• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Which new Pokemon revealed thus far is your least favourite?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
I'm gonna have to say Duraludon. It's just... Too glossy, to the point where it barely blends well with the game's surroundings.

User Anon 1848

Duraludon. Maybe it will involve into something more impressive but I don't like its design and nothing about it screams "dragon" to me. I don't see why Game Freak made Tyranitar its natural enemy when it's at a 4x weakness disadvantage.

Sirfetch’d

All if yall saying Duraludon are WRONG. HE is my baby leave him alone!!

I....am not sure I have a least favorite yet. I truly like every single one of them revealed so far. Maybe Grookey? I don't dislike it at all but it is the least appealing starter to me so there is that.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
I'm surprised no one has said Eldegoss. I'm not inherently against making pokemon out of similar ideas, but we already have a pokemon all about seeds being distributed by the wind, and I'm not sure it's such a compelling idea that we needed another for it.

Years
^The design and idea may not be very unique, but I do think it looks very nice! Visually it's one of the more popular new Pokémon, I think; I've never seen anyone say they dislike how it looks. As a Whimsicott fan I am still very happy with it. 👍

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Alcremie. Something is off about its official artwork (the lines aren't defined enough and it looks fan made), and reminds me of that dessert rhino animal crossing villager. Doesn't really seem to fit into the Pokemon world IMO. I've never been someone who dislikes inanimate/food based Pokemon, but Alcremie has something about it that irks me. We already have Swirlx and Slurpuff, do we really need another one?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Alcremie. Something is off about its official artwork (the lines aren't defined enough and it looks fan made), and reminds me of that dessert rhino animal crossing villager. Doesn't really seem to fit into the Pokemon world IMO. I've never been someone who dislikes inanimate/food based Pokemon, but Alcremie has something about it that irks me. We already have Swirlx and Slurpuff, do we really need another one?
Fair enough observations there. I did think about slurpuff when I first saw it too. (Amused at the reference to those sort of AC villagers too, haha.

I don't dislike Alcremie and its saving grace to me is the notion of it becoming a giant wedding cake, aka we have a wedding cake pokemon, but otherwise it is one I do not care for as such.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Impidimp and the two legendaries. Too much going on with the Legendaries, why not simple design and colour-scheme!

Sorvete

Novice
Years
The sword legendary. Its color scheme is meh, I prefer Zamazenta better. Also it kinda resembles Suicune to me

Last edited:
Years
Also it kinda resembles Suicune to me
Turns out I was not the only one thinking about that after all! In fact, it's one of reasons I like the sword legendary more c:

About the least favorite Pokémon revealed so far, I'd say... Duraludon. While I don't dislike it, I'm just not interested in the design which looks somewhat like a lighter, except when I decide to use it in a thematic collection alongside Beldum c:

pkmin3033

Grookey. Come on guys, we have enough goddamn monkeys in Pokemon now, and they all look practically the same. This one is just Pansage with a stick.

Years
Duraludon. Its design is bad and barely resembles a dragon. I don't like Rolycoly too.

Anyway, Impidimp is cute and people should leave it alone.

Shiva2932

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Queen of Frost☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 10, 2021
Impidimp definitely. I just do not care for the design at all.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Grookey. Come on guys, we have enough godd*mn monkeys in Pokemon now

This

Also

Alcremie - it seems nintendo played pokemon sweet version too much

Last edited:
Years
The box legendaries (especially Zamazenta because it just looks weird) and Impidimp. While its typing is great, its design looks like something from Yo-Kai Watch.

Back