• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Hey guys, congrats to new shinies.

I'm still going to be away for a while. My nan is still waiting on word when she will be having her surgery, and I'm hoping that its sometime soon.

I have been hunting for various shinies while I've been away from here, but not one of my targets has decided to shine for me. I am working on SRing for shiny Shaymin in my Japanese Platinum, and I started hatching Riolu eggs in my English version yesterday(with a Japanese female Lucario from the GTS, bred with my Cyndaquil(the only Pokemon I had at the time I started xD)). I hope that with whats left of the month that a shiny will appear in one of my games.

See ya later, hopefully when I return I'll have a new shiny to report.

EDIT: Just an update, but this morning I hatched a shiny Riolu in Platinum using the Masuda method. It is a female Jolly Riolu, I was totally shocked when she appeared. My video is on youtube if you want to see it.

Awesome, I actually have a Japanese Riolu on Diamond that I am planning on Masuda'ing with. Congratulations on the Riolu. :D

Yet again, another person with success... ;_; As soon as I catch that Mesprit in Platinum, I'm fully hatching Eggs (I've been hatching on and off in between after I beat the Pokemon League).

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
I made sure to grab a GTS japanese Ditto for my diamond. Currently working on Yanma on my Platinum import and Ekans on my Diamond. I'm planning on breeding for shiny Tropius, Onix and plenty others when I get Ekans. I'll go for Darkrai on my Platinum when Yanma is done.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
My eyes hurt.... I need to go to bed.

I have 4 brand spankin' new shiny Skarmory for those who want to watch they can here, quite a video to watch as it's not your usual capture video...

The chain broke and I'm blaming it on my d-pad. The rubber is very worn down and what should've been left and up was just up and I fell victim to a Golbat.

Thankfully that 4th Skarmory looks grand and 3/4 had the nature I wanted.

I did this on Diamond since I am shackle-free from Magikarp and where I have 54,000 Trainer Card Score..

Doing this, although I did it with Magnet Pull, was ridiculously easy. I got to 37 on the first try and it broke on a patch I thought was safe but had never seen before; and on the 2nd try I got to 40 in about 30,000 steps I guess.

So next I'm going to try a Pokemon on my list that should also be hard.

Speaking of the Masuda Method...

... I've hatched 425 Mudkip eggs and no shiny. Looks like my luck has ran out there but I'm not going to give up on that but I would like to switch targets to something I want more.

I have to go to bed now, my eyes are extremely tired.

Good night everyone

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Spoiler:

I have 4 brand spankin' new shiny Skarmory for those who want to watch they can here, quite a video to watch as it's not your usual capture video...

Spoiler:

Congratulations on the Skarmory. :D

I finally got my first Platinum Shiny Pokemon: Pichu and first Shiny Pokemon since August 2008!! I've been chaining them on Trophy Garden, and it popped up at 4- (no number as i don't have the Poketch App that tells me how many I've chained yet)... x: I actually have caught two, but since only one counts... Still chaining, so I'll post data/final results when it breaks. Also, this was my first ever Shiny Dex entry too, just that I have no pictures of it. ;_;

EDIT: Heh, Chain broke, so I only got two, but one was enough anyways:

Pichu (F), Lv. 21, caught in a Heal Ball, No.4- in the Chain
Modest nature.
Apr. 28, 2009
Trophy Garden
Met at Lv. 21.

Somewhat stubborn.
Likes dry food.

HP: 40
Attack: 22
Defense: 16
Sp. Atk: 24
Sp. Def: 25
Speed: 32
Ability: Static

Moves: Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Nasty Plot.

Pichu (F), Lv. 21, caught in a Luxary Ball, No.4- in the Chain
Brave nature.
Apr. 28, 2009
Trophy Garden
Met at Lv. 21.

Loves to eat.
Likes spicy food.

HP: 45
Attack: 25
Defense: 11
Sp. Atk: 21
Sp. Def: 25
Speed: 27
Ability: Static

Moves: Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Nasty Plot.

Chain broken by a Pikachu (though I should've caught it, might've had a Light Ball... :/

Next hunt is Eevee, my original target for the Trophy Garden, but Pichu appeared first, and then we got this. Afterwards, I will then resume my Charmander hunt, being inspired now. =P

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Congratulations on the Skarmory. :D
Spoiler:

Next hunt is Eevee, my original target for the Trophy Garden, but Pichu appeared first, and then we got this. Afterwards, I will then resume my Charmander hunt, being inspired now. =P

Thanks, congrats to you too, but dear god man, chaining Eevee???? May the force be with you, for sure....

I know some have done it, but to many it's a laughing, painful manner. Someone on my video comments told me I was lucky to have found one in 30 minutes... He finally did, and then got to a chain of 3 and then it broke for no reason.

Trophy Garden specials are held as some of THE hardest Pokemon to chain, so if you come out alive with a completed chain and some shinies, you need to get, like.... well, a trophy.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Thanks, congrats to you too, but dear god man, chaining Eevee???? May the force be with you, for sure....

I know some have done it, but to many it's a laughing, painful manner. Someone on my video comments told me I was lucky to have found one in 30 minutes... He finally did, and then got to a chain of 3 and then it broke for no reason.

Trophy Garden specials are held as some of THE hardest Pokemon to chain, so if you come out alive with a completed chain and some shinies, you need to get, like.... well, a trophy.

(  ̄ω ̄)Can I gets mah Trophy then?

Chain of 14, I got my first Shiny Patch: A Female Eevee (thanks to my Male Clefairy's Cute Charm, or else it would've been Male...), caught on the 4th Luxary Ball.

What's funny is that My first chain did bread on around 21-22 Eevee's, then I read your post, and was all (  ̄Д ̄), and then, boom. :D I'll post the final results for when the chain finally breaks.

EDIT: Chain broken at 21 by a Roselia... But I gots a Shiny Female Eevee. :D

Eevee (F), Lv. 22, caught in a Luxary Ball, No.14 in the Chain
Quirky nature.
Apr. 29, 2009
Trophy Garden
Met at Lv. 22.

Impetuous and silly.
Happily eats anything.

HP: 56
Attack: 31
Defense: 28
Sp. Atk: 27
Sp. Def: 38
Speed: 34
Ability: Adaptability

Moves: Helping Hand, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack.

Though what should I evolve her into: Vaporeon, Espeon, or Glaceon? This is the 4th Pokemon the appear in a low numbered Shiny Patch: the 1st was Abra to be the first in a Chain (which I no longer have), Buizel was the 7th in a Chain, Buneary (F) was the 13th (?) on the Chain, and now Eevee, 14th in a Chain in Platinum, the other three were on Diamond.

And now, with my promise fulfilled, I shall go hatch Charmander Eggs like there is no tomorrow. Good luck everybody.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
(  ̄ω ̄)Can I gets mah Trophy then?
Spoiler:

And now, with my promise fulfilled, I shall go hatch Charmander Eggs like there is no tomorrow. Good luck everybody.

No cuz if you paid attention I said completed chain and that means 40 and you barely got past the halfway point. :P

Congratulations on the Eevee anyways. That is your trophy.
I don't know what to suggest you change it into.

Now hopefully you can get your Charmander.

I'm just piddling a little. I'm chaining in Diamond again but I won't say which Pokemon. :P The chain broke at 16 but I'm already back near that number again. No problem. Maybe it'll work out just like Skarmory.

Good luck everyone

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
No cuz if you paid attention I said completed chain and that means 40 and you barely got past the halfway point. :P

Congratulations on the Eevee anyways. That is your trophy.
I don't know what to suggest you change it into.

Now hopefully you can get your Charmander.

I see... x: XD

Yay!! I gots an Eevee Trophah!! :D

And thanks. ^^

I'm just piddling a little. I'm chaining in Diamond again but I won't say which Pokemon. :P The chain broke at 16 but I'm already back near that number again. No problem. Maybe it'll work out just like Skarmory.

Good luck everyone

Good luck on ???. ^^

And now I have figured out by where I am at so far: 2226 hatched Eggs, making that about 693 Eggs using the Masuda method?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I see... x: XD

Yay!! I gots an Eevee Trophah!! :D

And thanks. ^^

Good luck on ???. ^^

And now I have figured out by where I am at so far: 2226 hatched Eggs, making that about 693 Eggs using the Masuda method?

N/P, thanks.

I've hatched about 500 Mudkips I guess. I got bored earlier and got some SRs in for Latias instead. Not to mention I'm using my original DS to hatch the Mudkips on (since all the others are busy), and that thing feels so huge now. It's kinda a pain and for some reason my hands sweat a lot when using it.

But right now I'm still chaining my target. I haven't had much time to do it since I have to be sitting still in order to do it. And I've been out all day.
And the grass hasn't been very generous either, but I've managed to get it up to 25.

Looks like it's just you and me at the moment. I wonder where everyone else is at?
lol, I've noticed that it's either quiet or bustling here all the time.

I hope to get to at least 30 before I retire to bed for the night.

Years
Looks like it's just you and me at the moment. I wonder where everyone else is at?
I'm here, still watching the thread. I tried posting a couple of times, but I got distracted with other stuff and ended up closing my browser. -.-

I guess the reason it's so slow is because no one's catching anything.

I did catch a whole batch of shiny Nosepass, most of which have beyond crappy IVs. (I caught 16 total, and THREE of them have a 0 HP IV. .__.) I am EVing one of them right now, which is kind of difficult because it gets outsped by Gastlies in the Chateau. (going for a steel trapper set)

Technically, I could count four shiny Nosepass, since I caught them across four separate chains, counting the one I got before, but that's lame so I won't.

I recently picked up a fresh, new female Japanese Turtwig, so Wiggy'll be next on my list to breed. Currently seeking a foreign female Riolu/Lucario for the next one in line. :)

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
N/P, thanks.

[...]

You're welcome.

I'm here, still watching the thread. I tried posting a couple of times, but I got distracted with other stuff and ended up closing my browser. -.-

I guess the reason it's so slow is because no one's catching anything.

I did catch a whole batch of shiny Nosepass, most of which have beyond crappy IVs. (I caught 16 total, and THREE of them have a 0 HP IV. .__.) I am EVing one of them right now, which is kind of difficult because it gets outsped by Gastlies in the Chateau. (going for a steel trapper set)

Technically, I could count four shiny Nosepass, since I caught them across four separate chains, counting the one I got before, but that's lame so I won't.

I recently picked up a fresh, new female Japanese Turtwig, so Wiggy'll be next on my list to breed. Currently seeking a foreign female Riolu/Lucario for the next one in line. :)

Yeah, it's been quiet lately... :/

Congratulations on the many Nosepass. :D

I am currently collecting Foreign Pokemon on my first Diamond game. I've collected quite a few that I plan to hatch for one day. I have a Foreign Riolu in this game, got her(?) quite a while ago. ^_^

I'm by 2343 (810 FM*) hatched Eggs so far...

*FM is Foreign Method.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
This place has been pretty dead recently but I am back now. With no new shinys but I been pretty busy with school work. Exams in less than 2 weeks so am pretty busy. Will be more active around July when they finally over.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to new shinies everyone. Well I guess you all heard that Gold and Silver are being remade :D. Cannot wait to see what new things it will bring. Shiny Lugia, here I come :D.

Since I've been gone, I've hatched another Masuda Method shiny as well as a totally random hatched shiny. I hatched a shiny Absol with the Masuda Method in Diamond, she has a Serious nature, but got Super Luck as her ability.

My totally random shiny was a shiny Mawile. I was hatching for a good IV'd Mawile, so I could use it in my battle team. I was hatching eggs, when my dad called me to help him with something, so I kept my DS on the egg hatching. When I came back and looked at the screen, a shiny Mawile was staring at me :D. She has an Adamant nature, something that shocked me when I saw it, as I figured I'd have a horrible nature on it(like Mild).

Pictures:

Shiny Riolu
Shiny Absol
Shiny Mawile

Well I'll be posting here every now and then again. My nan is still waiting on word on the exact date she'll have her surgery, but we are hopeful that it will be sometime soon. I'm still SRing for shiny Shaymin, but I've slowed down on SRing again. Hopefully I'll be back into the grove of SRing soon.

Last edited:
Years
Wow, that's a lot of shinies, SD, and good job with the Natures on Riolu and Mawile! (Well, Lucario exist in both Physical and Special varieties, so it's kinda hard to get shafted with a nature there, unless it's Lax or something. :P)

I, myself, have worked a Ralts chain to 40 (finally) and harvested seven from it already. I'm going to aim to capture six with Trace with my Modest syncher out, and six males with my Adamant syncher out. I think I'm around two of each right now, so this might be a long chain.

...and HeartGold and SoulSilver versions confirmed!! You know what this means? Shiny Ho-oh time!! ^o^ I might even consider moving my Chikorita hunt there if I haven't gotten her by then for sentimental reasons. =3

Happy hunting.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
This place has been pretty dead recently but I am back now. With no new shinys but I been pretty busy with school work. Exams in less than 2 weeks so am pretty busy. Will be more active around July when they finally over.

Indeed, welcome back. Good luck on those exams.

Congrats to new shinies everyone. Well I guess you all heard that Gold and Silver are being remade :D. Cannot wait to see what new things it will bring. Shiny Lugia, here I come :D.

Since I've been gone, I've hatched another Masuda Method shiny as well as a totally random hatched shiny. I hatched a shiny Absol with the Masuda Method in Diamond, she has a Serious nature, but got Super Luck as her ability.

My totally random shiny was a shiny Mawile. I was hatching for a good IV'd Mawile, so I could use it in my battle team. I was hatching eggs, when my dad called me to help him with something, so I kept my DS on the egg hatching. When I came back and looked at the screen, a shiny Mawile was staring at me :D. She has an Adamant nature, something that shocked me when I saw it, as I figured I'd have a horrible nature on it(like Mild).

Pictures:

Shiny Riolu
Shiny Absol
Shiny Mawile

Well I'll be posting here every now and then again. My nan is still waiting on word on the exact date she'll have her surgery, but we are hopeful that it will be sometime soon. I'm still SRing for shiny Shaymin, but I've slowed down on SRing again. Hopefully I'll be back into the grove of SRing soon.

Oh yeah, I heard. |3 This is wonderful. \o\ lol /o/

And congratulations on those Shinies. :3

Wow, that's a lot of shinies, SD, and good job with the Natures on Riolu and Mawile! (Well, Lucario exist in both Physical and Special varieties, so it's kinda hard to get shafted with a nature there, unless it's Lax or something. :P)

I, myself, have worked a Ralts chain to 40 (finally) and harvested seven from it already. I'm going to aim to capture six with Trace with my Modest syncher out, and six males with my Adamant syncher out. I think I'm around two of each right now, so this might be a long chain.

...and HeartGold and SoulSilver versions confirmed!! You know what this means? Shiny Ho-oh time!! ^o^ I might even consider moving my Chikorita hunt there if I haven't gotten her by then for sentimental reasons. =3

Happy hunting.

Congratulations on the Ralts. :D

And yeah!!! Shiny Gold/Silver Pokemon for the plucking. |3

I'll post my Egg status later...

Years
Hey everyone!

I though that I would return to the club as my last post here was coming up to 2 years ago :O
(17th May 2007).

I have just received the national dex on Platinum, I wanted to take my time with the game and I wanted to soft reset some of the trio's, so that's why it took so long! Haha.

However, this game has seemed to be very lucky for me. I have already encountered 5 shinys in the game.

Here are the pictures from my game to prove their legitimacy:
My First Shiny - Electabuzz
First Shiny, Second Picture - Electabuzz

Second Shiny - Unix
Second Shiny, Second Picture - Unix

Third Shiny - Azelf
Third Shiny, Second Picture - Azelf

Fourth Shiny - Magikarp
Fourth Shiny, Second Picture - Marikarp

Fifth Shiny - Beldum
Fifth Shiny, Second Picture - Beldum

My first was the Electabuzz, he was completely random as I was training up my team before the final gym leader. Pure luck.

Second was Unix. I quiet like Unix, so I decided to soft reset for him =]
Took me a few hours and then he appeared out of the blue, as I had started to forget why I was doing it! XDDDD

Third, again, I soft reset for Azelf. I like this pokemon too, so I though I might as well as I had nothing else better to do. I should have concentrated on the National Dex but meh! XD Again, this one took a few hours.

My fourth, Magikarp, was random once again. I was just wandering around the area, seeing what pokemon I could catch, as I wasn't sure in this game, and he pops up! I only had my big team on me, so it was hard catching him T_T.

My most recent, as you can see, was the beldum from yesterday.
All I wanted was a Adamant, I had hatched AT LEAST 100 of them and couldn't find one single adamant, till this beautiful shiny popped up, and bam, he was a adamant too :D

Interesting couple of weeks for shiny hunting! :D

::::Note::::
Sorry about the picture quality, it isn't the greatest, used my webcam.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Yay! I just got my first hatched shiny using the Masuda Method!

It's a Charmander and it came on the 256th egg, it popped up after I looked at a shiny Pokemon video on YouTube.

I'm glad it came because I'm close to my last box.

Name: Shenron
Nature: Docile
HP: 12 ATK: 6 DEF: 6 SP. ATK:6 SP. DEF: 6 SPD: 6

shenron1.jpg

Nature|Stats

Last edited:
Back