• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thought I'd chime in, and say lala has withdrawn his support and redacted all of his themes made for ND. (which basically means that they can't be used for ND.) Didn't seem like you knew so thought i'd peep up.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
This game looks so good so far. I can't wait until it's release or a demo release, etc.

Also, where do you get those tilesets from because I can't find them anywhere and they are so cool looking.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I've tried but can't find anything like them could you send me a link to the tiles via PM? If you can't then I totally understand.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Can you update first post please, I don't like the style it is in either, it's a stupidly small scroll box, I only see the one screenshot, surely you can gather some more... If that is the first town, then it looks okay, maybe put some foliage (bushies, flowers, boulders), brighten it up, make it look pretty, little less spacious, this town, in theory, would be the only town that has little to no people wanderring around, besides residents... 2 buildings, so this is just a col-de-sac (another name for an area with fewer buildings) Towns I believe have a certain trade-mark, Pallet, Oaks Lab, Lavender, Pokémon Tower, Mahogany, Souvenir Shop, Floaroma, Flower Shop, Dewford, Dewford Hall, Lucanosa, can capture Legendary, just outside-ish...

Mapping is pretty good in my opinion though, well done (although I only have the 1 map to go on), just a few flaws with the space and lack of flowers, but nevertheless, good... Like to see MORE progress though, looks like there hasn't been much progress at all.

Storyline: 30%
Maps: 5%
Fakemon: 5%
Trainers: 1%
Over worlds: 1%

Maps are farely easy, I create my maps, and work on them when I get there (i.e. When it comes to eventing on them) Custom or "new", are easy to create, once you get the name, an idea will come, here's a quick example:

Spoiler:

Fakemon, 5%, does this mean, out of 100 planned fakemon, you have, 5? (rough estimate, but you get the idea) That's honestly not any progress, I have 2 in my game, and I didn't plan on having any... And I sprite them myself (which I find extremely hard to do, it's not my strong point)

Trainers, 1%, is this, 1% evented? or again, out of 100 planned, you have created, 1? (rough estimate, but you get the idea) Again, that's not progress, I have about 15 newly created trainers, and I'm working on this game alone, with great help, here and there off the community (but again, I can't sprite for nothing)

I can go on, but, I scouted over the last few comments, and come to the conclusion, there isn't much progress at all, considering the size of your team, you can always ask questions and check with what the community would like to see, and/or, thinks, of an idea you have.

Overall, I think this could have potential and hope this helps a little for your progress.

Last edited:

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Don't worry it is still alive just very quiet.
here's a taste of some more fakemon.

I am also still working on the menus and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back