• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy April Fools - My DS isn't broken!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeaaaah, kinda tradition now. Anyways, are you planning to do anything either irl or online this April Fools? If so, share if you are (and details if it relates to irl). Or do you just not care about April Fools at all? And not do anything as a result? Is it a normal day to you? Either way, discusss :D

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
onoes!
Spoiler:

ok you got me I'll admit it

but yeah I love april fools. Tradition is tradition, and in like 5 hours the hatred against me will reach new heights, just you wait ;D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
In the UK, the tradition is that April Fools' Day only lasts until midday for some weird reason. Although I never really DO anything for April Fools', it's always nice either being fooled myself - I was veeeeeeeery gullible when I was younger, and still am to a certain extent - or to watch other people be suckered in to believing the new iPad has 3D technology or something else daft.

I just like getting up in the morning, going online, and seeing how long it is before I realise what day it is!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
I'm not that fond of it... Though I did find some cruel amusement in ruining pranks others were trying to pull.

Like in my 6th grade class there was someone who's birthday was April 1st.... so the teacher tried to prank us.... with her help. My nose has always been pretty sensitive scent-wise... And the teacher tried to say we weren't getting lunch due to recent events (and those recent events? well let's just say it woulda made sense were it not illegal) and I smelled something...
"They're bringing pizza because it's someone's birthday."
As if on cue.... that happened. I headdesked, and everyone else was torn at being happy about the food or mad at me for ruining it.

I don't do that anymore, but it's pretty hard to prank me. XD

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I like April fools day because it's fun.

IRL most probably, but I'll likely pull a prank on one of my Best friends.

Online, that's kind of hard to do and I don't want anything going out of hand. So, no for online pranks.

Pinch punch first day of the month. No returns ;D

Years
I don't do anything for this day irl because no one I know has the right sense of humor to appreciate it. I've always wanted to take a rubber band on put it on one of those hand held sprayer things some sinks have and wait for someone to turn on the faucet, but I never remember to except when I'm somewhere that doesn't have one of those things. :|

blue

gucci
Years
I just tell jokes or set some pranks now and then throughout the day, it's the tradition right? :)

I just tell some lies or set some pranks now and then throughout the day, it's the tradition right? :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I prefer Poisson D'avril over April Fools personally. Ever since I learned about it in French, I just thought it was better. -slaps a fish on everyone's back- :) But I hate AFD honestly. I've had some really rude pranks pulled on me in the past that just ruined the whole thing for me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I hate April Fool's. I don't like how far people take it. There's a point in which what you're doing has evolved beyond "this is a funny prank" to "this is outright rude"...maybe you cross the line when you conspire with someone else to pretend that you got someone pregnant, which happened last year with a guy I liked. I just can't stand pranks.

Years
In the UK, the tradition is that April Fools' Day only lasts until midday for some weird reason. Although I never really DO anything for April Fools', it's always nice either being fooled myself - I was veeeeeeeery gullible when I was younger, and still am to a certain extent - or to watch other people be suckered in to believing the new iPad has 3D technology or something else daft.

I just like getting up in the morning, going online, and seeing how long it is before I realise what day it is!

Yep, and if you pull a prank on someone after noon, the you are considered the fool!

I don't really do anything for April Fools day, it is just a normal day for me.​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't do anything for April Fools. The most interesting part of the day is what happens here, haha...

Gunn

horror resident
Years
Last year my friends tricked me into watching Twilight. It was really stupid how they pulled it off, but they did.

They happen to be stopping by this afternoon, so hmmmm.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I usually don't do anything on April Fools Day, and I tend to become much more skeptical during this day as well as if I wasn't skeptical enough. I'm just too lazy and I'm not really the type to be pranking anyone, really.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Probably not. I've grown out of April fool's already. So, not this year. I'll just check the forum pranks...if it's happening anywhere this year.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
April Fools Day isn't that much fun anymore. It was fun when I was in middle school when I fooled my friends about a giant kangaroo coming to school (literally, they took it seriously lol). But now, it's just a normal day like no other.

So, no. I don't plan to do anything on April 1...

Years
I'll probably try my best to be online and join in the craziness.

Anther forum I go too has one of the best things planned that I've seen in a while...

Spoiler:

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
Anyways, are you planning to do anything either irl or online this April Fools?
My friends and I made a chocolate fudge cake with a whole bottle of laxative last night and we're going to bring it to school and sneak it into others' lunch. ^____^

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
My sister's birthday is on April Fool's so I always end up doing something for her. ;)

(and by that I mean unscrewing all of the bolts on her bed so when she assumes I forgot and goes to lay down at night her bed collapses :B)

Back