• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO - Individual Card Thread [Revived]

Years

Yugioh Individual Card Discussion Thread
Since the other died, lets see if this one can pick up again

So, there has been a while since the last topic got any replies, which means there have been lots of new cards being released and have had a chance to been played.

Are there any that you feel deserve a special mention? Has this card pushed its way through the crowd with the new ban list arriving? Or is it just an all around good card?

Personally, I think the new Synchro God's get a mention. Here is one of them:

Polar God Odin 極神聖帝オーディン
Spoiler:

It isn't even that hard to get out O_o

57.png

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I think this card deserves a special mention:
Spoiler:

It is an awesome card:
Spoiler:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
No, the Nordic Gods got nerfed.

HARD. They suck now. > :

MasterHyperionSD20-JP-UR.jpg

You can remove from play 1 "Agent" monster from your side of the field, hand, or Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to select 1 card on the field and destroy it. If you control a face-up "The Sanctuary in the Sky", you can use this effect up to twice per turn.

Dark Armed Dragon on rocket boosters. So I herd you lieked blowing up stuff.

Years
As soon as the new red eyes came out, I made a dragon deck and it was just broken! XD
So easy to summon and revive stronger dragons.

I have never seen Nordic Gods before, but that is a pretty strong effect O_o

Circuit

Years
Nah, Nordic gods did get nerfed (epic word Cirrus xD)
How about this baby:
Spoiler:

Its second effect is just epic. Not much surpasses 3000 ATK points, so being forced to attack that is pretty harsh.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
Years
What about that new ally of justice synchro from hidden arsenal 3

Effect1: once per turn destroy a set card
Effect2: discard a card to destroy all of your opponents set cards
Effect3: discard you whole hand to send all light monsters in your opponents hand to the graveyard and they take damage equal to their combined atk

Note that these effects only apply when your opponent has a light monster on the field plus it has a whopping 3300 atk/def
Should be called ally of justice lightsworn assassinator killafe machine.

Circuit

Years
Oh yes, Ally of Jusitice Decisive Armor:
Spoiler:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Yeah, the Polar Gods in the OCG are a lot weaker than in the anime, and they aren't Divine anymore either.

I was pretty thrilled when I pulled this out of the first Starstrike Blast I ever bought:
Spoiler:

It's won me a fair few duels recently - it's incredibly hard to get rid of once its out unless you have Skill Drain or are very clever. And my plant deck can get it out fairly regularly, thanks to Glow-Up Bulb being awesome. Definitely my fave new card.

Circuit

Years
Nah, You can't beat this:
Spoiler:

Best Tuner ever!

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
CF, you stole my sticky opp D:

Rating Forumla Synchron 9.5/10; I love it's playability and usefulness; especially for the fact that it dosen't only belong to one archetype, but it's not perfect in that I can't get pluses from it at times.

Circuit

Years
Formula Synchron = Win.
I would love to syncho summon it, just to draw the card.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
New card:

Glow-Up Bulb

* - EARTH - Plant/Tuner - ATK/100~DEF/100
Effect: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard and Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. Each player can only use the effect of "Glow-Up Bulb" once per Duel.

My Thoughts: A very useful card in Plant Synchro/Plant decks. It's effect is useful two, and goes well with cards like Snyffus and other Plant support. My rating would be 9/10.

Years
Glow-up Bulb is so useful. So easy to just drop it and use it later.

My mate back home has all my yugioh cards and he is up to date on everything that is out currently.
There are so many good cards out now and the Lightsworn have become better now, well the build I did was awesome! XD

Years
New card:

300px-RedNovaDragonSTBL-EN-UR-1E.jpg

I think this card is awful. My friend got it out in a duel against my zombie deck. He wasted a good few cards on getting it out, and all I did to stop it was summon zombie master, get plagespread Zombie, Syncro into Brionac and sent it back. It can be stopped so many ways.

Years
Red Nova Dragon disagrees with you. With the correct Power deck, that thing will rape you.

But I am sad face at no mention of this card:

Spoiler:

Combine this card with Quickdraw Synchron + 3 Tuningwares or worse Junk Synchron and a max of 4 other monsters to pretty much clear the battlefield and destroy certain cards like oh say Royal Decree.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Once Red Nova Dragon is summoned it's main objective is to destroy, I mean, having it on the field for a long time is suicide, since there are so many horrible stapled cards that can rip through it. Personally I would go for Shooting Star Dragon; it's not that hard to get on the field, plus its sexy, so yeah.

I'll admit Junk Destroyer is a good card, but once summoned Bottomless Trap Hole can take it out, it's effect not being able to activate, thus wasting quite a few monsters. >.<

One card that I think needs a mention is this fella' ;

Spoiler:

This guy is win. His ability to make any "Warrior" monster... I mean, a monster that has "Synchron" as a tuner, it now can tune up in the Chevalier De Fleur, and... well you go ;D

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Mmm, Quickdraw Synchron. The card that started it all. Totally amazing in every way and if you know anything about YGO then you know why.

This card REALLY needs a mention:
PlaguespreaderZombieCSOC-EN-UR-1E.jpg

Circuit

Years
Ah Plaguespreader Zombie, how much we love your versatiality. Such an awesomesauce card :D

How 'bout this guy:
Spoiler:

How much awesomesauce can you fit into a card? ^That much!

Back