• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 69
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
Hi! Great Hack! But I have 2 questions. First about citra cheats/codes. Which one will be working? Second, my game freezes when i try to select sth from my bag (town map, item). WHat should I do with this? Thanks for helping :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi! Great Hack! But I have 2 questions. First about citra cheats/codes. Which one will be working? Second, my game freezes when i try to select sth from my bag (town map, item). WHat should I do with this? Thanks for helping :)
Thanks! Cheats should all work as long as they're designed to work without the title update (the official update that makes the game version 1.5) for the game. I've never used any though, so I'm not 100% sure on that. Does the bag work in your clean version of the game? The hack shouldn't be able to break it like that.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 21, 2020
Hey I'm back again. I continued my journey through pokemon Wilting Y with everything working perfectly.
At some point i wanted to use a torkoal on the team and leveled him up quite a lot. I accidentally gave him a move and I thought i could just get rid of it by going to the move relearner. The weird thing is that everytime I try to teach torkoal a move, my game crashes. It doesn't matter which move. I tried relearning some moves with other pokemon as well and they were totally fine. The other weird thing is that when I went back to my home menu, the sound got really shitty which didn't seem that good. Luckily, I turned it off and right now it's good again but I hope there is something that can be done about the crash.

BTW: I forgot to get the full crash information and eventhough I'd want you to get all of the information, I also don't wanna ruin my 2ds. If you really need it, ofc i'll try to get the crash again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey I'm back again. I continued my journey through pokemon Wilting Y with everything working perfect.
At some point i wanted to use a torkoal on the team and leveled him up quite a lot. I accidentally gave him a move and I thought i could just get rid of it by going to the move relearner. The weird thing is that everytime I try to teach torkoal a move, my game crashes. It doesn't matter which move. I tried relearning some moves with other pokemon as well and they were totally fine. The other weird thing is that when I went back to my home menu, the sound got really shitty which didn't seem that good. Luckily, I turned it off and right now it's good again but I hope there is something that can be done about the crash.

BTW: I forgot to get the full crash information and eventhough I'd want you to get all of the information, I also don't wanna ruin my 2ds. If you really need it, ofc i'll try to get the crash again.
Hey, I know exactly what causes that, so no need to get the crash information for me. The move reminder crashes if a Pokemon has more than 25 level up moves, and Torkoal currently has 26, so that'll be the problem.

Thanks for reporting this! It's an easy fix so I'll get it sorted now.

EDIT: Fix is up now!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hey, I know exactly what causes that, so no need to get the crash information for me. The move reminder crashes if a Pokemon has more than 25 level up moves, and Torkoal currently has 26, so that'll be the problem.

Thanks for reporting this! It's an easy fix so I'll get it sorted now.

EDIT: Fix is up now!

What move did Torkoal lose? Also, you didn't update the topic title.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
What move did Torkoal lose? Also, you didn't update the topic title.
Just the level 1 Shell Smash; it still gets it at 48 and the move reminder is pretty late in the game, so it shouldn't make a difference in most cases.

And oops, thanks for pointing that out!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 27, 2020
Hello, thanks for making such a great hack rom, it's my first time playing X and I absolutely love it.
I was hunting a Yveltal on Route 21 and Pokemon there, according to the Wild Pokemon guide, should be level 65-67; legendary Pokemon should be two level higher so, in this case, Yveltal should be level 69 but I found one who was 68, you may have to look into it.
I took a screenshot but sadly I cannot link it as I have a new account.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello, thanks for making such a great hack rom, it's my first time playing X and I absolutely love it.
I was hunting a Yveltal on Route 21 and Pokemon there, according to the Wild Pokemon guide, should be level 65-67; legendary Pokemon should be two level higher so, in this case, Yveltal should be level 69 but I found one who was 68, you may have to look into it.
I took a screenshot but sadly I cannot link it as I have a new account.
Hey, happy to hear you're enjoying the hack! Thanks for letting me know about Yveltal issue; no need for a screenshot as I can see it's the wrong level in the wild encounter data. I'll get that fixed next time I update the game.

Rrenzo.g

Rrenzo.gg
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 23, 2020
Hi mr buffel, I'm currently 8 hours into your hack and I'm enjoying every minute of it. It's actually my first time playing the XY games and I'm glad I started with your rom hack first! It may not seem much coming from an internet stranger and I certainly have no idea how much effort you put into your work but I really appreciate what you do and I hope you find more success in modding and irl!

I'm playing the Rebalanced ver (love it!) with the wild pokemon encounters deleted. I understand why people love it but the amount of pokemon i may encounter is kind of overwhelming lol and i also want to play the game without changing too much from the base game, if that makes sense. I want to limit the my team and wild pokemon to its original regional dex.

This has probably been asked before but I'm wondering if you can also revert the changes made to the pokemart? similar to deleting the files for wild encounters. Second, is it possible to update the game to v1.5?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi mr buffel, I'm currently 8 hours into your hack and I'm enjoying every minute of it. It's actually my first time playing the XY games and I'm glad I started with your rom hack first! It may not seem much coming from an internet stranger and I certainly have no idea how much effort you put into your work but I really appreciate what you do and I hope you find more success in modding and irl!

I'm playing the Rebalanced ver (love it!) with the wild pokemon encounters deleted. I understand why people love it but the amount of pokemon i may encounter is kind of overwhelming lol and i also want to play the game without changing too much from the base game, if that makes sense. I want to limit the my team and wild pokemon to its original regional dex.

This has probably been asked before but I'm wondering if you can also revert the changes made to the pokemart? similar to deleting the files for wild encounters. Second, is it possible to update the game to v1.5?

Many thanks!
Hey, thanks for the kind words! I always appreciate any kind of feedback on my hacks.

You can revert the mart changes, but they're in the code.ips file which also contains the TM changes, so just deleting it will break all the TMs that were replaced (they'll teach the old moves, but will have the compatibility data of the new TMs, if that makes sense). Updating the game to 1.5 is possible, but will also break the TMs; the "code" file in the update doesn't work with the "code" file in the hack, so it has to be deleted for the update to work. You'll also need to delete the DllField.cro file, which contains things like gift Pokemon and special encounters (e.g. fossils, the legendary birds and starters). A few people have tried getting the update to work with the hack, but no one has managed to get it 100% working.

Rrenzo.g

Rrenzo.gg
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 23, 2020
Hi mr buffel, thank you for responding!

That sounds a lot of work. I only wanted the 1.5 update so I could remove the black outlines with an ar code and revert the mart changes so I can still think that I'm playing the base game xd. It's a weird preference of mine. lol

Your work is still great! I'm actually starting over so I can limit my team around pokemons that can be found in the base game. Looking forward to finishing it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi mr buffel, thank you for responding!

That sounds a lot of work. I only wanted the 1.5 update so I could remove the black outlines with an ar code and revert the mart changes so I can still think that I'm playing the base game xd. It's a weird preference of mine. lol

Your work is still great! I'm actually starting over so I can limit my team around pokemons that can be found in the base game. Looking forward to finishing it!

No worries! There are no outlines codes/patches for un-updated versions of ORAS and USUM, might be possible to find one for XY too. Hope you enjoy the rest of the hack!

Years
Since Citra has just officially released on Play Store and the author has not yet giving an instruction to install the hacks on Android so I thought I would give a little explanation on how to install assuming that you don't have a pc (You still need a clean copy of Pokemon X and/or Y):
1. Open the app at least one and accept any permissions required
2. There should be a folder named "citra-emu" on your internal storage
3. Inside the folder above, create a folder named "load"; then inside the "load" folder, create a folder named "mods"
4. Download the hack at the first post (EX or WY), and extract it somewhere
5. Inside extracted folder, open Game Files/[Your desired version of the hack]/luma/titles, copy the folder inside it to the mods folder in step 3
6. Final result should be:
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055E00/... (if Wilting Y)
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055D00/... (if Eternal X)
7. Open the clean rom you downloaded, choose English and check if the title screen show the right name of the hacks

To install optional Viola Nerf, simply copy the "a" folder from "Viola Nerf" to "romfs" folder inside the folder at step 6 (replace if prompt)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Since Citra has just officially released on Play Store and the author has not yet giving an instruction to install the hacks on Android so I thought I would give a little explanation on how to install assuming that you don't have a pc (You still need a clean copy of Pokemon X and/or Y):
1. Open the app at least one and accept any permissions required
2. There should be a folder named "citra-emu" on your internal storage
3. Inside the folder above, create a folder named "load"; then inside the "load" folder, create a folder named "mods"
4. Download the hack at the first post (EX or WY), and extract it somewhere
5. Inside extracted folder, open Game Files/[Your desired version of the hack]/luma/titles, copy the folder inside it to the mods folder in step 3
6. Final result should be:
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055E00/... (if Wilting Y)
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055D00/... (if Eternal X)
7. Open the clean rom you downloaded, choose English and check if the title screen show the right name of the hacks

To install optional Viola Nerf, simply copy the "a" folder from "Viola Nerf" to "romfs" folder inside the folder at step 6 (replace if prompt)
Hey thanks for sharing that! I'll whip up another install guide for Android users based on the steps you've listed here.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Next gr8 hack (I started Photonic Sun yesterday) :>>>

I'm using 2.65 Rebalanced+Insanity and... I have one problem...In "Pokemon Changes.pdf" i see Loppuny Abilities: Scrappy but:1. is Cute Charm 2. is Klutz HA is is Limber...
Did i do something wrong?

edit: Nvm, i fixed it with ability capsule =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Hi Buffel, I wanted to suggest something that annoyed me in my first playthrough:

What do you think about removing legendaries from the Pokemon Village and put them through the game? With the 1% and two levels above trick, I think it's a method a bit more clean than the one it's in the game. And I think there are enough maps to put them. Or at least a lot of them, even in the initial routs.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Next gr8 hack (I started Photonic Sun yesterday) :>>>

I'm using 2.65 Rebalanced+Insanity and... I have one problem...In "Pokemon Changes.pdf" i see Loppuny Abilities: Scrappy but:1. is Cute Charm 2. is Klutz HA is is Limber...
Did i do something wrong?

edit: Nvm, i fixed it with ability capsule =)
Was it showing up that way in pkhex? Shouldn't be an issue in game, but pkhex can't read base stats from your save file, so it won't recognize the hack's changes.
Hi Buffel, I wanted to suggest something that annoyed me in my first playthrough:

What do you think about removing legendaries from the Pokemon Village and put them through the game? With the 1% and two levels above trick, I think it's a method a bit more clean than the one it's in the game. And I think there are enough maps to put them. Or at least a lot of them, even in the initial routs.
Hi James! Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I could at least spread them out a bit, and it's not like putting Regirock in the badlands or Articuno in Azure bay would break the game. Will add that to the list of things to do for version 3.0.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Was it showing up that way in pkhex? Shouldn't be an issue in game, but pkhex can't read base stats from your save file, so it won't recognize the hack's changes.

Yes - eggs/pokemons added/edited in PkHex are like in stock game but ability capsule/evolution fix wrong ability. Lvl up/evolution fix wrong stats. All clear.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 27, 2020
I've basically finished the entire game so I thought I could leave a small review for this hack rom.
I played the Insanity Rebalanced 2.65 Version and I thoroughly enjoyed it, actual hard battles are very fun, hunting for the right nature and Pokemon stats now makes sense for PvE, not just for PvP.
Despite that I think the difficulty is unbalanced, it took me 5 hours to get through the first gym while all the other major duels were fun and, most importantly, very fair.
I also think putting legendaries in hordes is extremely annoying as you cannot use the repel trick and you have to spam sweet scent, getting a pokemon with the right nature would take ages like this and it's even worse when the other pokemons have abilities that stall you out for one minute before you can run away; similarly other legendary and mythical pokemon could be more spread out throughout the Kalos region.
Great hack overall but it has some quirks that could be ironed out :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've basically finished the entire game so I thought I could leave a small review for this hack rom.
I played the Insanity Rebalanced 2.65 Version and I thoroughly enjoyed it, actual hard battles are very fun, hunting for the right nature and Pokemon stats now makes sense for PvE, not just for PvP.
Despite that I think the difficulty is unbalanced, it took me 5 hours to get through the first gym while all the other major duels were fun and, most importantly, very fair.
I also think putting legendaries in hordes is extremely annoying as you cannot use the repel trick and you have to spam sweet scent, getting a pokemon with the right nature would take ages like this and it's even worse when the other pokemons have abilities that stall you out for one minute before you can run away; similarly other legendary and mythical pokemon could be more spread out throughout the Kalos region.
Great hack overall but it has some quirks that could be ironed out :)

Hey, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the hack. The entire game was supposed to be unbalanced on Insanity, but you can also trivialize the Viola battle with the trade Farfetch'd or by buying one of the TMs in the Santalune Pokecenter (Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Smack Down and Incinerate are each compatible with at least one of the starters). Quilladin can also sweep most of her team with Rollout and an X attack. Glad you enjoyed the rest of it though!

Yeah, spreading out the legendaries a bit more is on the to do list. I'm not sure if there'll be enough space to get all of them out of hordes, but I'll try. I'd much rather get the Hoopa ring model from ORAS and have them all be one time encounters, but don't know how doable that is.

Back