• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Elite Academy

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
I get what you're saying, but you have the doctor say something to the effect of "the wound will heal, but the scar will remain" - are there two injuries? One that healed, and one that didn't? I think it could stand to be clearer in the story

Years
I think the doctor meant, and this is what got from it the first time. The wound is going to heal but there will be a scar.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
After some thought, I have decided that I will edit each of the chapter titles and replace them with more creative titles. This way, the attention will deviate away from a "Pokemon of the Chapter" plot and focus more on the actual plot itself. Wish me luck on naming these chapters successfully!

As a reminder, Volume 2 will begin later on next week (December 6th or 7th depending on my editing process) and will primarily focus on the First Year battle tournament. Another update, Volumes 1 through 3 will focus on the first year at Elite Academy for Ryo and the gang, thus there are two volumes remaining. The first post will be updated with chapter names and such, and the trainer cards have been updated if you haven't already noticed.

Thank you and please continue to read and comment! I enjoyed this past week in reading a bunch of other stories here on PC and I must say that activity is slowly but surely starting to pick back up! I will now return to my story and continue to try to entertain everyone!

~TK

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I just started reading and I'm hooked on this series. I saw a couple of flaws, none that weren't pointed out already, but it's still good. I look forward to your next chapter.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Great Story, I'm getting a small Harry Potter vibe from it that I kinda like. Waiting for Volume 2. :D
I've never really read any fanfics before this and I have to say I'll probably start reading more thanks to this.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I really love this series but:

A theory is a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

So basically in the Ditto Theory Chapter you've said that Ditto was definitely been created that time. This implies that it cannot be a theory. So, an appropriate name of the chapter would be the Ditto Story.

Anyway, stop listening to this nerd. I couldn't find any mistake so I just pointed that out. This is a superb story and you should continue working on it.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Thanks everyone for the views and the comments! I really appreciate it!

@Christopher - Glad you are enjoying it! I hope you continue to read!

@TD - Thank you for pointing that out. I was actually wondering if I used the right word or not in that context lol.

Chapter 9 is set to be released TOMORROW once I finishing editing. Only two more exams for this semester!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Volume2_zps5d2009de.png

Volume 2
Chapter 9: Mew Unleashed
Years after the failed, failed cloning experiment of Mew...

Unsure footsteps walked in the direction of the abandoned Pokemon Mansion as the Sun began to set on what was another gloomy day on the island of Cinnabar. These days, it seemed, the clouds were always gray with the smoke of the active Cinnabar Volcano, waiting to erupt at any moment.

Eugene Gregory, former professor and geneticist, walked intently inside the mansion after pushing open the double wooden doors. Closing the door behind him, he glanced around nervously, as if expecting to meet someone or something upon his return to the mansion years after the incident. His clothes were beaten, his shoes were worn, and his hair had grown longer and unruly down to his shoulders. He had truly been to a place of instability.

"Everything... is ruined..." he muttered as he made his way towards the desks near the back wall of the first floor. On the desk was an old journal that had a few scorch marks here and there. The burns looked relatively recent. Nonetheless, Eugene opened the journal to where the book was marked at and glanced at the recordings of it:

'The Pokemon Mewtwo is far too powerful. It's no use... I am unable to control it!'

"So, they were able to successfully clone Mew..." Eugene thought as he closed the journal and decided to walk up the stairs. "I've been away so long... I've lost track with the world. My wife, my son... Is it too late to reconnect with them?"

Upon reaching the fourth floor, Eugene stopped as he remembered that this was the floor that incident happened. The broken glass of the incubators that contained the cloned samples of Mew's genetic make-up, the battered walls from the explosion, the destroyed laser that fired an energy beam at the containers... it was all too familiar in a horrifying way.

Eugene walked through the entry way into the testing facility room and stood in the center of it. He glanced around slowly before looking up to the ceiling and noticing a large hole in the middle of it. He was able to see the gray, smoggy sky from down here and he wondered what exactly caused that hole to appear in the ceiling.

"Maybe that hole was made during the incident? But I don't recall anything causing that to happen... Then again, it's been years since..." Eugene said to himself as he collapsed to the ground and closed his eyes. "The pain... the embarrassment... the agony. Why did this have to happen to me!? My research was flawless!"

After a moment, the man screamed at the top of his lungs and then slammed both of his fists onto the floor in immense anger. It was then that a few creatures began to emerge from the cracks of the floor and the wall. The creatures were familiar to Eugene in that they were pink blobs with beady eyes and small mouths.

"Ditto!" the transforming Pokemon said as dozens of these pink blobs squirmed their way towards Eugene, curious as to whom this knew figure was in their habitat.

Eugene stood as he looked around, noticing how the Dittos were surrounding him at an alarming rate. He was not sure what they were going to do, but he decided to take matters into his own hands before something unpleasant happened.

"Get away!" Eugene said as he kicked one of the Dittos into a wall. For him, the Dittos represented his failure to complete the cloning of Mew. "I'll destroy each and every one of you with my bare hands if it's the last thing I do!"

Seemingly offended that the human would put harm onto one of their fellow siblings, the Dittos immediately jumped at Eugene. First there were two that attached themselves to his legs and when Eugene tried to kick them off, the others began to attach themselves to the rest of his body. In a matter of seconds, a giant, humanoid pink body stood there, struggling for air as the Dittos smothered him.

Just as Eugene fell to his knees, something descended from the hole in the ceiling. A powerful wave of psychic energy sent the dozens of Dittos scattering in all directions off of the man's body, splattering to the wall. Eugene coughed violently as he caught his breath before looking around to see what had saved him. He shocked to notice that it was Mew itself floating there, staring back at him with its deep, blue eyes.

But the onslaught of the Dittos was not quite over. Each of them surrounded Eugene and Mew as their bodyies slowly began to take the form of Mew until they reached perfect transformation.

His jaw dropped, Eugene said, "The Dittos are... capable of transformation? That's... brilliant!"

Without a sound, Mew used its psychic energy to provide Eugene with a protective ball of energy that surrounded the man's body. The psychic ball floated into the air as the Mew copies each used a Psychic attack on the real Mew. Effortlessly, Mew countered with a Psychic attack of its own, so powerful that it caused the Dittos to change back into their original, blob form. Upon being defeated, the Dittos seeped back into the cracks of the floor and walls, disappearing from sight.

Mew released Eugene from its psychic bubble as the man landed on his feet. Without a word, Mew teleported from sight before Eugene could observe the creature he once tried to clone. But the encounter with Mew only reawakened his desire to experiment more and return his talents to the laboratory.

He ventured back to the first floor of the Pokemon Mansion and grabbed the scorched journal that rested on the table. Tearing out the entries that already had writing on them, Eugene began to conjure up a new hypothesis. On the front cover of the journal, Eugene wrote:

'An Experiment by Prof. Gregory'.

----------​

Ryo was extremely happy that today was Friday and he was even happier that the Pokemon Center cleared Domo for physical activity again. For the past few days, Ryo had tried to give the Houndour some rest by leaving him in his PokeBall, but he took advantage of the opportunity by training Abel, his Rufflet. Ryo had refrained from using Abel as much before simply because the Pokemon was a bit hard to control. It was a very prideful Pokemon, but it did not understand when to stop. Nonetheless, Ryo spent more time with the Rufflet and the two began to connect a tad bit more.

Sitting in Professor Gregory's class, Ryo found himself struggling to pay attention again as he scribbled in his journal the possibility of Trainers he could face in the upcoming First Year Tournament.

"Hmm," he thought to himself, "I've met only a handful of First Years and their all better than me. Duke's the son of a champion so he has a lot of training and background. Kelly is relentless with her training and she's as cold as ice when it comes to battles. Even Sophie is capable of standing up on her own; her Ditto is more powerful than I thought. Oomph!"

Something had ricocheted off Ryo's head as the boy looked up from his seat in the auditorium. He looked back and saw a group of boys snickering at him. The one that brought the most attention to Ryo was the big, fat, bald one who had the mischievous grin on his face. Most people knew him as Troy, the guy who failed his first year at the academy, but Ryo came to know him as a bit of an annoyance and a bully. Ryo knew that it was only a matter of time before Troy would try to get physical with him, especially since he did not have Duke with him anymore. That situation was still awkward, living with Duke and not speaking. Ryo had really hoped that Duke's Swinub would be okay.

Ryo turned his attention back to his journal and considered the possibility that he could face Troy in the First Year Tournament. "Troy has... an Electrike, a Timburr, and... a Durant. He's a big guy but he has small Pokemon. I can take him."

Another item had bounced off the back of Ryo's head as he groaned silently to himself as he flinched.

"I think..."

Soon, Professor Gregory's lecture had ended and Ryo quickly rose from his seat. He shot a glance down towards the bottom of the auditorium and saw that Duke was sitting beside Sophie the entire time. A chuckled escaped Ryo's mouth as he slung his bag around the shoulder and was about to proceed out of the class until he almost bumped into someone who was descending the flight of stairs towards Professor Gregory's desk.

"Oh, excuse me, kid," said Len as he gently tapped Ryo on the shoulder before making his way down to Professor Gregory. "Hey professor, I've got something for you, from Headmaster Beaugard."

Ryo raised a brow, wondering what Beaugard had for Professor Gregory, but his attention had diverted to Duke and Sophie who were both making their way up the stairs. Ryo gave Duke a small nod, but it was met with an equally awkward nod.

Sophie had intended to try and say something about the situation, but Duke escaped too fast before anything could be said. She did not bother chasing after Duke, who had probably went to one of the practice facilities to get a friendly battle in, but she did stay after with Ryo who had a slightly discouraged look on his face.

"Um," Sophie said softly, "you mind if I take a look at your Houndour?"

Ryo glanced at the pink-haired girl and took her statement as a way of her asking him if they could hang out now that class was over.

"Sure, why not?"

----------​

Ryo and Sophie decided to relax in the student lounge near the dorm rooms and watch a little bit of television. They were not sure what was on television, but there was a news report about a bit of uproar between Kanto and Johto. Ryo really did not care about the situation because he found politics a bit confusing and corrupt and Sophie was too busy having a 'conversation' with Domo.

Sophie rubbed Domo behind the ears as the Houndour began to thump his right hind leg repeatedly on the ground in enjoyment. His tongue panted rapidly before she stopped. Ryo smiled at the two as he sat on a love chair and recalled Sophie telling him about how she was somehow able to communicate with Pokemon. Ryo knew that humans had a connection with a Pokemon, but even he did not always know what Domo was thinking in certain situations. So, having Sophie around was like having a personal translator with him. In most cases anyway.

"Domo says he remembers what attacked him," Sophie said, looking over at Ryo.

Ryo stood up and said, "He does?"

"Yes. He says that it was Meowth."

"A Meowth!?" Ryo exclaimed, his eyes widening as he immediately correlated a Meowth to a certain Trainer. "Kelly has a Meowth."

"Yes," Kelly said softly, "but so do a bunch of other Trainers here. Meowth are common on the island."

"But what other Trainer would have an ulterior motive other than to mess with me, Sophie?"

"Umm," Sophie said looking away. "I'm... not sure. But, that's what Domo told me. He says that the Meowth wasn't with a Trainer and it just looked... abnormal."

Domo stood and walked over to his Trainer and rubbed his head against Ryo's leg. Ryo reached down and scratched Domo on the head, glancing at the scar over his eye. A smile appeared on Ryo's face.

"You know, Domo, that scar makes you looks really cool. You're a truly tough looking Pokemon now."

"Tough looking doesn't be actual toughness," said a voice from behind Ryo. There stood Troy and his gang of over-sized and over-eating teenage boys. "Have you heard, geek? Wood released the bracket for the First Year Tournament and you'll be facing me in the first round! It's going to be a piece of cake wiping my butt with your face!"

Ryo balled his fists as Domo proceeded to lowly growl and take a defensive stance in front of Ryo. "That's funny," Ryo said. "If the tournament is for First Years only, then why are you in it? Didn't you fail last year?"

Sophie covered her mouth as she giggled a bit. Troy, on the other hand, was not so amused.

"Why, I oughta...!"

"Pipe down, Troy," Kelly said as she emerged into the lounge with her friends. "Save your energy for later... however much energy you have. Besides, it's not like you'll need much effort to defeat this sorry excuse for a Trainer."

It was as if all of Ryo's enemies had appeared in the room at one time. To make things worse, Duke entered the lounge as well, with a sheet of paper that had the entire bracket on it.

"Hmm, first round... Bracket C... first match... Ah..." Duke said as he looked up at Sophie, completely disregarding the situation unfolding in the student lounge. "I'll be going against you Sophie. Good luck."

Sophie nodded silently as she cupped her hands and looked elsewhere.

"Good luck to everyone," Duke said looking around at the now crowded room, even exchanging glances with Ryo.

A smirk appeared on Kelly's face as she folded her arms saying, "Agreed. May the best Trainer win."

Ryo bared his teeth as he thought to himself, "I've gotta win this. At all costs!"

Next - Chapter 10: Freaks and Geeks

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 10: Freaks and Geeks
The day of the First Year Tournament had finally arrived and all of the students were extremely excited. The First Year Tournament was a celebration of sorts for the First Year students in that they did not have classes the entire week of the tournament. The previous week was filled midterm examinations and the tournament served as a break before the winter holidays.

Off the northern coast of the main island was another island about the same size as the one that held the main campus. Housed on this island were several stadiums in addition to a few buildings. However, the primary purpose of this island was to house the multitude of battles during tournaments. The First Year Tournament was best known as the major event to end the first semester of an Elite Academy school year while the Novice Tournament (consisting of Second to Fourth Years) and the Elite Tournament (consisting of mainly Fifth Years and capable underclassmen excluding First Years) were held the following semester.

The island housed five separate stadiums: four of which were approximately the same size and one that was placed conveniently in the middle of the four so that it was surrounded. The central stadium was much larger than the other four and was the location of the semifinal and final matches of tournaments. At this moment, all of the students and faculty were gathered in the central stadium as Headmaster Beaugard, down on the battlefield, addressed the entire crowd.

"Good morning to you all. As we're winding down towards the end of the first semester of this school year, I am pleased to announce that today starts the First Year Tournament!"

The crowd roared with cheers and excitement. Ryo, who was standing in the Trainer Lounge with the other participants of the tournament, gazed at the television screen that displayed the Headmaster. The same nervousness that was in his stomach during his entrance exam appeared to have returned now. Domo, who was standing next to Ryo, nuzzled against his Trainer's leg, causing the boy to look down and smile. Ryo realized that he would be battling his peers and he was sure that they would be much stronger than handpicked Pokemon during a proctored battle exam. He breathed heavily as Beaugard continued.

"As you all know, these Trainers are young, but I am proud to say that their midterm scores are the best and highest in school history. With that being said, I expect to enjoy some interesting and very competitive battles! With that being said, I would like to introduce everyone to our sixty-four participants!"

The double doors of the Trainer Lounge opened as each of the participants ran out onto the large battlefield waving to the erupting crowd. Ryo's heart pounded heavily as he smiled and waved awkwardly to the cheering students. Domo was just happy to be running free. The students stopped in a rectangular formation, with Ryo being one of the ones in the front row. He looked down the line and saw Sophie with Minnie, her Dratini, and Duke as well. A slight nudge hit Ryo's shoulder as he felt Troy's large index finger flick his shoulder blade. Ryo also could not help but feel Kelly's icy presence as well.

"Without further ado, I would like to say let's have a great tournament!" Beaugard ended his opening speech as the crowd roared once more.

----------​

Ryo had time to mentally prepare for Troy seeing as how the large boy had told him a few days ago that he would be facing him in the first round. Had Ryo found out the day of the tournament, it would have troubled him, but he was now past the worrying stage and more focused on the actual fight. To make things better, Ryo was happy that he was the first match in this particular stadium.

As Ryo waited in the blue lounge of the North Stadium with his three Pokemon, he heard a knock on the door and was surprised to see Len there with his Aipom clinging to his shoulder. A smile emerged on Ryo's face.

"Ya ready, kid?" Len said with a smile as he approached Ryo and his Pokemon.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Ryo chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm going to win this whole tournament. If it's the last thing I do."

"That's a great mentality to have. Confidence is essential," Len nodded as his Aipom hopped off his shoulder to wish Ryo's Pokemon good luck. "Anything you wanna ask me? Any advice you'd like to hear? Professor Wood told me to look after you. Said you sought my help."

"Well," Ryo said, "how was your First Year Tournament?"

Len chuckled scratched the back of his head, "To be honest... kind of easy. I had already received an enormous amount of Training from my father so... it was kind of natural. Didn't face too much competition."

"Then why are you even at Elite Academy?" Ryo laughed.

Len laughed a bit harder, "Haha. Well, I can't control the law. You gotta be 18 years of age and have received a diploma from an accredited Pokemon institution to be a Trainer, let alone anything else in this world. Sign of the times."

"Is that what Kanto and Johto are fighting about?" Ryo said sarcastically with a snicker.

"Ha!" Len smirked. "Another topic for another day. Bunch of babies fighting over a toy if you ask me."

"Hey, my father is one of those babies!" Ryo laughed again. He really did enjoy having Len around to give advice and to ease his mind off of making a fool out of himself in this battle.

A voice was heard on the public address system:

"Contestants One and Two please report to the battlefield."

"Well, you're up," Len said as his Aipom hopped back onto his shoulder.

Ryo nodded as he returned all of his Pokemon to their PokeBalls. He turned on his heel as he opened the door to the battlefield. He was met with the enormous roar of several of his fellow students waiting on the first battle in the North Stadium.

----------​

Ryo stood in the blue corner of the battlefield as he stared at his opponent in the red corner, Troy, the menacing, big Trainer. Holding a PokeBall in his hand, Ryo began to wonder what kind of Trainer Troy was. Was he as abusive to his Pokemon as he was to humans?

"Can't let him win," Ryo thought to himself.

"Prepare to lose, geek!" Troy shouted with an evil grin.

The referee approached center field from outside of the battlefield. "This first round matchup of the First Year Tournament will be between Ryo from Celadon City, Kanto and Troy from Castelia City, Unova. The match will be a three on three battle and the winner is determined when all of the opponent's Pokemon are no longer able to battle. Are the contestants ready?"

Ryo and Troy nodded in unison.

"In that case, please release your Pokemon simultaneously. Go!"

"Let's go, Abel!"

"I choose you, Grey!"

Emerging on the field to start the battle was Ryo's Rufflet against Troy's Durant.

"Peck!" Ryo shouted as he pointed forward.

Abel quickly flapped his small wings as he flew in the direction of Grey. Springing forward like a dart, Abel's beak bashed into Grey's face, sending the Durant back and awaiting instruction from his Trainer.

"Iron Defense!" Troy commanded as Grey's steel coat shimmered brightly in the sunlight.

Ryo gritted his teeth and muttered, "So its defense went up. We'll have to keep attacking until something happens. Abel, Aerial Ace!"

Abel flipped backwards in the air before darting at Grey again at a speed faster than the prior attack. Once he reached Durant, Abel repeated began bashing his beak into the Iron Ant Pokemon's body, but it appeared that it did not phase it as much as the previous attack did.

"Don't you get it?" Troy said folding his arms. "Grey's defense increases to a higher level after Iron Defense. Let me show you a real attack! Iron Head, Grey!"

Grey snapped his mandible while receiving the hits from Abel. Once the Rufflet attempted a hit on Grey's head, the Durant fired back with an attack of his own by bashing his cranium into Abel's head. The Eaglet Pokemon was sent flying back towards Ryo, landing at his Trainer's feet. Getting to his feet, Abel wavered left and right as he tried to find his balance. However, Troy took advantage of this situation by demanding another attack.

"Get out of there Abel!" Ryo shouted.

"Agility and then Iron Head!"

Grey began to move at an extremely pace as it scurried in Abel's direction. The head of the Durant began to shimmer once again as it did previously and Abel's head was reacquainted with Grey's Iron Head attack, completely knocking out the Rufflet. The crowd cheered as Troy had defeated Ryo's first Pokemon.

"Rufflet is unable to battle!" the referee shouted. "Please choose your next Pokemon."

Ryo groaned as he returned Abel and took out another Pokemon. "His Durant has got to be weakened by now; Abel put plenty of attacks on him. I could use Domo because of the type advantage, but he's my strongest Pokemon. I should save him for later."

"Today, geek!" Troy shouted impatiently as his Durant waited as well, mandible snapping.

"Let's go Moju!" Ryo shouted as he released his Tangrowth. "Wrap!"

Moju's vine arms slung forward Grey who tried to maneuver out of the way but was unsuccessful. Moju's arms sprang back to him like elastic as he held the Durant in the slamming it down on the ground repeatedly. However, Grey managed to bite at one of Moju's arms, causing it to fall off. Free from the Tangrowth's grasp, Grey scurried over to the other side of the battlefield. Moju's arm grew back instantly as it charged toward the Durant with a new command from Ryo.

"Vine Whip!" Ryo shouted.

"Agility!" Troy countered.

Moju continued to chase Grey around the battlefield, slinging his arms in an attempt to whip the Durant into unconsciousness. But, with the power of Agility, Grey was able to dodge all of the attacks at a rapid rate. The constant dodging caused Moju to get his arms tangled together, which eventually confused the Tangrowth as he collapsed onto to the ground with knotted up arms.

"Moju!" Ryo exclaimed.

Troy snickered and said, "You're even worse than I thought! Your Pokemon beats itself up! I'll gladly help your Tangrowth out! Grey, use Fury Cutter!"

With a snap of his mandible, Grey ran towards Moju and repeatedly slashed his sharp mandible at the Tangrowth, which, in turn, helped Moju break free, but severely harmed the Grass-type Pokemon with the Bug-type attack. Moju flew backward as he lost two more arms, but a new set of arms grew in their place.

"Ingrain, Moju, quick!"

Moju clamped his arms to the ground as he tried to restore his health, but the process would prove to be timely as Grey had just received another order from his Trainer.

"Bug Bite, Grey. Finish this!"

Grey jumped towards the ingrained Moju, landing on the Tangrowth's face as he took multiple bites out of his vines. Moju's arms came out of the ground as he fell backwards on the ground with Grey continuously biting at a violent rate until the Tangrowth was completed fainted. Once the damage was done, Grey hopped off Moju's body, revealing the unconscious Pokemon.

"Tangrowth is unable to battle. Please choose your final Pokemon," the referee said, looking towards Ryo who had a bit of a discouraged look on his face.

----------​

Having defeated her first round opponent with relative ease, Kelly decided to see how the other matches were coming along. She made her way to the North Stadium and found her clique of friends in the audience.

"Who's winning?" Kelly said as she sat down.

One of the guys pointed to the screen atop of the stadium. It showed that Troy had all three of his Pokemon remaining while Ryo only had one Pokemon left.

"Can't say I'm surprised," Kelly chuckled as she crossed her arms and legs while leaning back in her seat to observe the remainder of the match.

"Yeah, I think Troy's about to finish off this bum's final Pokemon, no sweat."

"The kid ought to just give up! There's no way that one Pokemon can beat three other Pokemon in a row. Not under these circumstances!"

Kelly shrugged in agreement as she smirked saying, "Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. One thing's for sure, the kid's Houndour is tough."

----------​

Ryo exhaled through his nose as he took out his final PokeBall, clenching it tightly. He could not believe that he had been beaten so easily, even despite all of the training he had done before the tournament. "Why am I still losing!?" A lump emerged in his throat as he looked down at his feet before hearing a bit of heckling from the crowd. However, they were immediately silenced by some professors who were chaperoning the event.

"Just give up, geek!" Troy said with folded arms as Grey snapped his mandible again.

"I can't lose..." Ryo whispered to himself. "I can't!"

"Choose your final Pokemon. Last warning," the referee stated.

"Domo, let's go!" Ryo shouted as he released his Houndour.

Domo immediately appeared on the battlefield in an offensive stance, growling at his opposition.

"Dig!" Troy shouted as Grey immediately burrowed underground.

"Use your instincts, Domo!" Ryo shouted.

Domo's maw immediately sniffed the ground as he randomly waltzed around the battlefield like a metal detector searching for treasure. Suddenly, Domo stopped in place as he dug into the ground and up came the Durant in the face of the Houndour. Domo, however, was quick to strike back as he caught the Iron Ant Pokemon in his mouth.

"Fire Fang!"

Domo's mouth became engulfed in flames as he cooked Grey to a burning crisp before spitting the Durant back out towards Troy. Domo returned to the other side of the battlefield and got back into an offensive stance, growling in fury. His eyes looked even more intimidating with the scar there.

"Durant is unable to battle! Please choose your next Pokemon!"

Troy smirked as he returned his Durant, "A feisty Houndour, eh? I know just how to counter that! Let's go, Pink!"

He tossed a PokeBall forward, releasing his Timburr. The Muscular Pokemon twirled his giant lumber in his hands as he awaited instruction from Troy. Domo's growl was even louder than before as he too awaited instruction.

"Bulk Up and then attack it with your lumber!" Troy shouted.

The thick, pink veins on the Timburr's body began to visibly pump blood at a much faster rate as Pink's body grew a bit bulkier. Once his body reached a maximum of bulk, Pink ran towards Domo and swung his lumber at the Houndour. Domo quickly ducked and dodged out of the way of the lumber as Pink continued to attack.

"Smog!" Ryo replied.

Domo back-flipped out of the way of Pink's final swing at him and howled as the battlefield became covered in a thick smog that caused Pink to hack and cough, slowly sucking away his power due to the poisonous toxins in the air. Amid being in the smog, Pink lost sight of where the Houndour was, which ultimately led to the Timburr's doom as Domo tackled Pink from behind, landing on top of him. The smog slowly cleared as Pink struggled to break free of Domo's grasp.

"Ember!"

A fiery ball appeared in Domo's mouth as the Houndour leaned back before unleashing the attack on Pink at pointblank range, knocking out the Timburr instantly. Once again, Domo returned to his side of the field in an attacking position, growling as he awaited on Troy's final Pokemon after making quick work of his first two.

----------​

As the battle between Ryo and Troy raged on, Kelly found herself impressed with Ryo's Houndour. While her friends were conversing among themselves about how Ryo's comeback had to be a fluke, Kelly thought to herself:

"Although his Rufflet and Tangrowth were easily knocked out by Troy's Durant, Ryo's Houndour made quick and effortless work of Durant and Timburr. Sure, Durant was probably weakened by the previous battles, but that Houndour is certainly a force to be reckoned with. The look in its eyes as it battles... I'm impressed with how he raised it. Maybe he's not that amateur of a Trainer. Just a tad bit behind the learning curve. Interesting."

----------​

Spending no time waiting to release his final Pokemon, Troy tossed his PokeBall forward, "Go Yellow!"

Troy's Electrike appeared on the battlefield, sparks flying from her body.

"Don't let me down, Yellow! Let's knock this geek out!"

Domo was not fazed by the emergence of Troy's best Pokemon and even Ryo had a hint of confidence in his body language as he stood up straighter than he did before.

"Spark!"

"Ember!"

Both Domo and Yellow opened their mouths as they each respectively unleashed a ball of fire and electricity towards each other. The two attacks collided with one another causing an explosion on the battle field. Once the dust settled, the two Pokemon went after each other. Domo unleashed another Ember but Yellow successfully dodged the attack and Sparked Domo in the face.

"Get out of there, Domo!"

After being attacked, Domo leaped back to his side of the field, wincing a bit from having taken the Spark attack head on. Static energy shrouded Domo's body as the Houndour was unable to move from his position due to paralysis.

"Oh no..." Ryo gritted his teeth as he watched Troy prepare a final attack.

"Wild Charge!"

Yellow's entire body became covered with an electric current as the Electrike darted towards Domo.

"Foul Play!"

Domo prepared himself as the skull on his head started to glow in a golden color. Once Yellow made impact with Domo, the Houndour snarled as a wave of dark energy was sent into Yellow's body. After a pausing moment, Yellow's body was sent crashing into the opposite direction, leaving Domo standing there victoriously. Yellow landed on the ground with a powerful thud as she had been defeated. Troy dropped to his knees in disbelief.

"Electrike is unable to battle. The winner is Ryo from Celadon City!"

The crowd erupted in a roar as Ryo ran onto the battlefield and hugged his victorious Houndour, Domo.

Next - Chapter 11: The Prodigy vs. the Prodigious

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Since you posted two chapters I'll review the 9th chapter first:

Years after the failed, failed cloning experiment of Mew...

It would be better to say 'Years after the failed cloning experiment of Mew...' There is not much need to say 'failed, failed.'

But the onslaught of the Dittos was not quite over. Each of them surrounded Eugene and Mew as their bodyies slowly began to take the form of Mew until they reached perfect transformation.

You spelt bodies wrong.

A chuckled escaped Ryo's mouth as he slung his bag around the shoulder and was about to proceed out of the class until he almost bumped into someone who was descending the flight of stairs towards Professor Gregory's desk.

'A chuckled' is wrong grammar you should say 'A chuckle escaped....'

Ryo bared his teeth as he thought to himself, "I've gotta win this. At all costs!"

I understand what you are trying to convey but it sounds a bit ridiculous that Ryo, of all people bares his teeth.

Now for the things that I liked.

Sophie rubbed Domo behind the ears as the Houndour began to thump his right hind leg repeatedly on the ground in enjoyment. His tongue panted rapidly before she stopped.

You are keeping in mind that pokemon are a lot like animals and they behave like them too.

It was a great chapter. i really liked that kind of remembrance at the start. The interaction between Ryo and Troy was the most enjoyable part of the chapter. I hope you continue writing great chapters like this. I'll review your next chapter tomorrow.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
@TD - Thanks for reading! I plan on showcasing Troy a bit more in future volumes as he makes his way into the main cast!

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
@TurtleKing: Troy's a great character if you use him properly. So is the the Mew incident going to be significant later on?

Where did you get those Volume covers? They really look great.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
@TurtleKing: Troy's a great character if you use him properly. So is the the Mew incident going to be significant later on?

Where did you get those Volume covers? They really look great.

In reference to Mew, I would say yes and no. You'll just have to keep reading. :)

I made the actual volume covers myself. Just a bit of photo editing though.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Quick update, the new chapter will be released tomorrow after editing! Woo-hoo for Winter Break!

Back