause that I respect? If so, I'll like them more. Another thing is interviews. If I like them in an interview I watch online, I generally like them a lot more and would maybe even change my not-so-great opinion on some music based on them as people and give their music another shot.

Zero Darkness

The Cripple Who Is Whole
Years
I like your way of thinking Patchisou Yutohru.
But give me an examples of artists you like and why they did to get your respect and maybe artist you don`t and why don`t.

Years
I like musical artists because I got attached to a certain song of theirs, particularly if it's the dubstep/dance genre, which is my favorite genre. Also, I might like the artist/band in question if I find the song catchy and I put it on repeat.

In fact, I love so many artists/bands I can't even name them all cos music is my life. However, the only ones I particularly hate are those who do classical/country music, since it's my least fave genre.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
The reason why I like most of the artists I listen to is because most of their music is catchy or sound diffent compared to most artists.

Years
Marina and the Diamonds- Just everything about her is brialliant. Her personality is just amazing, her style is pefect and the way she sings on majority of her songs you can tell it comes from the heart (like Lies and Starring Role )

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 3, 2019
No Doubt are the band of my life basically, I've listened to them for as long as I can remember. Gwen Stefani is such a talented woman and I really hope Push and Shove is the start of a strong comeback.

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
A songwriter that is a personal favorite of mine is Alanis Morissette. Not only did her album Jagged Little Pill pave the way for many female/rock music artists to come, but it defined one of the coolest decades in history. It's because of this album that I have so much respect for her as a musician - every song is relatable to an extent and really hits home.

It's pretty unfortunate that any of her follow-up albums weren't able to reach that success that JLP had, but it would be impossible for her to top that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
My favorite artist by far is definitley Tech N9ne. Nothing like the "mainstream" rap like Lil Wayne and Drake and all that, he puts so much emotion into his music. And the songs that don't have meaning are just straight up catchy and sound great. That and I like how his music almost shatters the windows in my car with the bass lol.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
My favorite band is All Shall Perish, they usually make songs about the dark truth of life, like how everybody dreams, but most of them never happen, because they never try to achieve it. My favorite song would probably be "Never... Again", maybe "A Pure Evil".

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
When I like an artist or band, its for their music. I like them because their music speaks to me and the lyrics are powerful. I don't like a specific band or artist because of how they look. They can look gorgeous and still have horrid music. Looks arent everything, its what their music is like. Although in todays society its more on looks sadly.

Back