• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Sounds fun, here's mine:

Name: Grizzly
Type: Psychic
Pokemon: Espeon Lvl 48 Gardevoir lvl 48 Reuniclus lvl 50, the 8th leader
Badge: Strategic Badge. Also comes with Psychic TM(if there is...)
Gym Layout: It's totally based on cards. You get a tutorial with Grizzly speaking. You start with a room that has 3 cards, and they are moved by Grizzly's psychic power. You'll try to find your way to Grizzly's place. There will be 7 trainers, 1 can be avoided very easily, 2 are optional, 2 are inevitable, and 2 change a direction of a card.

About Grizzly: Grizzly, since childhood, was already brainy. He joined many contests and activities involving strategies, and he never lost a single one. His town was very proud of him. Some time later, he became a gym leader. It was quite hard for him, he took many responsibilites, and the challengers he faced are no joke. Determined to make his gym much more than piece of cake, he redesigned his gym into a magnificent house. He is then to become a champion, much like Iris, and a Grass type leader replaces him.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Interesting topic there Queen of Poison, anyone is welcome to create their own gym leader if they want to. But I'm creating a new topic to revive this club a bit, my last topic was a confusing one as I re-read it & didn't understand it myself. My apologies all.

Share your favorite memory of gym battles. (In-Game, Manga and/or Anime). If its a new/recent gym battle in Anime or Manga, please put in spoilers.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Share your favorite memory of gym battles. (In-Game, Manga and/or Anime). If its a new/recent gym battle in Anime or Manga, please put in spoilers.

I don't really feel like I've ever had any particularly memorable moments with any of the gym leaders apart from Whitney though. I mean, I had quite some trouble with Norman the last time I played the third generation games, but apart from those, it's been way too long to remember if any of my other battles have carried any exciting events, which I presume they haven't seeing as I can't remember them. No, the only gym leader which has stuck with me through all these years is Whitney and her Miltank, beating me to death like there's no tomorrow.. I mean seriously, that Stomp and Milk Drink combo was insanely annoying, I can't say how much money I'd wasted on Potions because I didn't have the common sense to just save and restart the battle. Bleh, so many horrible memories :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly I have no lasting memories of in-game gym battles - none of them were ever that difficult or that unique to make a big impact D: The anime is a completely different story though! My favourite ever gym battle was of Ash vs Candice in Snowpoint City; that battle was just hnggg <3 Her Pokémon showed such power and diversity considering what they were (I really don't have a high opinion of Abomasnow but oh my God it was cool to watch her command it) and Ash put up a great fight. There were several points in the battle where he came so close to losing so it was very tense, and the move combinations he resorted to using to beat Abomasnow were great! This battle somewhat summarized what all gym battles should be like for me, so it's not one I'll easily forget.

... also seriously guys, is Whitney really that hard to warrant such commotion when her name is brought up? xD (In reference to the whole forum!) I honestly never found her very hard at all so I'd love to know why she's considered such a God of Pokémon battles D:

Olli

Years
Honestly I have no lasting memories of in-game gym battles - none of them were ever that difficult or that unique to make a big impact D: The anime is a completely different story though! My favourite ever gym battle was of Ash vs Candice in Snowpoint City; that battle was just hnggg <3 Her Pokémon showed such power and diversity considering what they were (I really don't have a high opinion of Abomasnow but oh my God it was cool to watch her command it) and Ash put up a great fight. There were several points in the battle where he came so close to losing so it was very tense, and the move combinations he resorted to using to beat Abomasnow were great! This battle somewhat summarized what all gym battles should be like for me, so it's not one I'll easily forget.

... also seriously guys, is Whitney really that hard to warrant such commotion when her name is brought up? xD (In reference to the whole forum!) I honestly never found her very hard at all so I'd love to know why she's considered such a God of Pokémon battles D:
Well, if your team is well-trained and the ones you've been using are female, then the battle isn't really as hard, however the despite not being as well-known as Whitney's infamous Miltank, it was still a bugger when it came to getting through it. If it got you with a successful attract, then you were already caught in her trap. Carried on to Miltank who had some insanely annoying combos. Often flinching you if it was able to outspeed you with Stomp, constantly spamming Milk Drink to heal itself, and otherwise just tearing your team down one by one. If your team wasn't bulky, high leveled or had some good stats and moves, then getting through her was just a real pain. But guess you're just good at Pokemon games xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
Name: MightyHeracross
Your Gym Leader: Bugsy
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!): Heracross, Scizor
Why have you joined to be trained:I just wanted to join a club!

The gym leader of viridian in GSC is blue. In RBY, blue has the evolved forms of the starters since he's a rival. So i guess he is the gym leader with the fully evolved starter...

Olli

Years
Welcome to the club MightyHeracross. Hope you'll stay around and help give the club some activity ^^

Now I guess it's time for a new topic :p

What are some of your favourite moments with any gym leader, whether it's in the anime or games or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back