• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nintendo Pokemon Rom Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

link12552

decade club
Years
Hi! Sorry for the last period, I'm very busy with study and other stuff, so I have very
little time to work on my tool.
I start to rewrite the program, because I'm attending a course on Objects Programming and I discover that I wrote a very bad code.
I can release a new beta if you wanna, but I can't give you all the features of the old NPRE (The new beta could'nt save anything for now).
So, tell me, you wanna a preview beta or you prefer to wait (maybe much time) for a fully working program?

Feel free to post different versions as you develop the program.
Post EVERYTHING! (alpha, beta, theta all those Greek letters)

And may I ask, what language is it being RE-programmed in?
and is it open source?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Hi! Here's the new Alpha, a little buggy, but I hope it'll work for you!
The features are:

-- Open Nds Rom(All Roms)
-- Open Narc File (Problems with Narc contains files with specific name)
-- Open AB Archive.
-- Open 90% of the Maps (DPP, HGSS, BW -- Multi-model map not supported.)
-- Open BMD0 files (Not all)
-- Open Events (Partial)
-- Open Script (Only DPP, without movement support. Recognize only first 200 command);

Bugs:
--Sometimes, linked with stream exception, the program give strange message. My counsil, close and reopen it.

Note: Open the program first, so it create Maps and Texture directory, and after this extract Texture.zip into Texture directory.

All the other old features (like saving and some more stuff) aren't implemented yet.

Link:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1828887614/Alpha_3.0.0.0.rar

I know, it's not a very good program, but I haven't much time to spend on it...
Please, help me with testing and signaling every bug you find!

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2012
Does anybody know what to do if you open XSE and an error message pops up saying that the command database is not found please reconfigure. Can anyone help me with that? please?

Does anyone know how to fix the error message in xse thatsays "command database not found please restore it"? I really need help with this. please if anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I have a question. I have opened the file a\0\0\8 from Pokémon Schwarz (Black German). There is an error message No BMD0 Header at expected offset!.. What should I do?

Have you followed this procedure?
1 Open the Rom
2 Go to a008
3 Right click -> Open
4 Right click on a internal file -> Open as->Map
5 Choose BW(If is a BW Rom)

The program only support entire Rom for now.

Nyndyll

PD : O Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
Might sound a little stupid, but what do you mean by a/0/0/8 ?
(Quit rom hacking for a while, now trying out what's new)

EDIT: And i am having some sort of issue w/ you NPRE Beta 3.
When i use the map editor, i get like a blue/white/black screen.
I think it has to do with me not loading the a/0/0/8 file.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Might sound a little stupid, but what do you mean by a/0/0/8 ?
(Quit rom hacking for a while, now trying out what's new)

EDIT: And i am having some sort of issue w/ you NPRE Beta 3.
When i use the map editor, i get like a blue/white/black screen.
I think it has to do with me not loading the a/0/0/8 file.

a/0/0/8 is the location of the Nitro Archive (.narc) file that contains the map layout data in Pokémon Black/White. Like when you open up the ROM, you right click on the 8 file and click open when you're in a/0/0/.

Lemme recap that. First off, double click on the [ROM name].nds once you've opened it, secondly... click on the "a" folder, then "0" folder, then "0" folder, then thirdly... right click on the "8" file and click open, then fourthly... open up any file in the "8" file that you opened. And there you should be able to open up the map you desire, such as Nuvema Town, which is located as "8-0", which you then right click it and click open as > Map, then simply select BW as the map origin. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Hi, guys! Sorry for the lack of updates, but I was (and I am) very busy with UI and my life...
I worked on tool to make more stable and more user friendly, so I decided to release an Alpha with this new features.

- Open almost all maps (Also Platinum, divided from DP for better distinction)
- Open NDS file.
- Open NARC as 3D container (Showing a list of 3d contents - for access this feature, go to right click --> Open As ---> Narc(3D)
- Open maps, NSBMD from every possible sources (File System, Narc or single model file). Most important, the tool open suddenly all Polygon of Model (So use scrollbar and enjoy it). You can also use the polygon-by-step old method.
- Movements and Object are editable.

There's bugs, expecially if you force to open and close 6 kind of maps and model and other things (Sometimes Render fault (A big X appear). To solve, reopen only the Render form).

Download Link
https://rapidshare.com/files/3389039267/NPRE_Alpha_3.5.zip

Please comments if something go wrong...
Stay tuned!

Platinum Lucario

Years
Hi, guys! Sorry for the lack of updates, but I was (and I am) very busy with UI and my life...
I worked on tool to make more stable and more user friendly, so I decided to release an Alpha with this new features.

- Open almost all maps (Also Platinum, divided from DP for better distinction)
- Open NDS file.
- Open NARC as 3D container (Showing a list of 3d contents - for access this feature, go to right click --> Open As ---> Narc(3D)
- Open maps, NSBMD from every possible sources (File System, Narc or single model file). Most important, the tool open suddenly all Polygon of Model (So use scrollbar and enjoy it). You can also use the polygon-by-step old method.
- Movements and Object are editable.

There's bugs, expecially if you force to open and close 6 kind of maps and model and other things (Sometimes Render fault (A big X appear). To solve, reopen only the Render form).

Download Link
https://rapidshare.com/files/3389039267/NPRE_Alpha_3.5.zip

Please comments if something go wrong...
Stay tuned!
Yay! This is excellent! We've now got a fully functional field layout editor. I'm sure if people are able to view the map layout on their computer... then I'm sure we'll be seeing some generation 4 and 5 hacks in the forum.

However, as for me... the map still appears blank. The data loads... but doesn't process the 3D rendering to my laptops' GPU. It may be incompatible with NVIDIA graphics cards, 'cause it still doesn't appear visible on my NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M graphics card.

I wonder if the 3D rendering works for ATI graphics cards? Just take a look at this:
3dviewernotviewable.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Hmm...
I don't know how to solve this problem, but it's strange that in some Pc works and in other not...

P.S I have an NVIDIA GeForce 610M, so it's not an NVIDIA problem...
But how many people have the "black screen " problem??

Last edited:

Nerketur

PokéScripter
Years
This is cool! =D

A Pokemon ROM editor, eh? Pretty awesome if I do say so, myself. Certainly better than I could do as far as UI is concerned. I suck at making good UI's xD Anyway, I just wanted to say I fully support this project, and I'll be checking up on it from time to time as I get my own PMD Script Editor working. I do assume you'll only have support of loading the main games' maps, and not spinoffs, but it's still quite awesome =D As a C# programmer myself, I can also help if you need any, though I don't know what all I can do for this project. I do have to note one thing, however... VB, C++, C#, and ANY other .NET language can communicate with each other in the same program. So, although even I like C# better, VB and C# can communicate with no issues. Just so people know.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Do you try to update framework?
Because I fixed this problem in a PC updating the framework...

Nerketur

PokéScripter
Years
If I may make a suggestion, have the program log any errors that come up into a text file, so that if an error occurs, (like the black screen) then people can give you more information or even fix the problem themselves (Like if what they need is updated framework.) That way, if there's a problem, the Error log may hold the solution. =)

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
great work everybody,hopefully in the (far,far)future 4th and 5th gen hacking will be open to all hackers,just seeing this project going nicely is sure to inspire hackers to try hacking pokemon,btw ,do u have this tool up on other hacking sites,i suggest you put on different sites like gbatemp you're sure to get some help there

Platinum Lucario

Years
Ah, I think I might know what might be the problem to viewing the 3D layout on the editor... would be because of the NVIDIA settings maybe? Maybe try altering them and seeing if it might be why the developer can see it and we can't.

Try adjusting the coding to match the default NVIDIA settings.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
News!
In this day I was working on Script viewer for BW (and BW2 of course). I've added a lot of command on script but It's only on 15-20% of the all possible script routine...
If someone can help me on figuring script I appreciated very well!

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
Hello, this is my first post on these forums.

I downloaded the tool but when I try to use it the 3D Viewer seems to have a fixed size as I can't resize my window to get the buttons I need on the right side.
My screen resolution is at it's max of 1280x800 since i'm on a macbook pro running windows 7 through bootcamp.
I might be able to decompile your app but it would be a pain. Could this be fixed please?

~ Cooldudepoke

Platinum Lucario

Years
Hello, this is my first post on these forums.

I downloaded the tool but when I try to use it the 3D Viewer seems to have a fixed size as I can't resize my window to get the buttons I need on the right side.
My screen resolution is at it's max of 1280x800 since i'm on a macbook pro running windows 7 through bootcamp.
I might be able to decompile your app but it would be a pain. Could this be fixed please?

~ Cooldudepoke

I think you're using an older version of NPRE, check page 4 for the latest version of NPRE. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back