• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Mindy in SnowPoint City

Years
On a scale of 1-10, how much did you wanna smack her when she hit you with that Everstone Haunter? Crushing your dreams of a single-player obtained Gengar and making you regret that you spent 10 minutes in Mt. Coronet catching a Medicham?

Not speaking from experience of course.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
10. Fuck Mindy.

She's the biggest troll in Pokemon, ever. If they make Diamond and Pearl remakes, I hope her trade just isn't available anymore.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today

I was actually using a Medicham in my team. So glad I decided not to go through with the trade, it would have been infuriating.

In response to @Palamon, I do hope they keep the trade. Just simply remove the everstone. It could still be a nice way to receive a Gengar.

Years
I hated her (9), but I also thought it was kind of funny in its own right. At least it was a Medicham and not something unobtainable in the wild like Riolu.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the remake they gave you Gengar. I mean, Gen 6 gave you Mega Lucario and the Latis well before the 7th gym.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Thankfully I have two DS systems and three Gen 4 games at hand, so I don't hate her as much as others do. I barely ever use in-game trades anyway, mostly because of the crappy nicknames.

Years
I hated her (9), but I also thought it was kind of funny in its own right. At least it was a Medicham and not something unobtainable in the wild like Riolu.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the remake they gave you Gengar. I mean, Gen 6 gave you Mega Lucario and the Latis well before the 7th gym.

Goodness I need to get to playing ORAS pronto.

Thankfully I have two DS systems and three Gen 4 games at hand, so I don't hate her as much as others do. I barely ever use in-game trades anyway, mostly because of the crappy nicknames.

True but Gaspar's actually pretty dope ngl.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Then-0, Now-10
Pearl was my first Pokemon game and I did not know that some Pokemon evolved upon trading. So when I got a Haunter, with an everstone, I was like, "Oh cool, I got a free item!". Two years later I realised I had been pranked, and I was not at all pleased with it.
True but Gaspar's actually pretty dope ngl.
Yeah, I liked that nickname.

I really wanted Haunter so I caught a Medicham with my Master Ball for the trade.

Years
I have a 3DS and an original DS and I have all of the Gen 4 games so it's never bothered me in the slightest. I solemnly do trades with NPCs anyways.

Years
Ah, one of the lucky ones who could afford more than one console/game. Us plebs just had to suffer sadly...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Oh yeah, when I just had the one DS and Diamond, this irritated me to no end

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 1, 2022
Gaspar is apparently the Haunter holding the Everstone. If you don't want to evolve your Pokémon, I'd say the Everstone is fine. Mindy apparently didn't want us to receive a Gengar.

Last edited:
Years
0, I think Mindy is a delightful npc. Granted, I never personally did this trade because I barely talk to NPCs, unless they're central characters to the plot, and by the time I even knew about this trainer I also knew that Gaspard held an everstone, so never pursued the trade. But I still like the idea of the character because I enjoy someone with a sense of humor.

In her defense, she always said she was trading you a Haunter! Players looking to get rich quick assumed it would become a Gengar, but she never said anything of the sort :) At least Medicham is found right in the grassy area by the city. If she was asking for say your Cresselia it would be more diabolical.

Last edited:
Back