• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Even though it is possible, you do realize it EXTREMELY difficult to do, right?
Indeed. Many people who only play hacks don't understand why something can't be done. While I have done minimal bits so far (map editing, namely), I still realize that not everything is possible. The limitations present in the original game itself are the constraint at play here.

Trust me, if adding every single move introduced in the 4th gen. was possible, plus adding all 4th gen. Pokes up to Arceus (493), with no removal of the existing movesets and Pokémon, there would already be a ROMhack base available utilizing this for hackers to use at will. Same with adding 5th gen.

Cyclone

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
If DJG has the time and means to do so, he shld go for it.

That's the main problem why I am not including it, even if it's possible.
Growing up sucks... Need time to go to job, work for money and live each day to survive... :\

How did you activate National Dex in Ruby? By hex editor?

Questions like these should be asked in the Simple Questions thread.
But I'll get back to you.

*goes to User CP > Personal Notepad*
I'm back.
Here's the code you need to add in your script. I forgot if you should add this before or after the PokeDex flag... Meh.
Code:
Script To Activate National Dex In Ruby...
checkflag 0x8000
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
clearflag 0x8000

timson733333

Woah.
Years
Indeed. Many people who only play hacks don't understand why something can't be done. While I have done minimal bits so far (map editing, namely), I still realize that not everything is possible. The limitations present in the original game itself are the constraint at play here.

Trust me, if adding every single move introduced in the 4th gen. was possible, plus adding all 4th gen. Pokes up to Arceus (493), with no removal of the existing movesets and Pokémon, there would already be a ROMhack base available utilizing this for hackers to use at will. Same with adding 5th gen.

Cyclone

Actually, it is possible to add new moves without replacing older ones. You can look at a tutorial on the R&D forums. I don't know why there isn't a ROM base, but I presume it's to prevent over-usage of it in amateur hacks.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Actually, it is possible to add new moves without replacing older ones. You can look at a tutorial on the R&D forums. I don't know why there isn't a ROM base, but I presume it's to prevent over-usage of it in amateur hacks.
Really?

We need a ROMbase. LMAO Would be neat to play Emerald or somesuch with the movesets in Unova.

Cyclone

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Yeah, I am aware of the thread you're pointing out, but I'm kinda busy with real life to figure that one by myself, so yeah...

---oOo---​

Anyway, pipz.
Who wants to see some updates? :D

2ry111i.jpg
2q9gyo8.jpg

I am done importing the trainers from Beta 1 to the new beta, and so, I can finally make some progress. ;)
The screenshots show Route 6 and Vulcan Town.

I haven't inserted the PKMN battle animations and custom music yet. Those two are low in my priority list.

That would be all. Thanks~

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
So now that the trainers are imported, the update is close to release? (inhale)...yay...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So now that the trainers are imported, the update is close to release? (inhale)...yay...

Not sure. I'm currently scripting the events and mapping the rest of the areas.
And then add a few more trainers, some events in the early parts of the game, insert the animations, music, blah, blah, blah blah, blah blah blah...

Yeah... xD

Cool! Is the 10 level bug fixed if you imported all trainers?

Not sure. Didn't get the time to beta test it. Maybe this week, I can test the game, since I will only have three days of work this week (not sure if I should be happy or sad about that)...

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
So i was replaying the game and the screen seems to just go to the right and just show trees if you spam the A-button in route 2-A when you're about to re-battle Jude and Jorex.You might want to check that in the next Beta.Also do we have to restart the game in the next Beta?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
So i was replaying the game and the screen seems to just go to the right and just show trees if you spam the A-button in route 2-A when you're about to re-battle Jude and Jorex.You might want to check that in the next Beta.Also do we have to restart the game in the next Beta?

huh...
that's interesting.
I knew that route was buggy.
before the beta was released, after I defeat Jude, my screen turns black and I can't see a thing, although I could still walk around.

I'll check on that. thanks~

and for your question, er...yes, you pipz need to start a new game. :\

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
i for one am satisfied with just 5 eeveeloutions... really enjoyin this hack... great job as always

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
This is an awesome hack. Cant wait for the final version:D, You are one amazing pokemon hack creator keep it up :]

Ashor

Devil Summoner
Years
It's getting harder and harder holding myself back from playing this. Can't wait until the next beta comes out, I'll give it a test run then.

SammieLily2

Writer Extraordinare
Years
Hey there!

Loving this hack, it's pretty awesome.

Just wanted to point out that I played for awhile last night and used the in-game save. Well, tonight I tried to open the game up again, and my save file was no longer there. It was there last night, but now it's not.

Just a little bug I thought I'd mention, I normally use the save state feature anyways. Thanks!

~Sammie

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey there!

Loving this hack, it's pretty awesome.

Just wanted to point out that I played for awhile last night and used the in-game save. Well, tonight I tried to open the game up again, and my save file was no longer there. It was there last night, but now it's not.

Just a little bug I thought I'd mention, I normally use the save state feature anyways. Thanks!

~Sammie
Have you really saved? What if only your counterpart from another timeline entered your mind and you started to think that you saved but in this timeline, you actually did not?
What if the save actually is there but cannot be seen by the naked eye?

Okay, seriously... this is kinda weird bug that sometimes happens, you should use in-game saves with save-state saves to backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back