• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I keep encountering a strange bug where the battle music will get stuck disabling all in game music. Saving the game will cause it to freeze. Playing on John GBA.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Please, add Flare Blitz to the game before the updated emerald engine, it's the last thing that doesn't makes the game perfect for me...

Years
v1.912

The 1.912 update is made for players who wish to challenge the Battle Frontier with IV/EV trained Pokemon. Everything that was added is found within the building behind the Pokemon Center. Here's what's new:

El7JJ24.png

New Stat Judge
The new stat judge will go through a selected Pokemon's IVs one-by-one before giving an overall assessment. He replaces the Legendary Breeder, who is now located inside the Day Care at Route 117.

f4BWWJt.png

EV Checker
The EV checker will go through a selcted Pokemon's EVs in the same manner as the new stat judge. Selecting "Info" on the EV Checker and Stat Judge's option boxes will give the player a brief rundown on EVs and IVs respectively (because why not?).

HUB0qnV.png

Hyper Trainer
Last but not least, the Hyper Trainer will train a selected Pokemon to perfect IVs at the cost of three Heart Scales. (Not intended to be a recreation of Gen 7's Hyper Trainer as I have not played any of the Gen 7 games)

It took--a lot--of scripting and debugging to get these three to function smoothly and efficiently, but it was well-worth it in the end. I have intended to add IV/EV checking and Hyper Training to the Battle Frontier quite some time now, and it feels amazing to finally have them completed. Enjoy!

EDIT: Pushed v1.912 with further improvements in dialogue and script execution

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Just wanna ask if the newly updated version has higher difficulty.
Nope. The difficulty is more or less identical to v1.8

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 10, 2018
Hi, DraconianWing! ty for the amazing hack rom :)
you said the sprites would be the last thing u gonna change, but, but, why not the first? :DD
I played a hack rom recently and the sprites are perfect(Dinisk H.rom), fired red rom based, sprite platinum.
can u add those sprites in emerald rom? Thank you in advance.

Dinisk rom with the sprites:
showthread.php?t=405443

takyon

Villain
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
I played a hack rom recently and the sprites are perfect(Dinisk H.rom), fired red rom based, sprite platinum.
can u add those sprites in emerald rom? Thank you in advance.

Not only are those sprites noticably worse, but since its in firered they don't even move like they do in sigma emerald. The sprites are fine as is.

Not to mention its absolutely unreasonable to ask someone to redo the entire sprite list all over again just because of a preference of platinum over hgss sprites (which are the same)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 27, 2018
Although progress with incorporating the new battle engine is currently on hold, I've been at work with making some minor tweaks with Sigma Emerald. The wait for the completion of the disassembly provides (very) plenty of time to refine what is present before adding more new stuff into the game. Upcoming changes will include minor wild encounter tweaks as well as music changes in a few areas.

I have addressed this concern for the next update. Wild Unown will be found in the inner portion of the Sealed Chamber (after the player uses Dig) and gives the chance for all variants to be caught :)

Thanks for the clarifications. I'll try looking further into the issue with this move, though the bug merely slows down the gameplay.

1. A challenge mode will be considered once the project is finished. It'll be tough trying to maintain two different branches whenever there are new features to be added.

2. Will be easier with the new engine, as there will be less of a need to add new routines into the ROM individually.

3. The plan is to add cross-gen evolutions and keep everything else as-is. (and rearrange the Pokedex accordingly)

4. Like #2 and #3, will be more seamless to implement once the new battle engine is here.

You might want to consult Tlachtli regarding this, as he was the one who fixed the PRNG in Sigma Emerald.

Specifics please?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: v1.9 has been uploaded, bringing updated cries consistent with Gen 6 onward. Refer to the changelog for the full list of changes.

Additionally, the encounter sheet has been updated with the latest tweaks to the locations of each Pokemon (wild, event, and in-game trade)

Around route 112-113 when you get off Slateport theres a few trainers with voltorbs with soundproof. It seems to block all attacks even ones like roar,toxic. So it 's impossible to kill.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 29, 2022
The game crashes anytime a volbeat is appears or is supposed to be sent out by a trainer.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Great hack! I think its really good idea to update just mechanics without bringing all new generations in 3rd gen. Looking forward for new versions. Would be cool to get tactician scizor and poison heal breloom in 3rd game pokemons. Maybe with toxic and other orbs.

On a side note - I think it would be better to return cacoon pokemons in Petalburg woods. Since final evolution of wurple is dependent on "invisible" stats, it become hard to get both of them for pokedex.

P.S. Sturdy is still pre 5 gen mechanics, right?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned in the Bugs Section.
If your pok?mon levels up with the experience obtained by catching a pok?mon, the pok?dex screen that shows up if you caught said pok?mon for the very first time looks screwed up.
d3fkmaW.png

EDIT: Pretty sure this is Deoxys' triangle.
P4ZaDq1.gif

EDIT2: "encounter guide.txt" is incomplete/not entirely reliable. Nuzleaf can appear in Route 114, yet the document doesn't say so.
FFMITXs.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
I'm having trouble patching the latest version... It is giving me a checksum error when I go to patch it....

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
If you're using NUPS Patcher, make sure to set "If file is invalid" to "Ignore".
If you're using Tsukuyomi, make sure to check "Bypass checksum validation"

So I was finally able to patch it. The only is I now have is cause I'm planning on applying a moemon patch to it I want to change the genders around but none of the pokemon editing programs want to open sigma emerald at all... From what I've gathered I need to edit the ini file to get it to work but I have no clue on how....

Back