• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
Bayern walking the Bundesliga as expected. Dortmund didn't help themselves by continually dropping points left and right, though.

Years
And with Lewa on the way to Bayern the period of actual competition in the Bundesliga is over for a while once again.

How many losses at OT will it take for Moyes to be sacked? It's becoming an embarrassment for United now.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I hope he gets sacked tomorrow and Norwich replace Hughton with him.

He'll still be in his job come the end of the season.

Years
Woohoo! Sunderland are leading... will finish on 19th today if they hold on to a win, and West Ham draw.

Years
And with Lewa on the way to Bayern the period of actual competition in the Bundesliga is over for a while once again.

How many losses at OT will it take for Moyes to be sacked? It's becoming an embarrassment for United now.

With the players they have, United should be playing better. Watching them playing recently makes me drowsy.

I'm liking the development of Ki sung yueng at Sunderland, though. He's coped well after some scandal with our former national team manager. Not sure why Swansea let him go on loan.

Edit: As I type this United scores 2 goals in second half so far after a very poor first half.

Last edited:
Years
Well West Ham went on to win and get out of the relegation zone, but Crystal Palace lost and ended at the bottom. Sunderland will somehow survive I think...

Years
Massive Premier League fan. Following Liverpool for more then a decade, they're my passion. If anyone here is a LFC fan, feel free to pm or chat. We're coming back to the Champions League!

Teams I dislike: Chelsea, PSG and Monaco.
Teams I like/ have sympathy for: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Celtic, Napoli, Dortmund, Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Stoke City(after today).

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Looks like Norwich are about to sign Jonas Gutierrez.
Spoiler:

Years
Every Liverpool fan I know seems to dislike Chelsea, not that I mind because I hate Chelsea.

Anyways can't wait until Bundesliga starts up next week. Monchengladbach will be a difficult away for Bayern.

As for United, who I watch from time to time, they had awful season especially at home so far but I still expect them to bounce back. If they don't they could be going down the route of AC Milan. I used to have sympathy for them but now I just watch them as a neutral after Park Ji Sung left.

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
My favorite team is Manchester united. And i don't watch football much.. But yeah i play some PC games of it. BUT I LIKE FIFA !!!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Another crap performance against a poor Fulham side. Can't defend, can't score, can't do anything. Hughton will keep his job though because HE IS ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN FOOTBALL. Seriously, he could bend Delia over a table in front of MWJ and still be the manager of Norwich.

Years
Another crap performance against a poor Fulham side. Can't defend, can't score, can't do anything. Hughton will keep his job though because HE IS ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN FOOTBALL. Seriously, he could bend Delia over a table in front of MWJ and still be the manager of Norwich.

Well I felt sad when he was unfairly sacked at Newcastle. He hadn't done anything wrong then. I hope he keeps his job, he'll atleast make sure Norwich don't get relegated.

Years

I feel kind of sorry. I though Cardiff was gonna be better /:

Last edited:
Years
Not so sure about that mate.

I think Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Fulham will be relegated. Sunderland will somehow survive.
Norwich are also in danger though and the upcoming fixtures don't look very promising. 3 points at Cardiff next month will prove to be very helpful.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Basically Norwich have to get clear of the relegation zone before the last 4 games where they play Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. This is one of the reasons Norwich fans are so worried about being just above the bottom 3, well that and a lot of awful performances.

Our CEO gave a radio interview the other day and reading between the lines it seems Hughton has been given a 2 game ultimatum. Lose against Hull and he'll go. Draw and he'll have to win against Newcastle I'd expect.

Years
Basically Norwich have to get clear of the relegation zone before the last 4 games where they play Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Whoa I didn't realise that. Getting any points off them might be difficult although you might get a lucky win at Old Trafford :P There's more important home games against Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom and away games to Cardiff, West Ham and Swansea. Norwich will have to win atleast 3 and draw the rest to be safe. They can't afford to give away 3 points to other relegation threatened sides.

What a great game!! Sunderland almost stole 3 points there. Definitely surviving.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Yet again Hughton wins when he absolutely needs to. Hopefully that result can be the turning point in our season.

Also nice to see Pilks back from his injury. Him and Tettey coming back in certainly makes me more confident of survival.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
We were 15 minutes away from breaking Barcelona's streak of 58 weeks at the top of La Liga but alas, we had to concede the first penalty since 2012 and stay level with them for the umpteenth week.

Worst news are that Madrid are now just 1 point behind us. I honestly hope we throw the Cup away because it's useless effort.

Back