• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Yeah, vote now! :)

I think for my Journey RP, I'll dare to be different by making gym leaders have full Pokemon parties of more than 4. The first few gyms would probably have 3 the least. I don't believe that gym leaders have a limit to how many Pokemon they carry. Why must it be 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5 respectively? Gym leaders are like Trainers and deserve to decide for themselves how many Pokemon they want to battle with. The leaders in my RP would also give out generously, not just one stingy TM.

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
Yeah, vote now! :)

I think for my Journey RP, I'll dare to be different by making gym leaders have full Pokemon parties of more than 4. The first few gyms would probably have 3 the least. I don't believe that gym leaders have a limit to how many Pokemon they carry. Why must it be 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5 respectively? Gym leaders are like Trainers and deserve to decide for themselves how many Pokemon they want to battle with. The leaders in my RP would also give out generously, not just one stingy TM.

The problem I've always had with full 6-on-6 battles is that they can take a long time to complete. I tend to ask for longer battle posts in my RP's, so a full party battle could be split into as many as 6-8 posts. If your expecting good quality posts and full party battles for the majority of your gym leaders, then your RP is in danger of moving very, very slowly. I think you'd need to be very careful if you chose to run it this way.

Just my two cents :)

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
My New RP

Can you guys give me feedback on this idea and what you think should change, and whether you'd be interested.

Project D.N.A.
(PG-16)​
Background______________________

Chaos, absolute chaos. Riots. Fights. New Laws. This is all happening, because of The War. The people in each region are having freedoms taken away from them, they can't visit other regions because of the warring state the world is in. Everyone is paranoid that someone is a spy and it needs to stop.

A news report before the war

"Natural disasters are currently happening all over the place, but not only here in Kanto, in Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. Each region is having unique disasters, we are having blizzards, heat waves, and lighting striking unusually. These seem to be attacks directed towards people, as there are much higher fatality rates than ever would be possible.
In our close neighbor Johto, are very similar disasters. While Hoenn faces Tsunamis, and Earthquakes. Yet of all of them Sinnoh is allegedly having, Stops in time, and objects are morphing on their own. Please don't quote me on this, because I personally believe that to be absolute nonsense. These disasters have caused blackouts, which has led to riots and looting. This needs to stop, but the cause is still unknown. Hopefully it is found soon."

The cause is Legendary Pokémon going berserk, those scientists need to stop interfering and trying to capture Legendary Pokémon…

Plot_____________________________

You are a seemingly regular kid, you go to school, eat, sleep, and drink. The only differences that you know about are that you don't remember much about your past and you have a peculiar scar. This scar that you have, it's not only shaped oddly and uniquely, but your parents say that you got it the same day that you lost your memories in a tragic accident. Yet the strangest of all of these things is that sometimes you get a tugging feeling in your scar like there is something inside trying to escape.
You wonder why these things happen when one day… You're answered. You were just going about your business when you just fall into an unconscious state. You wake up in darkness, only able to hear two voices conversing the conversation is an odd one that sounds something like this…
"I'm sure that these were his instructions, he wants all of them at the lab by tonight."
"What if they wake up…? Couldn't they be extremely dangerous?"
"No, they don't know a thing about their scars, let alone what they are, or how to use them. He's going to take care of all of that, explaining everything and all."
"Everything? What about their parents, is he going to tell them that? That just seems like it could be a shock to them."
"We'll see once we get there."

You are taken out of the darkness that turned out to be a burlap sack by two rough individuals. You see others around you grouped with you and tied-up. Some have visible scars, others are hidden. You are greeted by a man wearing a tall white lab coat. "Welcome, you're not human." This causes murmurs in the people sitting bound by ropes. "You are partly legendary Pokémon, I was one of the people who created you and have hence known you since not long after your birth… And your parents, whatever relationship you may have with them is real, they are however not your real parents. You were taken from an orphanage by a group called Project WEAPON this is not an acronym, it just means that they banded together to make you all…….. As weapons." This was apparently taken in shock from the audience. "I was lured in by the promises of fame, glory, and riches. You were to work as weapons for whenever it was needed, not for anyone else, but Project WEAPON. I saw this all as a bad idea half way through the project. We were capturing the legendaries and extracting D.N.A. from their most dangerous parts and fusing them with parts of your own body. That is your scar. You may, because of your sharing a bond by D.N.A. be able to understand and speak to legendary Pokémon. When I disbanded from the group I tried to take as many of you with me, I gave you all away to couples and told them of the situation. They were to never tell you the real story of your past. I have you here today to form Project D.N.A., to fight back, and stop the war that has already been started by fighting back." A long pause followed "Will you join me?... By the way, my name is Professor Oak."

THE SCARS
Each legendary has a scar; they are as follows for what they are how they work and where they are.

To be filled in...

Years
The problem I've always had with full 6-on-6 battles is that they can take a long time to complete. I tend to ask for longer battle posts in my RP's, so a full party battle could be split into as many as 6-8 posts. If your expecting good quality posts and full party battles for the majority of your gym leaders, then your RP is in danger of moving very, very slowly. I think you'd need to be very careful if you chose to run it this way.

Just my two cents :)
Thanks for telling me that. I just wanted to see how other people would feel about this and this was just what I was asking for. I'll slightly follow the games by having gradually increasing number of Pokemon, the higher level of difficulty the gym in the cities become. I'll most likely start the first few gyms with 3, then move on to 4 and then 5 for the last few gyms.

@pokemongarnet: Well, the plot seems to be very detailed and well-thought through. It would be interesting to see how your RP turns out. I'll say go for it. Something about the storyline tells me it was taken from somewhere, some movie. I can't remember seeing the same plot about having abilities infused into your body and having physical features to show for it. Very very familiar, I'm sure I've seen it but where?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I din't get it from anywhere but there's things just like it i'm sure X-men i believe was the one you were hinting at and I guess it's similar.

Years
I din't get it from anywhere but there's things just like it i'm sure X-men i believe was the one you were hinting at and I guess it's similar.
Hmm, not quite. I can't remember what it was, maybe I'm just thinking of the wrong idea. But anyways, your plot is great! ^^

EDIT: I'm thinking of doing a MouseHunt+Pokemon RP. xD

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
People should join the Experiments RP its seems cool.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Y'know what RP people should join? Mine. You all know it's completely awesomesauce, don't deny it. You're all just jealous because it's the most awesomesauce thing you've ever seen and so you conspire to murder it! =P

But seriously, it needs people to sign up for it. Slightly confuzzled as to why people won't join it, but they join completely...not so awesomesauce RPs. WE ALL NEED A LITTLE AWESOMESAUCE IN OUR LIVES! X.x XP

If you're interested and/or are being held at gunpoint to join, linkz at teh top of my awesomesauce signature. Woot! Awesomesauce!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Hey guys... does anybody like harry potter?... I don't care. JK. But i think that around the time that the last movie is released I'd make a pokemon RP that's just like it.. but I do'nt know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I love Harry Potter <3 But an RP set in Hogwarts-ish needs a decent plot to be playable.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Yeah, I'm thinking of doing several sketches of what I wan't it to be like (I'm not great at drawing) and put those in the OP so that people can understand. I'll probably switch out death eaters with... Team Genesis. NEW!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm hereby announcing that 2 spots in my journey RP BEGIN, AGAIN are available.

The starters to choose from are a shiny Bulbasaur or a shiny Tepig. If you don't want to start from the beginning (Pallet Town) we can discuss it. The RP has currently reached chapter 5 (Viridian Forest).

If you want to read about the RP, go here

If you want to post a sign up, go here

Also, there are only a few days left to vote in the ROLEPLAY AWARDS! (one of the stickied threads in the Roleplay Corner) If you haven't put your votes up yet, hurry and do so~ There are emblems and titles at stake.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
i would join some more but i wanna limit my RP's to around 5 or I might not be able to keep track. If some of the ones I'm apart of like Experiments or A Life Time on the Run doesn't take off, I can join some more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It has always been sort of an advertise your RP thread xD But we've got to remember to discuss things as well, mwehehe.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Oh no... Forum default is horrible now, It replaces words. But on topic. We are still waiting on a response from the GM but would anybody like to GM an RP that is dying if the current one doesn't return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back