• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I do the E4. Over 100k cash without the OPower for prize money and good experience using the XP OPower. Credits are easy to get past, when it starts scrolling, hold A and it speeds up. Just be sure to have a flyer with you.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2014
Is it Lv.1? EVs determine stat gains upon levelling up, so you won't notice any difference on a Lv.1 Pokemon. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not 100% sure :P

Nope. Its now a level 17 Charmeleon and I'm training its Speed and its speed is 33 and I added 12 EVs into it and noticed nothing increased, even though the Super Training chart says otherwise the actual stats are not increasing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Nope. Its now a level 17 Charmeleon and I'm training its Speed and its speed is 33 and I added 12 EVs into it and noticed nothing increased, even though the Super Training chart says otherwise the actual stats are not increasing.

Ah, I've realised the answer to your problem. You get one extra stat point for every four EVs at Lv.100. A Pokemon on a low level will need more EVs before you notice any stat increases. Even 12 is probably not enough.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
The ONLY problem with this method.... ROLL CREDITS at the end

In previous generations the game was automatically saved after your team is registered in the Hall of Fame, so you could soft reset to skip the credits and when you loaded the game again you'd be back in your room. I'm not sure if this is still the case in X and Y, but I would expect so.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2014
Yeah, that was a legendary bird encounter. It's fairly rare, and annoyingly it will flee every time before you have a chance to do anything. But now that you've already seen it once, you can track its location on your Pokedex. Once you bump into it 12 times, it will appear in the Sea Spirit's Den, where you can battle it properly.

Yeah I had a go at chasing it but by the time I got to its location, it had moved again. Any useful hints on tracking it down?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yeah I had a go at chasing it but by the time I got to its location, it had moved again. Any useful hints on tracking it down?
Like R/S/E, the Pokedex tracks down the location of the roaming legends. It moves if you Fly to a new location or if you can't get to the legend's location fast enough.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Can someone explain to me briefly about IVs and Natures? (I understand there is an article on Bulbapedia about IVs but a brief explanation would be easier for me)
I was told that to have a "perfect IV" Pokemon the values (Sp.Atk, Speed etc) have to all be 31... but wouldn't this be a bit pointless considering these values increase as the Pokemon levels? Or do all the values have to have equal numbers or add up to a certain number or something? -confused-

You can't see IVs (individual values); these are hidden numbers that are generated when you breed the Pokemon or catch it in the wild. There's one value for each stat, ranging from 0 to 31. They don't change as the Pokemon levels up, they are just added to the Pokemon's stats, the numbers you see in the Pokemon's page. Basically a Pokemon will have higher stats the higher his IVs; for example a level 50 Pikachu with a value of 31 in Sp. Atk. will have a higher Sp. Atk. stat that a level 50 Pikachu with only 10 in Sp. Atk.

Again, you can't see IVs, they are hidden. You can go to the Kiloude City and ask the IV judge there; his ratings have been explained earlier in this trade many times :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
In previous generations the game was automatically saved after your team is registered in the Hall of Fame, so you could soft reset to skip the credits and when you loaded the game again you'd be back in your room. I'm not sure if this is still the case in X and Y, but I would expect so.
It is. Unless you beat it for the first time, in which case you have to face AZ again, but that's probably irrelevant.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016

PlatinumDude pretty much covered all that can be said. It's pretty hard to chase down, and very frustrating. I gave up purposefully chasing it after about an hour of trying. Instead I went around catching all the other Pokemon I needed to complete the Kalos Dex, and I ended up bumping into it 12 times through doing that. So my advice, as ridiculous as it sounds: let it come to you :P Unless you have the patience to run around after it all day.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Possible dumb question..... I have a level 100 mawile that I need to reconfigure the EVs for. If I use a reset bag and rebuild him EV wise, will it have any effect, or will I need a new mawile?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 10, 2014
Hey there,

I am in the process of Breeding dragon pokemon and wondered what is the best nature for Dragon pokemon?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Possible dumb question..... I have a level 100 mawile that I need to reconfigure the EVs for. If I use a reset bag and rebuild him EV wise, will it have any effect, or will I need a new mawile?

Yes, you can use the Reset Bag and retrain your Mawile, because the stats will be recalculated at the end of each battle, so the new EVs will be applied.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hey there,

I am in the process of Breeding dragon pokemon and wondered what is the best nature for Dragon pokemon?

Depends on the Dragon Pokemon. What are you currently breeding/plan to breed?

1stOfSeptember

The Oncoming Storm
Years
I Just Bred A Ralts With 6 Perfect IVs. Now What?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here so I hope that this is the right place to post my question. Just recently finished Pokemon X and luckily enough I received a Male Ralts with 5 perfect IVs with only Spd missing through a wonder trade. I ended up breeding that with the female Ralts that Diantha trades. It took me about three hours and 3 boxes to get my ideal Ralts but it was worth it.

A Modest Female Ralts with Synchronize and 6 perfect IVs.

Now, what do I do? Do I EV train this? Can I just Super Train this with my chosen stats? Do I just normally go through training and leveling and ignore EV training and super training?

How do each of them really affect the Ralts since I still don't fully understand the end result of EV training other than higher stats.

Please help, I really don't know where to go from here.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
When is pokebank coming out? Has it already been released in countries other than America because I see people with extremly rare pokemon which I don't recall being able to get without pokebank.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
When is pokebank coming out? Has it already been released in countries other than America because I see people with extremly rare pokemon which I don't recall being able to get without pokebank.

The new release date for American/European Poke Bank hasn't been announced yet. It's best that you wait until the Pokemon Company and/or Nintendo announce it.

Fabe Franco

PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)
Years
What you do naturally depends on your preferences. You will get your EV's regardless, but if you want to specialize your PKMN (which is recommended), EV-training in particular stats is essential.

What I usually do is to either get a lot of Pokemiles through wonder trading and thus use them through mileage club (you get twice as many rare candies there!). I spend them on rare candies and give them to the bred PKMN. After the level 90-gain, I usually start EV training.

But you can start whenever you want, really.

Franco

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
What you do naturally depends on your preferences. You will get your EV's regardless, but if you want to specialize your PKMN (which is recommended), EV-training in particular stats is essential.

What I usually do is to either get a lot of Pokemiles through wonder trading and thus use them through mileage club (you get twice as many rare candies there!). I spend them on rare candies and give them to the bred PKMN. After the level 90-gain, I usually start EV training.

But you can start whenever you want, really.

Franco

I thought you lost stat points or EVs or something when you used rare candies? I don't know, maybe I read something wrong. But I've always stuck to the 'Defeat as many trainers and the Elite Four over and over and over again until I have Level 100 Pokemon' Method, so I'm biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back