• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you still play games of the Fourth Generation?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I still have HGSS and Iwill pick them up every now and then solely because I like the walking feature ssoooo much. If the new gen brings the follow me feature back, then it'll be a long, loong time before I pick them up again.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Pretty straightforward. With Generation VI approaching and arriving in October, Generation IV becomes yet another step closer to relative extinction. My question to you is, will you pick these games up every now and then and play them after Gen VI is out? Or, will you ditch them completely?

Of course I'd pick them up. I always need a dose of nostalgia, so I crack open my old games and start playing them, so for sure, I'll be playing these games soon enough.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Of course, I play with them! I always hunt legendaries (not kill them of course, you know what.) when I finish the game. I still can't capture Uxie for a reason in my Platinum xD. Not only that, but HG/SS is my favorite game. Trying to have all legendaries I can in HG/SS and the Pokemon follows you! Who doesn't like that? So yes, I play D/P/PT and HG/SS. ;)

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Yep, I am still playing Soul Silver. After this, I'd play Platinum. Although I'm speeding things up for Plat because I just want Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
Yes, because the storyline of the silver/gold games is my favorite one, and I always go back to it.

Years
Well I do Monotype Challenges on a daily basis (one badge per day usually), so I play the games daily.

I don't think I will stop playing the games, I still play FireRed and Emerald every few days and they're even more outdated than Gen IV

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I've played through my Diamond thrice; I haven't upgraded to a 3DS or played any generations after generation IV.

As someone who has played the games from the absolute beginning of Pokémon (in North America at least; started playing Pokémon Blue at the age of six!) the D/P/Pl generation was relatively disappointing compared to the certain magic I felt when playing generations one through three. After playing Diamond the first time thorugh I felt that Gamefreak had sold out a great deal with the fourth generation and thereafter to make the games easier for a younger generation of kids. Granted this is where all the money was to be found, but I still felt to a certain degree betrayed. Diamond was almost too easy. It's entirely possible I've just outgrown the familiar game mechanics and I lack the patience I once had to stare at a screen for hours on end.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I really enjoyed playing DPP and HGSS so even with the 6th generation games getting closer to being released I'll still play those games every now and then. Unless they remake them I don't see why I would stop playing any game from the 4th gen.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I wont ditch worth gen maily becuz i have boxes full of strong pokemon on them plus there still good games with kool story lines

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
Years
I'm glad to see that there are still so many fans of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. In my opinion it is one of the best generations and it would be a damned shame if people gave up on it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
I only picked up HG for the first time two days ago so im going to be playing that for a good while. when thats over ill try one of the DPP games and then on to the Black and White series 1 and 2. I dont think ill be through all of those by the time gen 6 is out anyway ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I just bought Platinum, so I'm "still" playing it. Haha! : )
I'm also planning on getting HeartGold soon~!

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
I never really give up entirely on a Pokemon game, so I will be playing Platinum and SS (as well as every other main series game) for many years to come! :P

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Actually, other than White 2, I'm also playing my Platinum which I have not finished yet. I'm currently on my way to the 7th Gym, but I still had to do some preparations and training to get started.

I'm also going to play my SoulSilver soon; I finished it before, but I didn't like my progress, so I deleted my save file and will start a new journey... again, soon.

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
Years
This may sound a bit wierd but it might be worth keeping a note of the people on here who still play D/P/Pt. Wouldn't it be cool if we had a network of people who we know we could battle with and trade against? Its so hard to find someone who hasn't sold their soul to the 5th generation and moved their teams across.

What do you guys reckon?

Back