• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Detective Pikachu] Will you be watching?

Years
The Detective Pikachu movie is currently in theaters in Japan as of this post, and will be releasing on the big screen in other countries later this week. Does anyone plan to watch?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Me and a group of people from work will be going to see it on Friday when it comes out.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I said awhile back I'd give it strong consideration. I'm inclined to go see it but not right now. Got a cold I want to get over first so maybe I'll wait until next week(perhaps Tuesday seeing as its discount day).

Years
oh definitely!! also got my sister to want to watch it when I showed her that ryan reynolds is pikachu.

I fear that it won't be that good, though :( i hope it proves me wrong

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yup! Already cleared my schedule for a Friday date night with my fiancé and Detective Pikachu! Y'all know I gotta go for the chance of a commemorative card, hehe.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
It looks like a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably see it this Saturday with my girlfriend.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Hmm maybe, i already watched the 2014 TMNT movie, i think it's better than DBE.

BTW anyone know what eeveelutions are is this movie other than Flareon?

Update

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Made tentative plans to see it with two friends. :D Maybe on the weekend or maybe next week, not sure yet, but definitely soon!!

I'm still scared Cherrim might be in it because honestly I hate a lot of the designs (why is Pikachu fuzzy! mice are sleek!) and if Cherrim gets uglified I will cry for weeks but... well. We'll see. I'm really excited to just see it for the worldbuilding and general art design. I love the shots of the cities where you can see all the signage and people living together with Pokémon. I'm really, really excited to see all the evidence of people and Pokémon living in harmony. It's gonna be so neat. :D

Last edited:

Kolar™

Banned
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Yes, but not in the theatre. I am an Esport player, and there is a tournament going on right now. I am a substitute at that tournament. So, i will find a way to watch it, on my mobile (if there is any).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
i'll probably be seeing it some time next week hopefully? or the week after whenever my brother and sibling get back from arizona since apparently i ought to wait for them (even though i'm not going to arizona how is that fair. :( )

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yup! I'll see it on Friday night :D:D::DD so hyped!! The trailers have been awesome, I've really loved the music they used, and all the pokémon look as good as we could ever hope for!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
Watching?

Me and a friend are full invested in convincing our local DnD group that on Saturday we shall go watch Detective Pikachu rather than Avengers: Endgame. And if there are any sort of bonuses / prizes for showing you are a Pokémon fan, I have a plushie to take with me.

Back