• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokemon?

Quinn

Shall we get down to business?
Years
So i didn't see a recent thread on this so i thought i would post one! What are your top favorite pokemon and why?
For me it is-
Gengar, for me gengar was the thing i always wanted but could never have... i remember gold the screen went black gengar appeared... tried a move that never hit soon all my pokemon were asleep then... nightmare... after i returned to the pokemon center after my black out i knew only one thing i must have gengar, it was a sad day when i could only get it threw trading for that was impossible... when i got pear it gave me hope since a Npc will trade you a haunter... with a everstone... Then the day came were i finally got gengar! i still have him in black, waiting to send him to Y, the only pokemon i ever wonted was finally mine. now for mew..(actually by telling this story to some one they felt bad and gave me one :D)

Snorlax- reason are not relevant when snorlax is concerned he is pure awesome, but the 1st time i saw snorlax was in the pokemon movie with Deoxes (sorry for spelling) i thought he was awesome the hole town was going down and there he is sleeping, thata boy snorlax.

I have others but these ones are the ones that really matter to me what about you?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
My favorite Pokemon of all time is Growlithe. I always wanted a dog when I was little and Growlithe always looked so cute and snuggly. I just caught a Shiny Growlithe and it looks so awesome. Gengar is a close second, though. I love creepy Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
My favorite Pokemon are:
1:Vaporeon. I've loved the design since I first got mine, and it was a female Vaporeon in LeafGreen named Mr Showers. He led me through the rest of the game basically and since then I've always loved them.
2. Clawitzer. In Pokemon X, I caught him at level 35 and was the first water type I encoutered that was from the new gen (I made it my goal to use all new pokemon) and he could learn such a good variety of moves and had suck a good ability and really good special attack, he could demolish anyone. He knew Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, and Surf, and just annihilated anyone I would send him up against.
3. Scrafty. I used Scrafty in my first time I played White, and I just remember him being so useful. He still has one of my favorite designs, and love him to this day.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Ehhhh...... I have a lot of favorites. I'm just gunna put about 3-5.

Blaziken - As much as I love the other Hoenn starters, the Blaziken line was the first starter from hoenn I picked and fell in love with it, especially with it being (the first) fire/fighting.

Phantump/Trevenant - I used him during my X play through and he became a big part of my team. Also, his Ghost and Grass typing really caught my eye. I was debating on either using him or a Pumpkaboo/Gourgiest, but decided to use a Trevenant.

Umbreon - I haven't actually trained one until gen 4 came out. Umbreon is pretty decent (in my mind).

Crobat - I raised a Golbat I got from a friend (he wanted something from me but I don't remember what; I said he could trade me anything) and when it evolved into a Crobat, I simply fell in love with it and the evolution line, even though Zubat spam caves (but hey, I wouldn't mind catching a shiny one :D).

Any way I could keep going but I feel like that's enough.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Obviously a tough question, but Pokemon fans get used to it because it's also a common question. Not in order really, but Banette really is #1 for now.

#1: Banette. I love the darker side of Pokemon that still tries to be child appropriate. Banette is possessed with the vengeful energy of an abandoned doll, and if it were to unzip it's mouth, that energy would leave it's body. It's so vague.. Though I presume this doesn't mean Banette dies, maybe it even becomes a little unvengeful sweetheart (shudder.) I love to go off in my imagination wondering about Banette and it's past life/possession of an abandoned toy.

#2: Noibat. I try not to get to attached to completely worthless Pokemon, but here I am doing it. I can't help it- I love bats and this is the first bat design I think really took off. It's cute but retains a creepy-bat look. And it evolves into Noivern, which is also a completely awesome Pokemon (just not cute design wise as Noibat.)

#3: Eeveelutions. I can't help but love these little things. I feel they are widely based on Fennec foxes, my all time favorite canines. I switch my favorite Eeveelution back and fourth, in the end it just seems that I love them all (Jolteon and Flareon have never been my favorite though.) I almost always use an Eeveelution on my team.

#4: Fennekin-Delphox. I LOVE these little foxes. Cool typing, stats, design and hidden ability. My favorite starter line ever, my favorite fire types ever, and Delphox is most certainly my favorite Psychic and favorite Fire-Psychic Pokemon! I'm going to have so much fun with them in XY.

#5: Togepi-Togekiss. I have a love-hate relationship with Togekiss. I don't care for birds, and I wasn't pleased that Togetics evolution got a design like Togekiss. But see it in the anime made me realize it has a strange cuteness I don't find often in Pokemon that are so birdlike. Seeing and using Togekiss in battle made me love it even more. Togetic will always be favored by me design wise, but I just can't hate Togekiss. It's so sweet.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
My favourite Pokémon ever is Zubat, mostly because he's so misunderstood XD whenever I say it's my favourite, people look at me weird because it's so common (and annoying), but just look at what he evolves into- Crobat is one of the fastest Pokémon in the game! Also, bats are my favourite animals so that plays a large part XD

Other favourites are sort of standard starter favourites you get attatched to, Charmander being my favourite as a kid (Charmeleon is awesome) and when I got Sapphire I just fell in love with Treecko.

My other favourites are Breloom, Scizor, Ariados, Noctowl, Ninjask, Beedrill, Flygon, Escavalier, Lucario, and more recently Noivern and Froakie.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
I'd say I have quite a number of favorites, but I'm going to list the ones off the top of my head.

Lilligant – She's the most beautiful Grass-type (and Pokemon, for that matter) for me; she has a delicate appearance that screams lovable. I love how she looks like she sprouted from a tulip (my most favorite flower) and the fact that the color of her eyes, which are shaped similar to water droplets (a plus), reminds me of sunset (a favorite view). She exudes elegance; I find every bit of her design to be (more than just) peachy. Currently, she's my number one favorite.

Eeveelutions – Well, I'd say most of them, instead of all, as I was never really that fond of Vaporeon. Dunno exactly why, to be honest. Anyway, they're just so cute and... and... yeah, I find their designs to be one of the most adorable. As of now, Leafeon is my top Eeveelution, but I'm pretty sure that it'll change sometime soon—it always does, because I just can't get enough of merely one (not sure if it made sense, but hey, it's almost four in the morning here).

Luxray – I. Love. This. Lion. I really do. There's just something about him that I'm so fond of. Maybe it's the fact that he's a lion and I'm a Leo; it's as if there's a special connection between us. Something like that. Okay, so there's Pyroar and he's even more connected to Leo (what with that Gen VI lion being a Fire-type), but no, he doesn't have what Luxray has; therefore, Luxray > Pyroar. I rest my case.

Mismagius – A new favorite, so she may not be that close to my heart (yet). I've recently been more attracted to Ghost-types, which is probably due to my love for mysteries and for horror stories and whatnot (despite actually being a scaredy-cat). Or maybe it's just to her and Chandelure. Anyway, I've come to appreciate Mismagius because, well, she's... enchanting. I like her twisted smile, her cat-like eyes, her color... her design! I also don't mind having a mischievous Pokemon, so long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Special mention: Arcanine, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Glameow, Liepard, and... well, there are still others, yet I can't really recall them right now. I like them; however, I can't exactly call them a "favorite."

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 2, 2014
Mine would have to be Wartortle because it's the Pokemon that got me into Pokemon if Wartortle wasn't there I wouldn't be here. Thanks Wartortle <3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
My favorite and always has been since Gen 1 is Ninetales... Ninetales just seems so elegant in their own beauty... and they are quite powerful to boot.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I think It's about time I made a top 5 list.

1. Serperior - My first pokemon. What can I say? The nostalgia is strong in this one.
2. Breloom - This little grass type has gotten my monotype team out of some pretty serious situations.
3. Gigalith - My first shiny. Plus he looks really cool.
4. Cradily - There is hardly a pokemon in NU that can force rage-quits quite like Cradily.
5. Hawlucha - This pokemon really grew on me. I didn't even use it on my in-game team, but it really shone in competitive battling.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I actually have two. It used to be Shiftry, then Manectric, then Sneasel. Now I'm stuck and I don't know which one I like more.

Weavile - What's not to love about Weavile (except its terrible special attack)? It's fast and has a really good attack and a good Base Stat Total. It also looks super badass, and it's pokedex entries are the bomb diggity. Also, its Sneasel's evo and I freaking love Sneasel.

Ambipom - I may have been little, but I still remember Aipom from crystal. That cool little badass monkey. Everyone seemed to forget about it until it got an evo in DPP. It, like Weavile, has a good speed and attack (and bad sp. attack) and looks really cool.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My top 6 favorite Pokemon in order are - and a short reasoning why (even if others disagree or don't like, it's just my opinion):

01 - Watchog! - (since taking on Kalos Champion its again back to #1)! Really love it's 'fur' coloring,love the eyes, it's ears, it's tail, and it's illuminating stripes. It's smart, strong (it took down 2 MegaPokemon in my X game) and intelligent.

02 - Mienshao - my favorite of all fighting types too. Since it's been on weasel (since I love mustelids!) it's reason enough for it to be very high on my list. Love it's expressions and 'cries' it does in Pokemon Amie

03 - Floatzel - my favorite water type too, and my favorite sea-otter Pokemon. It always seems like Floatzel is smiling, it looks like it would be a Pokemon to have fun and playing with.

04 - Mienfoo - another Pokemon I don't know where to start describing what I love most since I just really love it from head to tail. To be honest, I prefer it's shiny blue color over it's red 'fur' that it has. It's very cute and adorable in Pokemon Amie.

05 - Linoone - another weasel Pokemon that I love! and my only true favorite Pokemon from Hoenn. Linoone also seems to be very playful, and would love to be the certain of attention (I'm sort of describing what my ferret might like too!).

What about Persian (according to my username)? - it's currently my 10th favorite.
What about Patrat (according to my avatar)? - 12th favorite
Others: 6th Buizel - 7th Dewott - 8th Furret - 9th Meowstic - 11th Purrloin

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
My top 6 favorite Pokemon in order are - and a short reasoning why (even if others disagree or don't like, it's just my opinion):

01 - Watchog! - (since taking on Kalos Champion its again back to #1)! Really love it's 'fur' coloring,love the eyes, it's ears, it's tail, and it's illuminating stripes. It's smart, strong (it took down 2 MegaPokemon in my X game) and intelligent.

02 - Mienshao - my favorite of all fighting types too. Since it's been on weasel (since I love mustelids!) it's reason enough for it to be very high on my list. Love it's expressions and 'cries' it does in Pokemon Amie

03 - Floatzel - my favorite water type too, and my favorite sea-otter Pokemon. It always seems like Floatzel is smiling, it looks like it would be a Pokemon to have fun and playing with.

04 - Mienfoo - another Pokemon I don't know where to start describing what I love most since I just really love it from head to tail. To be honest, I prefer it's shiny blue color over it's red 'fur' that it has. It's very cute and adorable in Pokemon Amie.

05 - Linoone - another weasel Pokemon that I love! and my only true favorite Pokemon from Hoenn. Linoone also seems to be very playful, and would love to be the certain of attention (I'm sort of describing what my ferret might like too!).

What about Persian (according to my username)? - it's currently my 10th favorite.
What about Patrat (according to my avatar)? - 12th favorite
Others: 6th Buizel - 7th Dewott - 8th Furret - 9th Meowstic - 11th Purrloin
Were you disappointed that Generation 6 lacked weasel-like Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
At the moment, my three most favorite Pokémon are Vulpix, Blastoise, and Scizor. Vulpix—I like it because of its adorableness. It's small in size, it's got shiny-looking eyes, its furs are soft, and its body is very light, making it easy to carry. Is there any reason to not like this Pokémon? xD If I ever had a Vulpix in real life, I would take it with me wherever I went—whether it be on my hands, in my purse, or in my backpack. Blastoise is my favorite as well, because I find its design to be quite astounding. It's got two, huge cannons stuck onto its back, and it can take them in and out of its shell at will. How awesome is that? When it comes to battling, Blastoise isn't too bad, either. Its mega form's got amazing defensive stats, allowing it to take millions of hit and stall your opponent for many, many turns. As for Scizor, I'm a fan of it mainly due to its battling skills. It has great Attack stat, and after only one boost with Swords Dance, it becomes impossible to stop. If you utilize this Pokémon correctly, you'll be winning the match in an instant! (:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Might be Scizor, Salamence & Dusknoir! My team trio.
I think Scizor, a bug type have the best bug type design.
Salamence badass dragon of Gen 3, my favorite gen.
Dusknoir best ghost evolution! ^^

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
I'd have a hard time putting them in any order, but... I'd say my top three would be Magneton, Golurk, aaand... Clefairy, maybe, the third slot is more ambiguous for me! Garbodor is really growing on me lately, but I've never trained one... Sudowoodo also!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Really like Gourgeist and Breloom. Stat-wise, some pretty rare Atk-oriented Grass types. And the typings are really neat, being Ghost and Fighting with Grass. The shinies are Gourgeis (sue me), and idk there's not much else to say.

Back