• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are Shiny Pokemon becoming easier to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I hacked the Shining Charm into my game and it hasn't kicked in yet, getting pretty bored of exploring.

Exactly.
It doesnt make shinies common or much easier to get. It just makes the chance less cruel. And considering its the reward for catching every single pokemon..... No /thread.

Zozma

I'm a blur
Years
Is it getting easier? I've never even encountered a shiny before and I've never hatched one, despite my attempts. So even if it's "easier," it's still been next to impossible for me. One day, shiny Abra. One day.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I think so while still being very rare. The only 2 shiny pokemon I've ever seen are Torkoal and Budew(and I didn't have any pokeballs on me. Dang). There so many pokemon whose shiny forms I love, but had given up hope of ever getting them. With the Shiny Charm, I'm actually going to have a real chance for once instead of hoping I get lucky or hacking the game(which I'm terrible at and not going to risk crashing it for).

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
as a shiny hunter who has received 3 shinys from Random Encounter i can state that this charm personally for me is useless as i hate egg hatching and meta game hunting but others will definitely want to ger this and to be honest the pokerader's 1/60 is much higher, i feel this charm is for B/W gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back