• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Return of Old Features?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
Years
So what are your ideas? You think maybe the Underground will return or, possibly Secret Bases? Or is something new going to happen - or will there be no customization at all?

Do you see any HM's returning? As far as speculation and from the screenshot in my post, I believe maybe the return of Dive is coming...

To me, the screenshot looks more "underwater" than up-top...

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Yes, he is right, that is what happened during the battle footage, so I doubt dive is coming back, and if it is, that is not a supporting detail. I hope that the Secret bases come back because those were always fun to go to after you are finished doing everything, just work on your secret base.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
Years
I really like how the Heart Gold Soul silver pokedex was done the way they tell you just about everything you need to know location wise.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I actually liked the Secret Bases feature in R/S/E. I wouldn't mind if that returned, but I think it's unlikely because of wifi and all of that they have now.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I'd love for the return of Secret Bases (ala RSE), I loved decking mine out and battling my friend (who no longer plays Pokémon any more :() in his base. It'd be cool if, after trading/battling someone over wi-fi it gave you the option of mixing records with them (especially if they implemented random battles).

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
I dont mind HM's, just hope that they wont give us stupid ones like flash and defog. I would like to see the return of:
-secret bases (RSE)
-the Poketech (platinums version)
-pokeblocks
-berry planting
-day/night music differences
-altered pokemon formes
-battle frontier (Isshu's version of it)
-the "new" running shoe feature
-finding stuff after using rocksmash
-dive

thats all I can think of at the moment :]

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
Well seeing as they brought it back in Gen. IV, I really hope that they will include the night and day feature once again. This really brought the games to life for me and made everything so more realistic. Also, I wouldn't mind at all if the Dive feature from R/S/E was brought back, like others have said. It isn't necessary, but I think it just adds that extra thing to do and enables you to capture more Pokemon and explore some more too n_n And definitely the return of Gym Leader rematches as well. Also wouldn't mind seeing Contests spread out around the region like they were in R/S/E. ^^;

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
I really want the new Shoe-Running thing from HGSS. And I like Poketches. Those are cool. And I hope there's something like the PokeGear; something that has a map and stuff all in one! =D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
All I would like currently is the V.S Seeker, Come on, I'm not gonna wait for a phone call on a specific day and time if I want a rematch with someone.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
I would like the Trick Master to return. He was a fun guy. :D Dive should come back too as an HM; and maybe some type of Scuba Diver Trainer Class.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2011
All I would like currently is the V.S Seeker, Come on, I'm not gonna wait for a phone call on a specific day and time if I want a rematch with someone.

Yes! Ugh the V.S Seeker was basically my life support in Platinum when I had to train to beat the Elite 4, etc. and I definitely want to see it back in Black in White. Re-Battling trainers in HG/SS is just too much of a pain without it.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
I kinda would like to see the VS Seeker and the Trick Master back.
The Trick Master was just about the best feature of 3rd Generation.
Pray for the best of the rest.(;

Years
On the note of 'Secret Bases' if you could dig out area to expand it, that would be kinda cool. Like the underground in DPPt.

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
Years
i want the hoenn secret bases to return, dive should return, pokeatholon(sp.) should stay, contests should return, and the trick master! so fun...

Back