• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo

The Desert Master
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
Username: Geo
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Rules:
-Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (or boxed, never to see the light of day again).
-You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. (Can be adjusted to ban duplicate captures.)
-Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs.

Additional Rules:
-You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
-A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
-You must change the battle style to SET.
-You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
X Make comics of your challenge and have fun! (strongly recommended) ((Sorry, I can't draw .-.))

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Username: Seraphimon-sama
Game: Sol Platinum, Blaze Black 2

Optional Rules: Nickname all Pokémon, Switch battle style to SET

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
I'll have a go with Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Username: ABGamer
Game: Rijon Adventures
Optional Rules: Nickname all Pokemon, Game over when team die and no Legendaries.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Username: Aryan143
Game: LeafGreen, Heartgold, Emerald, Platinum, White
Rules: Nickname all pokes, can't catch legends, If I encounter a duplicate I can find another one in that area again

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Time to dive back into Sol Platinum!

With the team looking good, I tread onwards to the next city, while trying to decide who to use the Return TM on. I eventually decided to teach it to Minazuki. Waiting for me at the entrance was Skirts. She saw I caught some Pokémon and congratulated me, but I honestly didn't hear a word because I just kept staring at her thighs. I'm pretty sure she said something about the Trainer's School (OMG they actually have school in Pokémon), but I ended up following her for a minute.
All of a sudden, we noticed some weird-looking guy who, for some unknown reason, looked a lot like Doctor Who (Tenth). He spouted some seemingly random nonsense about thieves and about being a member of the International Police, then gave me a Vs. Recorder.
I figured I'd see if I could learn anything at the Trainer's School. Inside, I found Kisuke licking the blackboard and eating chalk. Some of the people in the class looked at us and I just backed away slowly and pretended I didn't know who he was. What else is there to do here?
I left the trainer school and a guy asked me to come over to him. With nothing better to do, I did what he asked. He said he'd give me a shiny new watch if I looked around Jubilife and touched 3 clowns.
Let me say that again, he said he'd give me a new watch if I went around and TOUCHED. THREE. CLOWNS.
I asked him what kind of creepy promotional offer this was supposed to be, but he just glared back at me and said, "TOUCH. MY. CLOWNS."
After inspecting my new watch and taking a shower full of regret and plenty of shame, I decided to check out the grass north of Jubilife. I saw a powerful-looking male Nidoran, caught him, and named him Konjiki.
From there, I headed into the cave known only as Ravaged Path, and caught myself a female Growlithe, that earned the name Tobiume.
With another two Pokémon added to the party, I decided to head East to Oreburgh and the first gym. Kisuke was right at the entrance to the route, eating grass. I tried to tiptoe past him for fear of sparking a conversation. I almost made it too, but I stepped on a Bidoof and its squeal made Kisuke break his concentration and look straight at me.
Oh boy.
Kisuke threw out a Taillow, so I assumed he wanted to battle. I didn't have a choice in the matter, so I sent out Tobiume and started the fight.
Tobiume bit down on Taillow's wing, which caused the bird to immediately faint. Must have been a Critical Hit.
With one poke down, Kisuke threw his Piplup onto the field. I called Tobiume back and sent out RyujinJaka. RyujinJaka stretched her tiny body out, then scratched the hell out of Piplup's face with more intensity than what Scratch would do, causing me to realise that she had learned Fury Swipes.
Kisuke looked at me with a sad frown on his face, I guess he doesn't take losing well. I swallowed my disgust for him and patted him on the head and said, "You'll get me next time." which must have made him happy because he wrapped his arms around me and drooled all over my new shoes. Freaking wussbag retard.
Thankfully, I was forced to look away from Kisuke, due to seeing RyujinJaka glowing out of the corner of my eye. When the glow died down, in RyujinJaka's place stood Monferno, punching the air in quick succession (Mach Punch). I turned back to Kisuke, but he had already vanished. I shrugged, and decided to rest there for a while.

Current team:

Douglas/Starly (M, Lv.12)
Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack

Minazuki/Ralts (F, Lv.12)
Confusion, Confuse Ray, Return, Double Team

Konjiki/Nidoran (M, Lv.12)
Leer, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

RyujinJaka/Monferno (F, Lv.14)
Fury Swipes, Leer, Ember, Mach Punch

Tobiume/Growlithe (F, Lv.15)
Ember, Howl, Bite, Leer

RIP:

None so far (Yay!)

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Username: Trainer Timothy
Game: HeartGold
Rules: 1 PokéCentre visit per town visit, No Healing Items, no held items, No legend catching, this is my first Nuzlocke challenge so I'm going to keep my starter.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Update time dattebayo!

-Caught Gonryomaru/Shinx (M, Lv.6, Route 203)
-Trained for a while
-Camped out near the entrance to Oreburgh Gate

Current Team is unchanged except for Gonryomaru, who is now Lv.13
Tackle, Leer, Charge, Spark

EDIT: Another update!

Finally made it to Oreburgh, after catching a female Zubat, which I named Kazeshini and was about to enter the gym, but I spied an all too familiar blonde child licking the windows outside the gym. I groaned as I knew I'd have to wait for Kisuke to satiate his window hunger, which could take hours. Since it'd take a while, I decided to scope out the city and do a bit of levelling.
Decided to check out the mine and see if I could find anyone new to add to the team, and ended up catching an Aron, who received the nickname Hozukimaru.
I trekked through the mine and found a guy at the end who was picking up rocks and caressing them softly and whispering to them. I must've startled him, because he looked up at me with fright and chucked the rock to the ground, shattering it to pieces. I looked blankly at him and he told me to forget what I had seen. In exchange, he said he'd let me into his gym for a battle. I agreed to his conditions. It's a good thing I didn't bring Hozukimaru with me. After leaving the mine, I decided to rest in the Pokémon Center for a while.

Team is unchanged from earlier.

Last edited:

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
SO IN!!
username: orangeralts21
game: silver
Rules:same basic rules except I used a a starter. (My totodile, Charles, is smashing!)

TEAM SO FAR: spoilered if you don't care,

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Time to update!

Decided to level up just a bit more inside the Mine and RyujinJaka Mach Punched a trainer's Slugma, knocking it out. After defeating it, Konjiki and Douglas started to glow. I looked at them with anticipation as I knew what was coming. They slowly grew bigger and bigger as the light continued to flash, until suddenly one last bright flash filled the mine and standing before me were Nidorino and Staravia. Not too long after they evolved, Gonryomaru and Minazuki went through the same process and became Luxio and Kirlia.

Current team:

Minazuki/Kirlia (F, Lv.20)

Konjiki/Nidorino (M, Lv.20)
Acid, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Gonryomaru/Luxio (M, Lv.16)

RyujinJaka/Monferno (F, Lv.17)
Fury Swipes, Leer, Ember, Triple Kick

Tobiume/Growlithe (F, Lv.15)
Ember, Howl, Bite, Leer

Douglas/Staravia (M, Lv.15)
Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack

Last edited:
Years
Having lost yet another flying type and losing a few of my screenshots, like the one of Erika, I decided to call it a day.

Update 2:
Spoiler:

My Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

Deceased:
Spoiler:

As you can see, I'm not having much luck with flying types, although I do still have a load of Spearows left in my box, which I'll probably burn through quite quick.

T!M

Years
Update #1
HEARTGOLD
Attempt #1
Summery: Picked Cyndaquil (Tim) as my starter. Caught Pidgey (PIDGEY; I'm so use to pressing B when I'm asked to nick name Pokémon that I didn't name her.) on Route 29, she perished shortly after we made it to Route 30, but not before I went to Route 46 and caught a Rattata (Bridgett), following that I caught a another Pidgey on Route 30. While neglecting training I was 'Game Over'd' at Route 30 against a Youngster.

Saved right before entering Route 30 with Bridgett and Tim.

Party |
Bridgett/Rattata L.2
Naughty Nature | Guts
Tackle // Tail Whip

Cyndaquil/Tim L.8
Naive | Blaze
Tackle // Leer // SmokeScreen

GRAVEYARD |
Pidgey/N/A

EDIT/CHALLENGE EDIT - I've made things a bit too difficult for me. I'm going to allow Items to be used (But not held) but only outside of battle. Also, I can only visit a shop once per town.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Figured I'd come here for some advice from you guys.
Does Golem and Roserade have enough staying power to be on a team? I ask this because I'm doing a Nuzlocke of Pearl and don't want to lose my Pokémon quickly (I'm at the Valley Windworks if anyone asks). Thanks!

Years
Figured I'd come here for some advice from you guys.
Does Golem and Roserade have enough staying power to be on a team? I ask this because I'm doing a Nuzlocke of Pearl and don't want to lose my Pokémon quickly (I'm at the Valley Windworks if anyone asks). Thanks!
I'd recommend Golem in any Nuzlocke team due to its great attack and defence, as long as you switch it out against grass and water types, which Roserade can deal with pretty well, so yeah, I'd say that they're very good on a team together.

EDIT: Update 3
Spoiler:

EDIT 2: Update 4:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

T!M

Years
I'd recommend Golem in any Nuzlocke team due to its great attack and defence, as long as you switch it out against grass and water types, which Roserade can deal with pretty well, so yeah, I'd say that they're very good on a team together.

To expand on this; Golem will handle Volkner later on easily. And Roserade will handle Wake, if you haven't already ice'd him. But I would suggest finding some type of Thunder Pokémon to beat down Gyarados' in the near future.

Update #2
HEARTGOLD
Attempt #2
caught Tossly in the Dark Cave (Geodude), level'd Tim (Cyndaquil) into Quillava. But not before Bridgett perished. Went to Sprout tower and beat all the Sages and acquired the Flash TM. Then went to Falkner and defeated with the combined strength of Tossly and Tim.

Graveyard
Pidgey
Bridgett

Years
This one wont be a long one, but it's time for my Fire Red Nuzlocke...
Update 5:
Spoiler:

I was planning on finishing up FireRed for this update, but after my losses and the newfound need to go grinding, I will do that sometime soon and post the final Fire Red update either later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

ilovedeino15

I used to be bctincher15
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2013
I going to re-sign up, since my old account is bctincher15, all I need is the username in the main post changed, I'll still be doing the same game, White 2.

No optional rules, going completely original nuzlocke here. I've gotten 3 badges, in Nimbasa, training for Elesa on the surrounding Routes. I spent a LOOOONG time in the Battle Subway, and bought every TM there.

Since I don't have 15 posts yet, pics will be in the attachments. I am very happy with my first encounter at Lostlorn Forest. :)

Spoiler:

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Im doing a Silver Nuzlocke challenge on a real gameboy.

Unown: ??? lvl 6
Chikorita: ChiChi lvl 9
Weedle: Eldeew lvl 4
Ratatta: O-O lvl 5
Badges:0
Playtime: 1:48
Rules: Basic Rules of course, Must nickname all Pokemon that are caught.
Will update in a few days since I only play 1-2 hours per day.

Years
This is only half of my progress as I haven't yet got up to the second round of the Elite 4. I will do that tonight and post my update then, but for now, Update 6:
Spoiler:

EDIT: The Final Update: No. 7:
Spoiler:

I'll probably start on Crystal in the next few days and post an update on it when I'm ready!

Last edited:

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Here's a update

Team:
Unown: ??? lvl 10
Deceased:
Spearow: Lvl 2
Weedle x2 : lvl 5
Ratatta: Lvl 5
Geodude: Lvl 2
Badges:0
Playtime: 3:01

Another day another death...

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Time to update!

With most of my team evolved, we could easily defeat Roark, so I headed to his gym. I looked around to make sure the coast was clear of Kisuke and stepped inside. I dealt with the few hench-trainers in the gym and got my team some more experience that would definitely help in the gym battle.
I approached Roark who was tickling a pebble, then he spotted me and tossed it aside. He cleared his throat and looked at me and said, "Ready to fight?" I nodded to show approval. Time to earn my first badge...next time.

Current team:

Konjiki/Nidorino (M, Lv.23)
Acid, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick

Gonryomaru/Luxio (M, Lv.16)

Tobiume/Growlithe (F, Lv.21)
Flame Wheel, Howl, Bite, Leer

RyujinJaka/Monferno (F, Lv.17)
Fury Swipes, Leer, Ember, Triple Kick

Minazuki/Kirlia (F, Lv.20)

Douglas/Staravia (M, Lv.15)