• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread 2013

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
omg kingdom hearts 3... Thats it for me Sony just won... I love kingdom hearts. that has sealed the whole thing for me. Don't even need to bother going back and watching the rest. Had a group convo on skype going and we all shut up when KH3 came out.

And ff versus... Looking good

Renyui!

ascender
Years
>mfw when they announced FF versus becoming FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3

Thank-You-Based-God.jpg

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Sony killed at E3.

No used game restrictions? No online requirements?

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts freaking three?!

I'm buying a PS4. No questions asked.

Years
Well, that was entertaining. I am sold on the PS4. Sounds like you have to pay for online gaming, which sucks, but a £349 price ($399) and the games and features easily covers that up for me.

Sorry Microsoft, but you lost.​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Microsoft just lost that so hard. FF versus was epic. KH epic. The way they handled the whole used games and online thing made me laugh.

And then to kick it off with the price... Just killed it.

Years
Do you think the PS4 will get a price drop in the first year or so or is $399 as good as it's gonna get for a while? Sorry, speculating on price drops already, I'm cheap, I know, I'm not going to buy any gaming system full price :P

Zet

Years
Well, that was entertaining. I am sold on the PS4. Sounds like you have to pay for online gaming, which sucks, but a £349 price ($399) and the games and features easily covers that up for me.

Sorry Microsoft, but you lost.​
It's not too bad paying of PS+ considering how much better it is than xbox gold.

Also the Australian price for the PS4 is $550, while the Xbox One is $600. I didn't think the price difference here would be so close to each other.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So far, Sony has won E3 with Versus XIII/XV/whatever and the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3. It's gonna take Nintendo a lot of hype to exceed the same levels of Square's game for the PS4 (maybe revealing Ridley for the SSB4 trailer should do?).

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
>mfw when they announced FF versus becoming FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3

>FFXV
>Kingdom Hearts 3
>Dark Cloud on PSN
>Ico-esque Rain
>Oddworld
>Destiny
>mfw

Microsoft got told.

I'm pumped. Can't wait for Nintendo Direct too (SSB trailer especially).

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The PS4 looks way better than Xbox One.
PlayStation_4_Trasparent_File.png

Sony just put the finally nail in Microsoft's coffin. With FF XV and KH3 , they won.

Can't wait to see what Nintendo has to offer, maybe they can beat Sony, but who knows. I'll probably still sleeping when the Nintendo Direct happens here (even if it at 9am here, I usually don't wake up till 11am or 12pm) but I'll probably catch the info on Facebook newsfeed on all the Pokemon and Nintendo- related pages I've liked lol. Pokemon Direct on the other hand, I hope I'll be awake and on my computer as the Twitter updates are happening. (And refreshing Twitter constantly. XD) Can't wait for more X and Y info mostly.

Years
Well, I wasn't able to follow the coverage during the day, but it looks like Sony won out big time over Microsoft and the Xbox One. The only real downside that I've heard is that you have to pay $5 a month for PS+ if you want to play online, but with the 360 having done that for the past couple years, it isn't that big of a concern to me.

And while I was already leaning towards getting the PS4, it easily sounds like the better system, and starting $100 cheaper is a huge plus in my book. I still can't see myself getting it at launch (I'll wait to see the public's opinion on it before I jump in), but it would take something huge for me to want to jump ship to the Xbox at this point.

I'm also interested in what Nintendo has to offer in their presentations. I've been on the fence about hearing any X/Y info, since I'd like to avoid spoilers as much as humanly possible, but just logging onto PC everyday makes it hard to stay away, so I might just end up tuning in. And while I don't really care about the Wii U, I'd love to hear what they have in store for the 3DS over the next couple of months.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Can anyone list the games that were revealed during the Sony conference? And did Vita get any?

Because Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV do NOTHING for me.

Sony really landed a death blow on Microsoft with that pricing though hahahaha.

So far, Sony has won E3 with Versus XIII/XV/whatever and the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3. It's gonna take Nintendo a lot of hype to exceed the same levels of Square's game for the PS4 (maybe revealing Ridley for the SSB4 trailer should do?).
It's all tastes but no matter how you look at it, Smash and 3D Mario are bigger than Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. The only difference was that 3D Mario and Smash 4 were announced in advance.

Personally, when it comes to the games, Nintendo has this one in the bag just with the line up we already know, but I still don't know Sony's one.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
Can anyone list the games that were revealed during the Sony conference? And did Vita get any?

Because Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV do NOTHING for me.

Sony really landed a death blow on Microsoft with that pricing though hahahaha.

It's all tastes but no matter how you look at it, Smash and 3D Mario are bigger than Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. The only difference was that 3D Mario and Smash 4 were announced in advance.

Personally, when it comes to the games, Nintendo has this one in the bag just with the line up we already know, but I still don't know Sony's one.
For Vita games, I can remember Killzone: Mercenary, FFX/X-2 HD, and God of War 1 and 2 HD.
The Vita will also be a remote controller for the PS4, so you can play your PS4 games on it in another room.

Gran Turismo 6, Infamous: Second Son, Beyond two souls(or something like that), Killzone, AC4, and a bunch of other stuff. You can watch the Sony conference here and find out more.

[hd]DmoZAPDV3ew[/hd]​

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Well Nintendo has finally done it. I now feel like I've got a reason or two to buy a Wii U now.

Back