• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your preferred method of eyesight..

What's your preferred method of corrective eyesight?

• Total voters
Years
Out of curiosity for those who don't have 20-20 vision, how do you prefer to see through corrective vision? Glasses? Contact lenses? Fixed surgery (Lasik as an example)? Personally, I think it's better for me to have glasses since my eyes tend to flinch a lot, and because of that, I don't think I could deal with having lasik surgery or even getting contacts.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Glasses, since it's the only thing I've tried. Surgery is costly, and I don't like the idea of sticking my finger at my eye everyday. Besides, I look good with glasses, though I need a new pair.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I prefer to use my glasses over surgery any day the thought ofsurgery just makes me nervous. I'll stick with my glasses to correctmy vision.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
I prefer contacts, but lol I am stuck with glasses because allergies. I'd honestly prefer to have surgery, but that's not an option now. Glasses are terrible and I hate that I have to wear them.

Years
I prefer glasses, as it's what I'm used to and contacts made my eyes really dry. Lasik scares the bejeezus out of me - have you heard those stories about people who get Lasik and their vision becomes all funky and psychedelic? Ugh, no way.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Id prefer not to have any lasik surgery. Id probably use contacts if I had a choice, I do not like glasses( Ive had them before when I was younger, stopped wearing them because they were no longer needed)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I currently wear glasses; they're very easy to use, IMO. Contacts are way too hard to put on; I'm afraid I might damage my eyes further when I try to put them on.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Glasses, because I can't put contacts in for **** and the thought of eye surgery makes me queasy.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Glasses all the way. Contacts are nice like once a month but other than that they're too much of a hassle.

I look better with glasses anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've heard horror stories where people got surgery and then could never drive at night because headlights of oncoming cars looked like stars exploding on the road and made it impossible to see. So laser surgery scares me.

I have contacts but I mostly use glasses now. I'm lazy and don't feel like doing the washing thing every single day with contacts. I think I look better without glasses though, haha.

Years
Glasses! I love they way I look in them. 8) Can't afford surgery and the idea of putting contacts on my eyes squicks me.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
Glasses. Laser surgery isn't that appealing when the spectacles I am wearing now are good enough to do the job already. I also stay away from contacts because my eyes are sensitive enough as is and the idea of applying something directly on them puts me off.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Glasses! I love glasses, I think they're super sexy so I have no trouble wearing them and I love them on other people :).

I have considered laser surgery, but not now that Toujours has scared me out of my mind lmao

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I wear glasses. My prescription is pretty weak (it's just my right eye that has some trouble seeing things at a bit of a distance) but it's enough that I just wear my glasses all the time. They're relatively new (haven't even had them a year yet) but I'm used to them. Everyone always used to tell me that glasses were a pain and that I was lucky to have 20/20 vision when I was younger--all my friends made the effort to wear contacts because they hated glasses so much so I always dreaded the idea of my eyesight wearing down.

Now, I'm kind of phobic of eyes. I'm hesitant to describe it that way because phobias aren't something to be taken lightly and it's 100% self-diagnosed, of course, but it's the easiest way I have to refer to it. I really hate eyes. I can't really look at one for long and I get physically ill when I visit an optometrist. I get nauseous when I think of contact lenses and I once had to leave a high school physics class once when we covered the unit on Optics--and that wasn't even solely about eyes! My friends made fun of me enough about putting contacts in and taking them out that I can stand to be in the same room as them when they do it, now--and sometimes I can even listen to them talk about contact lenses when I'm in the room (though I still have to cover my ears occasionally and if they're doing something with the lenses, I have to turn away the whole time). So lenses, no matter how annoying glasses might get in the future, are definitely out.

And laser correction? I had a small cyst of sorts on my eyelid once. It was purely a cosmetic flaw but I wanted to get it taken off because I could sort of see it in my peripheral vision and it got irritated fairly easily when I rubbed my eyes. I believe it was removed by laser and that was one of the worst months of my life. The procedure took all of 60 seconds but I was nauseous and ill for an entire month after that. Nothing even touched my eye! So I can't even imagine what I'd be like if I got laser eye surgery. I'd probably be sick from the psychological aftermath (lol) for a year. Luckily my eyesight is still good enough that the idea of permanent correction is just silly. XD;

So yeah, people were lying. Glasses are great. I even kind of prefer how I look in them so there's really no reason whatsoever for me to choose any other method of correction.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
My vision is horrid. I've only ever had glasses, and it's all I ever want, really. I don't like the idea of contacts...yikes...and surgery, well, ehh I dunno. Sometimes my dad says I should try contacts or get the laser surgery someday, so I "never have to wear glasses ever again!" ...But I actually like wearing my glasses, and I think I look better in them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't need imperfect eyes to know I'd prefer glasses. I've always thought contacts were rather pretentious as people tend to wear them on formal occasions, implying that glasses are somehow usightly.

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Contacts. I love my contacts. I've been wearing glasses the last 6 months or so because I used my last pair of contacts and I've been too lazy to schedule an optometrist appointment. I don't mind wearing my glasses during the day, but if I want to fall asleep watching TV or a movie it makes it hard...so I end up getting frustrated and taking my glasses off and turning the TV off. XD

Years
Presently, I prefer glasses, but laser eye surgery is something I'll probably seriously consider in the next 10 years, seeing as the pair currently on my head are worth just over $500.

I gave contacts a try back when I was 15, but that did not work out at all, because my reflexes would cause me to flinch violently whenever the contact got close to my eye.

Back