• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Pokemon Black Team

Okay I need some suggestions, here is my team....

Dewott
Lv.22

Scraggy
Lv.19

Tranquill
Lv.22

Darumaka
Lv.22

I was thinking maybe Tynamo(Since it evolves into Elecktross), Axew(Since it evolves into Haxorus) for the last to pokemon on my team, any different suggestions for the last two pokemon on my team?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2012
HELP to finish team?

Hi everyone, I need recommendations on how to finish off and balance my team. I have beaten the Elite Four and all but I wasn't a fan of the pokemon I used and I'm trying to get a more likeable team.
*I don't want to replace any I have, keep that in mind.
*Levels aren't permanent I'm still boosting.
*I don't want ones that can't evolve without being traded or something.
-Blastoise lvl 100 all water moves
-Flareon lvl 89 all fire moves
-Staraptor lvl 73 three flying, one steel moves
-Absol lvl 50 two dark, one normal, one bug moves

Suggestions? I tried to base the core around the Elite 4 [i.e. flareon/staraptor vs 1st, blastoise vs 2nd + 3rd, absol (eventually) vs 4th] but Cynthia pisses me off with Togakiss and Milotic. I know electric could work with them but all the ones I have stink (I can boost but I don't like their power or leveled up attacks.)

Shameless bump. Any ideas?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Okay I need some suggestions, here is my team....

Dewott
Lv.22

Scraggy
Lv.19

Tranquill
Lv.22

Darumaka
Lv.22

I was thinking maybe Tynamo(Since it evolves into Elecktross), Axew(Since it evolves into Haxorus) for the last to pokemon on my team, any different suggestions for the last two pokemon on my team?
Merged with this thread as it doesn't fit the requirements for a rate (e.g. full team/movesets).

I personally feel Tynamo has a limit movepool for ingame so you could always consider going with the electric spider instead (which is also much easier to find in the same location). When I used Axew it proved fairly useful though.
Hi everyone, I need recommendations on how to finish off and balance my team. I have beaten the Elite Four and all but I wasn't a fan of the pokemon I used and I'm trying to get a more likeable team.
*I don't want to replace any I have, keep that in mind.
*Levels aren't permanent I'm still boosting.
*I don't want ones that can't evolve without being traded or something.
-Blastoise lvl 100 all water moves
-Flareon lvl 89 all fire moves
-Staraptor lvl 73 three flying, one steel moves
-Absol lvl 50 two dark, one normal, one bug moves

Suggestions? I tried to base the core around the Elite 4 [i.e. flareon/staraptor vs 1st, blastoise vs 2nd + 3rd, absol (eventually) vs 4th] but Cynthia pisses me off with Togakiss and Milotic. I know electric could work with them but all the ones I have stink (I can boost but I don't like their power or leveled up attacks.)

Shameless bump. Any ideas?
Well, it's hard to say given you're interested in getting a more 'likeable team' - what I might like (e.g. despite not having a wide movepool in 4th gen I like Luxray) may differ from your opinion. But other electric types to consider include Electrivire (if you can trade or use the GTS trick with evolving Pokemon through trades) and Rotom and its forms.

BTW Staraptor could use Close Combat as it's a useful move for it to have and suits it as a fast hard hitter. Some more variety in moves too would be an idea for Blastoise and Flareon (why all water for instance? Try some other moves, like say Ice Beam for instance).

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
What Starter should I use?

I would just like to know which starter I should use for my first run of Black and White 2, Tepig, or Oshawott. This decision would drastically change my team to fit my starter.

If I choose Oshawott my final team will most likely be:
Samurott
Arcanine/Magmortar
Lucario
Haxorus
Braviary/Crobat
??? (undecided)

If I choose Tepig
Emboar
Azumarill
Magnezone
Haxorus
Braviary/Crobat
??? (undecided)

I will also be using Memory Link with my Pokemon White, so what Starter should I use for that run too. I would really appreciate any help. Thank You

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
Non evolved team members/ team creation

I try to keep my pokemon team containing favorites rather than powerhouses, and I refuse to EV train partly because I'm being lazy, and partly out of principal. I usually get destroyed by everyone online because of this, but occasionally I do ok. Recently I've been reevaluating my team, and one problem I've always had is wanting to include unevolved pokemon. Do any of you keep unevolved pokemon on your teams? I'm always tempted to keep my starter at second evolution, but there are some pokemon I just prefer not to change, like Dragonair, Zorua, or Rhydon.

Here are the locked members that I am for sure having on my team:
Ninetales
Flygon
Umbreon
Venasaur/Ivysaur

And now I need to choose what I want in the empty slots.
Here are some of my choices:
Noctowl
Pidgeot
Zorua
Lucario
Mothim
Mawile
Quagsire
Leavanny
Steelix
Marowak

What do you think? How much of a hindrance would it be to keep some of them unevolved? Which ones would you use? I really would like to use a Zorua.

Years
Help me decide!

Okay, so at the moment I've got a team consisting of five Pokemon:
Altaria
Camerupt
Walrein
Lunatone
Cacture

These Pokemon aren't up for debate; it's the last Pokemon I'd like help with deciding.
So I've narrowed it down to three Pokemon, all of different types:
Heracross [Bug/Fight]
Swalot [Poison]
Magnezone [Electric/Steel]
Which would you choose and why? Thanks for your help!

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
First, what game are you playing? It's kinda hard for us to know what you're up against if we don't now what game your playing, though, I can assume you're playing a 4th Gen Game.

Second, Go Heracross, it's a powerful Bug and Fighting type.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Help with the Last Pokemon

Hey, I need help deciding my last Pokemon, I'm playing Pokemon White and my team so far is.

Emboar
Tirtouga
Lilligant
Rufflet
Zoroark

I'm considering using Escavelier, Galvantula or Eelektross. All are good Pokemon, but I don't know which one to use. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Elektross has given me the most trouble during the main game, due to me not realizing it was not a water type. (Im sorry leavanny).

And, where are you in the game? I'm assuming you havent beaten the E4 yet. For beating the E4, Galvantula has the best type advantage, beating the Dark and Psychic type E4.

Prof Oak

Pokemon Professor
Years
Is a sixth member worth it?

I'm replaying Pokemon Leaf Green and I just got to Cinnabar Island. I revived my Old Amber into Aerodactyl (my planned sixth member) and I hadn't remembered that it would only be level 5. I don't have the Exp. Share and can't get it without serious catching, as I caught only my team and some rares (Snorlax, Eevee, Hitmonchan, Lapras, etc.). I'm not a very patient guy and my current team of 5 hasn't had any serious problems so far. My team is below, so do you think I should put the time into training Aerodactyl?

Blastoise - Docile - Torrent - BlackGlasses
-Surf
-Bite
-Return
-Focus Punch

Dugtrio - Relaxed - Arena Trap - No Item
-Magnitude
-Cut
-Slash
-Rock Tomb

Butterfree - Timid - CompoundEyes - No Item
-Giga Drain
-Aerial Ace
-Psychic
-Psybeam

Raichu - Brave - Static - No Item
-Thunderbolt
-Dig
-Secret Power
-Slam

Clefable - Gentle - Cute Charm - Mystic Water
-Strength
-Mega Kick
-Brick Break
-Water Pulse

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Is a sixth member worth it?

[SIZE="a"]Well it depends on the levels of the Pokemon. (You should be fine unless they are really under leveled) I think it would be a nice addition to that team, but if your not that patient I guess it's not really that nessacery to add him to your team your in pretty good shape. Before the Pokemon league I'd pick up another member though.[/SIZE]

Prof Oak

Pokemon Professor
Years
They're all level 41 right now, but I've yet to do the Pokemon Mansion and the first 3 Sevii Islands. Do you have any suggestions for a sixth member?

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Well you picked Blastoise so Gary will have Venusaur. You could go to Mt. Ember and get a Magmar. Or level up that eevee a bit and evolve it into Flareon. Or you could level up Hitmonchan a little. Its many punches with many types can be helpful, but if you dont want to go through a lot of training Magmar would be a good addition to your team. Or of course you could go to Seafoam Island and get Articuno or get Moltres at Mt. Ember. (I wouldnt recommend adding Zapdos if you go with one of the legendary birds because you already have Raichu. If you have money and can buy a lot of Ultra Balls I would go for one of the birds. Don't use your masterball. I would save that for Mewtwo.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2015
[FR/LG]Building My Six

i got:
Venasaur
Growhlith
Butterfree
Persian

i chose to train some intresting pokemons, not as the Charizard-Gyarados-Kadabra-ETC Six's, because i finished this game couple of times.

so any suggestions for fifth and sixth members for my six?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
Here's 5 the team I'll be using and their roles:

Charizard - Mixed Sweeper

Golem - Physical Sweeper/Physical Sponge

Gengar - Drainer/Annoyer

Lapras - Tank/Special Sweeper

Arcanine - Physical Sweeper

I'm torn between using Jolteon or Vaporeon. Jolteon would increase the speed of my team, whilst Vaporeon would increase the defense. Both can raise evasion.

My Lapras is going to know thunder/thunderbolt (depending on which one of these I choose), so I'm not so worried about having an electric type on my team.

The move set that the baton passer would be the following:

Jolteon
Thunder Bolt
Agility
Baton Pass
Double Team

Vaporeon
Hydro Pump
Acid Armour
Baton Pass
Double Team

So which does my team need more, in terms of stats? More speed or more defence against physical attacks?

Thanks!

simons545

Aspiring Master
Years
HELP! Pt

Current team:3rd Gym
Prinplup
Togekiss(Serene G)
Roselia
Houndoom
Porygon2
Duskull/Espeon/Spiritomb?

Advice needed Please eventually going competitive so team building advice would be nice ;)

i got:
Venasaur
Growhlith
Butterfree
Persian

i chose to train some intresting pokemons, not as the Charizard-Gyarados-Kadabra-ETC Six's, because i finished this game couple of times.

so any suggestions for fifth and sixth members for my six?
Butterfree is pretty terrible but if you want to keep it I suppose
Dewgong/lapras and a rhydon ;)for a change

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back