• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Hide Deleted Posts

Years
Would it be possible to add a checkbox option in the User CP that toggles the visibility of hidden posts? I think it would be cool, and wouldn't cause any issues so long as its set to show them by default.

Years
I never understood why we were able to see them in the first place. They don't really serve a purpose, just like deleted threads and we aren't able to see them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
As far as I know the reason they're kept is for reference at later dates and I'd assume the reason they're visible is so that if a member's post was deleted, they'd know why, or other members will know not to make the same mistakes, but that's just a guess haha. At any rate I don't see any harm in making them hidden since they can make a thread look kinda ugly, so I'd support this yeah. I do think it's important to keep your own deleted posts visible though for the reason above :3

Years
Yeah, that's why I said it should be on by default, so you'd know why you don't know why your post was deleted and would know how to find out if you were interested (i.e turn hidden deleted posts off). Really badly worded sentence, sorry.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sounds like a good idea to me, I definitely don't see any reason not to.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Ehhh. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea as long as users can see when their own posts are deleted, although quite often when users delete their own posts they prefer to leave a reason why for other members or for staff to read. I don't think it's enough of an issue to bother hiding deleted posts, especially when I think that users absolutely must be able to (not even that - have to imo) see when their own posts are deleted and I don't know how easy it'd be to make a plugin which shows only that. If it's not much effort then sure, but otherwise I don't think it's important enough.

The distinction between deleted posts and deleted threads, by the way, is that threads are very rarely deleted and when they are, it's normally because it's an adbot or a totally unacceptable thread for one reason or another. Posts are a lot less serious.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
It's just so you can tell your post was deleted and you don't end up posting the same thing again, thinking it didn't show up the first time.

I'll make the modification later tonight to only display your own deleted posts instead of all of them.
Thank you for doing this! I hate seeing threads cluttered with "This post has been deleted by pokimon4lyflol. Reason: lol whoops shudnt hav dun that". It makes the thread look messy and you become curious as to why it was deleted, especially when no reason is given (or the reason is extremely vague).

Honest

Hi!
Years
I think it's a brilliant idea, as long as the option for it to be turned off is there. Personally, I don't mind seeing them. But I can see how others don't like the boxes' presence.

Back