• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Darkstar:Road To Dreams

Who should be the champion?

• Zorthan

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Eleana

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Riley

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Razor

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Bugs/Gllitches
-When using the Running Shoes, the character sprite changes back to the normal Firered sprite.
-After atempting to leave Drask Twon towards the East and being stopped by the guard, attempting to leave the way you came in transports you into literally the "middle of a building", where you cannot move or get down.
-At the start of "Sinea Route" you can walk right off the ledge next to the "Team Rocket" looking sprites.
-Cranados' menu sprite is a Gligar, and Buizel's is a Mawile.
-Abra has Hidden Power in the wild. May or may not be a bug.
-Various grammatical errors. I am willing to point them out if asked.
-Not really a glitch, but a tip. I would remove "Sonicboom" from Buizel's moveset, because it makes Buizel slighty overpowered at the start of the game.
-I didn't recieve any Pokeballs after getting the Pokedex.
-Talking to the trainer near the "Team Rocket" looking sprites freezes the game.
-Speaking to the "Team Rocket" sprites also froze the game.
-While fighting the "Rival" for the first time, the Ralts he uses has it's gender next to it's name. Does this serve a purpose?
-Text got kinda weird after beating the Rival the first time.
-On the signs in "Vent Camp". within the houses. the text reads "o much".
-Inside the first gym, the "Leader" is ?
-After defeating Rico, your name is not added to the "Winning Trainers" list.
-The statue within the gym stills says "Viridian Gym"
-On "Esped Route", the first sign says "Oute".
I wouldn't be much of a critic if I didn't point out the pros, would I?
-New Regions-
I'm a sucker for new regions. I suppose it's because of the fact that I resent Nintendo for taking two to three years to make new areas to make new regions/pokemon.
-Various Pokemon at the starting areas-
More pokemon in the beginning means more a wider array of moves you can use. I've always liked that.
-Starter Pokemon-
Cranidos and Shieldon really suprised me. I liked it though.Plus it alows me to chose my play style. Cranidos for all out attacking, and Shieldon for a more defensive style of play.
-Buying the Tyrouge for money-
I've always liked this idea since the player was allowed the choice of buying the Magikarp back in the original Red version. The price was smart aswell. High enough that you can't buy it outright, but not so high that it seems imposibble early on.
-The First Gym-
The whole "spinning tiles" thing has always been something I've liked about the Saffron Gym. I'm glad you put it in the first.

Suggestions/Questions
-For the first "official" gym, can you put the type of gym somewhere? On the sign or in a NPC's text. I felt like I was going in blind.
-No Pokemon Center in Vent Camp. What is up with that? I know that there's a Rest House, put people might not realize that's the "PokeCenter" so to speak.
-I would recommend changing Rico's sprite from Giovanni's to something different.
-Rico's Starvavia is a accuracy manipulating S.O.B! Please change that.
-Do the five rocks south of Vent Camp provide any to the main story, or are they simply for show?

That's as far as I've gotten at this time. When I find more glitches/bugs, or I have something to add, I'll post again. Other then the few problems I came across, this beta was quite enjoyable. I look forward to the next beta release.

Ok,that is some useful report,thanks a lot!I hope you like it ^^

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I downloaded it and now im making a playthrough that i will be uploading on youtube.Cool story and cool game :D

Woah,playthrough? Thats great,thanks!

Can you PM with the links so i can add them to the main post?

Thanks a lot!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
When I saved above the stairs at the beginning of the game (in my house) and reset the game, I was playing as a glitched sprite and had very limited movement. Is this just because of where I saved?

EDIT: I just realized that it could be loading the character in the middle of the screen, since I was to the side more.

Last edited:
Years
looking Fantastic! well done. good luck with the rest :)
Pokemon Nirvana looks cool

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Nice hack but wich file do i need to download? the space V or the attached V

>DrakiL<

Making "Art" and Fakemons
Years
Ray this is such an awesome hack, but one thing whenever I talked to the black-suited guy in the beginning the Emulator crashed, why?

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
when i try to download this it says find/save when click find nothin happens please help me

Back