• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you stand out?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Do you feel comfortable like this? Or would you prefer others to notice you more?: I wish people would notice me more because they don't come to talk to me; I come to talk to them.

• What do you think it is that makes you too "plain" to stand out?: I think that it's because I hang out on my own all the time.
  • Has it ever caused trouble to you?:Not really, though I wish I could hang out with others for an extended amount of time.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
I stand out somewhat because part of my hair is green and I like wearing graphic tees (mostly video game related). When I don't feel like standing out, I just wear black but then my hair contrasts with it more so it fails, bahaha. In the street, I stand out mostly because of my big dog. People love staring at dogs apparently o.O

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I STAND OUT BECAUSE IM INCREDIBLY UGLY AND THEY ALL LAUGH AND THROW PEANUTS AT ME BECAUSE I AM THE ELEPHANT MAN

I wouldn't say I'm unnoticed, but I think I'm one of those people who more or less blends in with people and the society around them. I remember being popular (term loosely used) for a month after I gave a rather impressing speech to my school about a year ago, but nowadays I'm just the 'tall guy'. To be honest, I've never handled attention well. I like compliments, but if I were to be put under the spotlight that some celebrities (most famously Britney Spears and Michael Jackson) were put under, I'd probably die of stress. So I guess it's better for me to be a background person.

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
Do you stand out?
I do indeed.

Do you enjoy standing out? Would you prefer not being noticed so much?
I've honestly stopped noticing...I've always stood out, I think it'd be weird for me now if I didn't. There are times when I wish people would stop staring at me, but I've grown accustomed to it and just ignore it now.
What is it that makes you noticeable to others?
My hair and dress style. I have long, horrendously curly ginger hair that goes all over the place if I don't tie it back, and I usually go out in a trenchcoat, regardless of what the weather is doing. The elderly notice me because they love my hair, the younger people notice me because I'm a prime target for insults.

Has it ever caused trouble to you?

Not really. I've had insults thrown my way, and I'd attribute my standing out in part to the expectations to do well that were put on me during childhood to do well (perhaps I was smarter than average through school, but certainly not through University or now) but I coped with it.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
I stand out because I'm taller than tons of ppl (in HK at least) aaand the way I dress I guess? Idk but standing out haven't caused me any trouble yet ='D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Do you stand out? Unfortunately, yes.
Do you enjoy standing out? Would you prefer not being noticed so much? Nope. Hence the "unfortunately". I would love if people didn't stare at me so much.
What is it that makes you noticeable to others? Well the fact that I'm always alone, which is really uncommon at my school. (not sure how it is anywhere else.) And the way I dress too.
Has it ever caused trouble to you? (standing out, I mean) Well it makes me really self conscious, to a point where I can get really stressed out about it.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Do you enjoy standing out? Would you prefer not being noticed so much? I'm one of the more popular kids in school, so yes. I don't mind being noticed a lot.
What is it that makes you noticeable to others? My height and my british accent (though it's somewhat less severe than it was several years ago)
Has it ever caused trouble to you? (standing out, I mean) Only on the internet.

Back