• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
As requested by many, battle animations within the starter kit are little to none. i have finally arranged all the battle animations into usable rmxp sheets. (i didn't use animmaker.exe, sorry poccil. i couldnt' understand how to use it) as someone else requested, i also ripped all the doors from leaf green and arranged them rmxp style. the link to all this is right here. the battle animations that i currently have finished will be uploaded slowly, but surely. any help finishing these animations will be greatly appearated. if used, credit is expected.

*EDIT*
i almost forgot that the battle animations (.anm files) will require the battle animation sheets that i provided.

partyghoul2000 - your awesome. thanks for the great work

now for my question. if i where to export the tilesheet from an older version of the starter kit that i have went through and set the passibality settings and imported them (after deleting the tilesin new one) into the recent one would i still have to reset the passbilty settings.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2008
Hello guys, this is my first post here. This forum is very cool, like the Starter Kit.
I have a question, i dont know if it was questioneted already.
When i created my fourth map and, in the game, tryed to enter in it, a message appears: "Doesn't found the fith map" (something like this), it is strange, becaus its my fourth map, so i go do the data fouder, duplicated the fourth map and named as the fith map, then i entered the game, and when i enter in the map, it was raining and appears the name of the map, know, i want to know, how i disable this things that appears. And i want to know more two things, how to appear the name of the map in the top of the screen when i enter the map, and how to connect two maps.

Sorry about my poor english! I'm brasilian.

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
does anyone know how to automatically raise a pokemons lvl? ( want to make an event where pikachu's lvl goes up.)

that depends, if you have a self switch activated in the event, or an erase event in it, then yes, it only happens once, but if not, then no, you should be able to repeat the event.

This is what it looks like:
ineedhelp-2.jpg

I'm not a scripter guy so I have no idea...

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
Hello guys, this is my first post here. This forum is very cool, like the Starter Kit.
I have a question, i dont know if it was questioneted already.
When i created my fourth map and, in the game, tryed to enter in it, a message appears: "Doesn't found the fith map" (something like this), it is strange, becaus its my fourth map, so i go do the data fouder, duplicated the fourth map and named as the fith map, then i entered the game, and when i enter in the map, it was raining and appears the name of the map, know, i want to know, how i disable this things that appears. And i want to know more two things, how to appear the name of the map in the top of the screen when i enter the map, and how to connect two maps.

Before anyone bashes you for not reading the notes.html because your last two answers are in notes.html

and for your first question are you using the lastes pokemon starter kit (released july10th) also did you delete any maps from the starter kit?

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2008
Before anyone bashes you for not reading the notes.html because your last two answers are in notes.html

and for your first question are you using the lastes pokemon starter kit (released july10th) also did you delete any maps from the starter kit?

Sorry about that and yes, i am using the latest starter kit. I will try a thing here, after i come back here, if i have any more questions.
Thanks!

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I added gary's house but when you try to go to his bedroom it gets this error:
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Game_Map*:50:in `load_data'
Game_Map*:50:in `setup'
PokemonMap:714:in `getMap'
PokemonMap:847:in `setMapsInRange'
PokemonMap:841:in `each'
PokemonMap:841:in `setMapsInRange'
Resolution*:13 :in `display_x='
Game_Map*:67:in `setup'
PokemonMap:662:in `setup'
Scene_Map:216:in `transfer_player'

Oh and can anyone help fix my other problem please? Thanks everyone...

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I added gary's house but when you try to go to his bedroom it gets this error:

Oh and can anyone help fix my other problem please? Thanks everyone...

go to your connections.txt in the PBS folder, open it up and delete everything and save it. that should fix all the "map not found" problems.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Ive noticed the last 3 or 4 people who have complained about a MAPS ERROR, eveytime it says 'MAP05' is the problem. Mabey there is a connection in this....?

Years
Ive noticed the last 3 or 4 people who have complained about a MAPS ERROR, eveytime it says 'MAP05' is the problem. Mabey there is a connection in this....?

Yes there is a "connection" to this. The problem is that he deleted all of the maps from the game, but the connections.txt file in the PBS folder still has MAP05 connected to the map he is on. Deleting everything in the connections.txt file will fix his error.... Is this in the Notes file? If it is not, it should be placed in bold font and be the first thing on the list!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I have two extremely urgent questions related to the Bag. These need to be answered as soon as possible please.

Question 1: Which part of the PokemonBag script do I edit to make the text saying the name of the part of the bag that's open e.g 'Pokeballs, Items, Key Items etc. black? It's currently white, but I need it to be black like the rest of the text in the textbox.

Question 2: In the text box in the bag screen, six items appear on the screen at a time. I only need five though, and this makes the screen look weird. What part of PokemonBag to I edit to change this?

Here's a screenshot to help you understand both questions better.

capture001bn4.png

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
i believe that there might be an error in the PokemonTrainer script. i've been starting to add trainers to my game and it hasn't really been working. i entered in the basic comments for it to work, the event name is Trainer(5) and it's set at event touch and it doesn't seem to do anything. these are the exact settings i used the last time i made a trainer, so there's gotta be an error somewhere. >.>

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I have two extremely urgent questions related to the Bag. These need to be answered as soon as possible please.

Question 1: Which part of the PokemonBag script do I edit to make the text saying the name of the part of the bag that's open e.g 'Pokeballs, Items, Key Items etc. black? It's currently white, but I need it to be black like the rest of the text in the textbox.

Question 2: In the text box in the bag screen, six items appear on the screen at a time. I only need five though, and this makes the screen look weird. What part of PokemonBag to I edit to change this?

Here's a screenshot to help you understand both questions better.

capture001bn4.png

I'd be so grateful if anyone could answer either of these two question as soon as possible - the demo of Pokémon Scarlet is set to come out tomorrow and I need to fix these problems very quickly.

Atomic Reactor

Well for the six item thing, why don't you just edit the bag screen, so the selection menu is further down? (the white space)

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
For the white text, i think it's either lines 443 and 444 or lines 451 and 452 in the Pokemon Bag script.

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Thanks partyghoul. But now you can get to the map but you can walk through walls:
iarehelp.jpg

The things in green are the things you can walk on. Not including the T.V or stack of books. The tags are set to X's but it still won't work... Please help...

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
For the white text, i think it's either lines 443 and 444 or lines 451 and 452 in the Pokemon Bag script.

OK, thanks.. do you know what exactly I replace it with though?

Well for the six item thing, why don't you just edit the bag screen, so the selection menu is further down? (the white space)

For quite a lot of reasons :P

I need to know how to make it 5 items, and I can't edit it.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Could someone attach the DP battle backgrounds and bases if it's not already attached here?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back