• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wow..something VERY wierd..

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Deoxys' original three forms...they are:
Defense
Normal
Attack

The first letter of each spells out DNA! And guess what type Deoxys is? Yep!
I just wanted to point that out. Was that intended?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
interesting...but I'd still write that off as an odd coincedence...

arrange those in any other way and you's get AND, DAN, or NAD none of which really have any significance to Deoxys as a pokemon.

Besides, factor in the Deoxys from Emerald and you'll get DNAS, SAND, or maybe even NADS. XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
lol...that wholw nads thing is just a preview of how demented my mind is at this time of day. XD

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
LOL!
Maybe it was intended to be DNA, but when they were disscusing creating an Emerald Version, and putting a new Deoxys in, the abandoned the idea.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
I notice the orginal forms of Deoxys try to represent DNA, since Deoxys' name did came from deoxyribonucleic acid. (DNA) Now, because of Deoxys' forth form, want now, SAND? XD

Makoto

Years
maybe it's not meant to be speed type, but HP type, then it'd spell HAND, which would signal the coming of the 2-handed deoxys from movie 7....(or is the R/S deoxys simply the 2-handed deoxys with 1 arm destroyed by rayquaza, and instead of growing a second arm, it grew tentacles like the attack deoxys?)

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
Maybe it's Dna, and the S is just an add on. The Dna thing sounds very likely, but hte rest of it could jst be continuing on and abandoning the Idea.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Err... Deoxys RS is by no mean "normal," as its stats are completely sided off to be an attacker (just slightly less extreme than Deoxy-FR)... i mean there's nothing "normal" or average about something with 150 base for both attacks, and 150 base speed with 50 base defense for both categories o.o;

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
Years
Well frosty as RS version of deoxys was the first it makes sense to call it normal and the rest to be extreme versions of the original - defense and attack.
However i understand what u mean RS deoxys is far from a normal pokemon in terms of stat distribution.

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
NADS? Well, "Nada" is "Nothing" in Portuguese, and Nads is its shortcut XD

Pounce

renai kakumei
Years
PIKA2 said:
I notice the orginal forms of Deoxys try to represent DNA, since Deoxys' name did came from deoxyribonucleic acid. (DNA) Now, because of Deoxys' forth form, want now, SAND? XD

yeah, I agree-- it could very well be intended, especially with so many other references to DNA like in its name as pika2 pointed out... maybe the new form makes DNAs. like.. plural. o_o (though I don't know if that is the correct way to say more than one DNA... >.> it's probably still just DNA but whatever) deoxyribonucleic acids?

Duke R

Member #1950
Years
Pounce said:
yeah, I agree-- it could very well be intended, especially with so many other references to DNA like in its name as pika2 pointed out... maybe the new form makes DNAs. like.. plural. o_o (though I don't know if that is the correct way to say more than one DNA... >.> it's probably still just DNA but whatever) deoxyribonucleic acids?
Exactly. But I noticed the DNA thing a long time ago.

Back