• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discussions and Debates

Years
Be Objective & Balanced
When making threads in D&D, you should be making threads with the intent of creating a nice, broad, and long discussion.

This is one of the rules for the titled sector. I've been feeling recently that this needs to stand out more (not necessarily be enforced more) because I've been seeing these threads crop up where there's very little room for discussion because the general conclusion that the majority (if not all) of the people would come to is essentially the same damn thing.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305461

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305195

Those are two examples though the latter isn't so bad I guess. But to me all that happens is that everyone goes and pours their hate (I'm exaggerating but you get the idea) into the party that pretty much everyone thinks is in the wrong. I just don't really see the point in it to be honest, I'd much rather see topics with a degree of controversy that would then allow for, you know, proper debates and discussions to take place. I mean sure, I can play the devil's advocate for those threads above but do you really want me to do that? Really?

Honest

Hi!
Years
I mean, even if the everyone has the same feelings towards a topic, isn't it still possible to create discussion about it? Like how to remedy the situation, or something like that?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Perhaps it would help if, rather than just posting information and commenting, the OP poses some questions with it?

That way people are more likely to put forward their ideas, rather than repeating other people.

For example, in the first thread, questions like "Should there be more warnings with repossession?" "What do you think the bank owes this woman?" "How would this affect your life if it happened to you?"

IMO that would help stimulate more conversation and debate.

Years
Yes, the topic of the threads might be kind of, well, dumb, but it doesn't break any rules really. And to be fair, you can only ask so many questions when that's the topic. The OP should just include some more background information or ask more in-depth questions like what Swify mentioned. I suppose I could crack down on that, but I don't think closing/locking threads like that because they don't ask enough questions or "didn't stoke the fire" would be counterintuitive.

And if you took the time to notice, [supporter]Scarf[/supporter] did just that, and broadened the topic some more. So there.

Last edited:
Back