• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
would there be a program where i can just edit one? and if not thats ok,my friend came up with an idea lol and ty on XSE program version

And i tried that and usetd the same code and i got this
Too less parameters on line 4. The correct number is 2
i have no number on line four

"#dynamic 0x2DD103

#org @start
message @pointer
callstd 0x3
end

#org @hello
= You are here
release
end

#org @talk1"

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
I believe you have corrupted the start up data. Also, never change warp properties for floor tiles that are going to be used often. If a tile is used often, and you can warp on it, there will be a second tile which looks exactly like it that has warp properties.

From the script where you get talk to Cielo, it looks like the Rainbow Pass will get you anywhere, so remove the tri-pass and add the Rainbow Pass. It also appears as though flag 846 adds the extra pages to the town map.
I also tried this but nothing more advice?
Thanks anyway for trying. I appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
I changed the message to msgbox and it allowed em to save and i put in the offset into advanced map but it doesnt stay the same nore does it open my file with the offset "2DD103"
And will i have to put the RBC files INTO the rom?
like put them into the files or will compiling put them in without the file or somethign lol cuz idk if that would be needed to give it out for others to play
and how would you edit the credits and opening files or just take me out

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I also tried this but nothing more advice?
Thanks anyway for trying. I appreciate it.

While I am looking for some more information, go to http://thethethethesromhacking.weebly.com/resources.html and download HackMew's script dumps. By searching through them (every script in the game) you might learn something.

Edit: After searching through the script dumps I found that you gain access to the next set of islands when you:

-turn in the ruby
-turn in the tri-pass
-get the rainbow pass
-setflag 0x846

When you get the ruby originally, no flag is set, so it isn't like not having the ruby would cause any problems. This is the most information I have.

Last edited:

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
I've searched through the tutorials section and didn't find anything specific for it, but do any of you happen to know how to change the Pokemon cry on Fire Red's title screen?

EDIT---- i've found a program with a bit of googling that solves this problem.

for those that need it, here it is: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138775

_

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Hate be rude but does anyone have an answer to my question and problem?

"
I changed the message to msgbox and it allowed em to save and i put in the offset into advanced map but it doesnt stay the same nore does it open my file with the offset "2DD103"
like put them into the files or will compiling put them in without the file or somethign lol cuz idk if that would be needed to give it out for others to play
"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Well, I'm no spriter... so when I needed 6 sprites ADDED to the game I asked for some help from some more qualified people...
they said increasing the number of sprites was impossible, or they just couldnt do it...

I really hate being told something cant be done (especially when i want it done)

so I found a nice tutorial on how to do it... ok... it might have been nice if I knew stuff... but I know nothing... it was very hard to follow (it skipped things I "should" have known... but I did not know them)

anyhoo...

this is how close ive gotten
Sprites.png

so i have successfully added 6 new sprites (increasing the total from 153-159)

but I cant figure out how to edit just 1 sprite palette... it seems multiple sprites use the same palette and I cant find any blank palettes to fill with my new colors...

so does anyone know how to edit just 1 sprites palette?

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2015
How would I go about changing the shiny random battle rate in Pokemon Emerald to 1/256 ?? I've looked everywhere and cant find any information on it! :(

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
While I am looking for some more information, go to http://thethethethesromhacking.weebly.com/resources.html and download HackMew's script dumps. By searching through them (every script in the game) you might learn something.

Edit: After searching through the script dumps I found that you gain access to the next set of islands when you:

-turn in the ruby
-turn in the tri-pass
-get the rainbow pass
-setflag 0x846

When you get the ruby originally, no flag is set, so it isn't like not having the ruby would cause any problems. This is the most information I have.
Ok, thanks I'll try it. If you can get more information I would ask you to tell me.

karatekid552

Years
Well, I'm no spriter... so when I needed 6 sprites ADDED to the game I asked for some help from some more qualified people...
they said increasing the number of sprites was impossible, or they just couldnt do it...

I really hate being told something cant be done (especially when i want it done)

so I found a nice tutorial on how to do it... ok... it might have been nice if I knew stuff... but I know nothing... it was very hard to follow (it skipped things I "should" have known... but I did not know them)

anyhoo...

this is how close ive gotten
Sprites.png

so i have successfully added 6 new sprites (increasing the total from 153-159)

but I cant figure out how to edit just 1 sprite palette... it seems multiple sprites use the same palette and I cant find any blank palettes to fill with my new colors...

so does anyone know how to edit just 1 sprites palette?

Repoint the pallete table and expand it. This will need to be done with a hex editor.Then you can select your new palletes and edit them in NSE Classic or OWERE. (NSE is far better, same interface, just upgraded) You cam find the location of the pallete table in one of the ini files.

Each pallete is set-up like "pointer(4bytes)-pallete number(1byte, very important that they are all different!)-11-00-00"

Ok, thanks I'll try it. If you can get more information I would ask you to tell me.

That is all I have, sorry.

How would I go about changing the shiny random battle rate in Pokemon Emerald to 1/256 ?? I've looked everywhere and cant find any information on it! :(

This involves ASM to do it right. However, you can cheat by using Shinyizer on your rom and creating a bunch of script tiles that are:

#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
setvar 0x8003 0x1
end

Every time you step on one of these tiles, the next pokemon you see will be shiny:).

Hate be rude but does anyone have an answer to my question and problem?

"
"

I am having some trouble understanding what you are trying to say. Could you please be a little clearer?

I don't know anything about credits, however the opening "files" like copyright and such, are just simple images you cam find in Un-Lz. You will need to be good at editing tile maps to do them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Repoint the pallete table and expand it. This will need to be done with a hex editor.Then you can select your new palletes and edit them in NSE Classic or OWERE. (NSE is far better, same interface, just upgraded) You cam find the location of the pallete table in one of the ini files.

Each pallete is set-up like "pointer(4bytes)-pallete number(1byte, very important that they are all different!)-11-00-00"

That is all I have, sorry.

OK, this I understand...
I found the palette table... I know what I need to add to it... but I dont know how to repoint it...
the palette table offset is - 083A5158 so its pointer would look like - 58513A08

there are 3 offsets in the rom that have that pointer:
0805f4d8
0805f570
0805f5c8

which one could be the real pointer (or are all 3?)

they are all close to eachother...

UPDATE:
ok so turns out its all 3 of those... if they all are not changed you get a black map...

but there seems to be a max limit on palettes you can have...
I am adding 6 palettes... lets call them A,B,C,D,E, and F (added in that order)
A works fine for the poke, but changes the players colors to be messed up
B works fine when not on screen with A
C works fine when not on screen with A or D
D works fine when not on screen with A or C
E does not do anything
F does not do anything

I have tried changing the palette number of A (from 20 to 26) and it had no effect

I feel like I need to know how many paletts are in the game so I can search for a bit of that number then raise that number by 6 (although I likely only need to raise it by 2 because only 2 dont work)

I still cant figure out that is wrong with Palette A tho, its messing everything up...

it only hurts when it on the same map... so if I put a sprite with that palette in viridian city... and start in pallat town.. im fine until I walk into viridian city... then I change to neon... ten if I go into the pokecenter im fine again... till I walk back outside....

Last edited:

95gemello7

MrGarroz
Years
I'm trying to do a new animation for Giga Impact and I would like to know a thing: can I use the animation that in battle show the Pokémon when eating a berry? And where can I find it?

karatekid552

Years
OK, this I understand...
I found the palette table... I know what I need to add to it... but I dont know how to repoint it...
the palette table offset is - 083A5158 so its pointer would look like - 58513A08

there are 3 offsets in the rom that have that pointer:
0805f4d8
0805f570
0805f5c8

which one could be the real pointer (or are all 3?)

they are all close to eachother...

All three, i noticed that JPAN changed them all in his hack, so you should too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
All three, i noticed that JPAN changed them all in his hack, so you should too.

yeah I got (see update)

I may have to download his hack just to see what else he changed... I know his has room for like 256 palettes.. so he woulda put an FF in the palette limit byte... so ill just have to hunt FFs that are not in mine... (in that general area)

OK
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275160
that thread has some good info ;)
it explains why my sprites messed with eachother... and my main character... and as long as I dont put em on the same map I shouldnt have any issues...
it gave a good fix that made my last 2 palettes show up..

but I still cant keep my first palette from jacking up my main character...

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
yeah I got (see update)

I may have to download his hack just to see what else he changed... I know his has room for like 256 palettes.. so he woulda put an FF in the palette limit byte... so ill just have to hunt FFs that are not in mine... (in that general area)

OK
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275160
that thread has some good info ;)
it explains why my sprites messed with eachother... and my main character... and as long as I dont put em on the same map I shouldnt have any issues...
it gave a good fix that made my last 2 palettes show up..

but I still cant keep my first palette from jacking up my main character...

What do you mean? I know that there is a max on the amount of ow pallets you can have on screen at once. But pallete 00 shouldn't be affected if that sprite isn't on screen.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
What do you mean? I know that there is a max on the amount of ow pallets you can have on screen at once. But pallete 00 shouldn't be affected if that sprite isn't on screen.

I agree... it shouldnt...

but Palette 20 or 26 or whatever palette I have on my jirachi sprite turns pallet 00 to match it... so the player has jirachi colors...

but only when im on that map... it goes back to regular 00 colors after I warp...

But insteade of trying to resolve the issue... and since its only jurachi... Im going to play it into my story... im going to make the player go into a surreal room to catch jurachi (probably just a black room, black floor black walls, nothing but a door and a jirachi and the player all funny colored.... itll be odd... like earthbound

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
I changed the Script to where it will Accept it, and i get an offset with free space but when i paste the offset code, in plave of the 0s in the "0x00000..." it changes, and it wont stick to the one i chose.
In Advacned map.

And i was also asking,lets say i distrubte the rom for free like planned. And other people download just the GBA file im editing straight through instead of a patch, Would i have to keep the Saved RBC files with the scripts or does hitting compile in XSE save them into the rom without needing the external RBC files?

And thank you on the last question :3

Years
How do I get these hacks on my psp? I am aware some people do it, but there is not a turtorial on how to do it in the turtorial section. Can who knows how make a tutorial on it or post a link to were this question has been answered? I'm am aware google is my friend btw, but this is a toughie!

karatekid552

Years
I agree... it shouldnt...

but Palette 20 or 26 or whatever palette I have on my jirachi sprite turns pallet 00 to match it... so the player has jirachi colors...

but only when im on that map... it goes back to regular 00 colors after I warp...

But insteade of trying to resolve the issue... and since its only jurachi... Im going to play it into my story... im going to make the player go into a surreal room to catch jurachi (probably just a black room, black floor black walls, nothing but a door and a jirachi and the player all funny colored.... itll be odd... like earthbound

That is weird. But incase you want to know, I have a theory. I think both pallets are the same, they are in the same location, just two different headers that point to the same thing. That's my theory. ButI like how you are improvising, that is key to having a good life:). MacGyver all the way!!!!

How do I get these hacks on my psp? I am aware some people do it, but there is not a turtorial on how to do it in the turtorial section. Can who knows how make a tutorial on it or post a link to were this question has been answered? I'm am aware google is my friend btw, but this is a toughie!

Learn how to create the game by patching a rom. It is super simple. Then, find an emulator for your psp, install it, and put the games on it from your computer. I personally play hacks on my iPod, so it shouldn't be too different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back