• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] LGBTQ+ Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 16, 2020
HI NEW FOLKS.

Welcome to the club!

Here's a topic:
For LGBTQ+: What was your initial coming out process like? If you haven't come out, what is holding you back?
For Allies: Tell us about a time a LGBTQ+ came out to you, or why you believe being an ally is important.
I know this clubhouse has been around for a little while and technically im no new member anymore but i just thought it would be fun to answer this! My initial coming out as bi was and will forever be kind of rough. Everyone that ive told accepted me, but thats only online. Im born in a Christian family, and its difficult being a gay Christian. How im gonna work it out, i honestly dont know. What i do know is that i like being gay, and even though the girl that i like doesnt like me back, i still am happy to support her and am looking for a girlfriend!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I hope one day being a gay christian will be a whole lot easier.

Especially since you told me such nice things about Jesus, Lady K... :( There should be less unfairness overall over this type of stuff.

Because love is beautiful. And I believe a good God would truly accept it in ANY form :)

EDIT: This post had mispellings o.o;

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
idk how y'all can do it. my partner is friends with a married lesbian couple that are expecting their second child and they're quite religious. they of course spend a good amount of time researching and checking churches when they've moved house and stuff because they want to go somewhere that they can worship and be loved and respected and not looked down upon for their sexuality and their growing family, but like. being lgbt is hard enough for the people that abhor christianity. i can't imagine even keeping faith in that kind of stuff while being lgbt. i mean i guess i can because, despite no longer being religious, i would like to believe that (at least, as i was always taught) god would only care that you are a good person in your earthly life and not care about whether you married the same sex or not.

What was your initial coming out process like? If you haven't come out, what is holding you back?

the people i've come out to i just casually mention it. even stupid shit like 'lmfao i'm gay' is like. not serious and gets the point across. and in places i feel comfortable to do so, i'll tell people i'm nonbinary and use they/them. more recently, my current job actually...respects that and my poor manager probably looked at me like 'is this child okay.......' bc i was so shocked that i, as i put it that day, was "allowed" to have my pronouns. i'm so not used to that. that's another topic though aha. i haven't really told my mom or anyone like that that i'm bi though bc i haven't felt the need to, being in a het passing relationship. but also if i wasn't, i'd. idk. show up to the house with a chick and be like "hey yeah sup" dsalkfdsj i do not like drawing attention to myself irl so. shrug.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
^Agreed. Even though I'm not religious, I give massive respect to anyone on the lgbt+ spectrum that keeps their faith. I can't imagine it's an easy thing to reconcile internally, let alone in a public setting or in a church, even if they are more tolerant. While I do absolutely believe that being lgbt+ does not equate to atheism and the two can coexist, it's not been made easy at all. :(

Cid

Years
Yeah I only really started doubting my faith when people kept telling me how sinful gay people were. :'(

Right now I'm looking into Metropolitan Community Church. A fellow countryman got gay married to his beau here through that church, and it even made the national news rounds online. So that gives me hope. I don't know what my family will think of me if I do end up leaving Roman Catholicism behind, but I have to do it. I just want to believe in a God that doesn't look down on my romantic inclinations. I've already considered calling myself agnostic before hearing about the MCC.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
i really dont know how to come out lol. having an unusual gender identity isnt as easily understood as having a different sexual orientation than Straight here; ive broached the gender topic to several friends by now (casually, generally) but they're all like "ah yes the two genders, everyone is Man or Female or mentally ill" and i get a bit disheartened i guess. ahah. better just... not mention it at all i guess. it's not like it hurts my life to keep being called "lady" forever. much. i guess.

Years
I've decided that it's better to sever the ties that I have to my own family than to "come out" in any way, shape, or form.

It's... excessive yes, but they're not going to understand my particular situation. They know and don't really care if I'm gay (and they're not entirely wrong, I guess), but being.. me, is a whole different thing altogether that I really don't want to sit down and explain to every single one of my family members, so it's best if I don't and go about doing my own thing.

Last edited:

Cid

Years
i really dont know how to come out lol. having an unusual gender identity isnt as easily understood as having a different sexual orientation than Straight here; ive broached the gender topic to several friends by now (casually, generally) but they're all like "ah yes the two genders, everyone is Man or Female or mentally ill" and i get a bit disheartened i guess. ahah. better just... not mention it at all i guess. it's not like it hurts my life to keep being called "lady" forever. much. i guess.
Rika, I think what matters is that you believe in what makes you happy. It's not like being who you are is particularly hurting anyone; maybe it's picking their brains but they might not be ready for all of that stuff now. If someone asks, feel free to come out to them. If you want to tell someone and come out to them, feel free to do so. But if they react somewhat insensitively, as well as for everyone else, it's not your responsibility for them to understand. Just keep being you. Don't lose hope in living your truth.
I've decided that it's better to sever the ties that I have to my own family than to "come out" in any way, shape, or form.

It's... excessive yes, but they're not going to understand my particular situation. They know and don't really care if I'm gay (and they're not entirely wrong, I guess), but being.. me, is a whole different thing altogether that I really don't want to sit down and explain to every single one of my family members, so it's best if I don't and go about doing my own thing.
Angie, I am very much in awe of you having the guts to do that, severing ties. I wish I had that same strength. Whatever happens, I'll be here to support you 100%. And I'm sure many others here at PC will be here for you, too.

Years
That's the thing though... it's going to take a lot of strength and willpower to do that. It's going to crush me, but I pretty much don't have a choice. I know my family, out of sheer disbelief, is going to convince me that I'm somehow wrong for being what I am, or that I'm confused or something or another and I don't want to deal with all of that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That's the thing though... it's going to take a lot of strength and willpower to do that. It's going to crush me, but I pretty much don't have a choice. I know my family, out of sheer disbelief, is going to convince me that I'm somehow wrong for being what I am, or that I'm confused or something or another and I don't want to deal with all of that.
We're here for you if you need a more accepting family <3

Cid

Years
I've been trying to get a hold of Love, Simon for almost a month now, and I still can't find one that's reasonably priced.

It's a good movie. I watched it in cinemas with my friends more than a year ago. I guess I just wanted my mom to watch it, too. So if I can get it on physical, that would be great.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
while we're on the topic of coming out to family, I did so using.. well, facebook. at least for everyone who wasn't immediate family. they mostly don't bring it up and they just like... act like me being queer (ill edit my post if that word bothers anyone) doesn't exist? or some just don't know. its better than them being rude asf abt it though

but yes we're here for you colours!

Cid

Years
while we're on the topic of coming out to family, I did so using.. well, facebook. at least for everyone who wasn't immediate family. they mostly don't bring it up and they just like... act like me being queer (ill edit my post if that word bothers anyone) doesn't exist? or some just don't know. its better than them being rude asf abt it though

but yes we're here for you colours!
I guess that is better than the alternative. I'm not sure how I would like things to be when I eventually do come out to my family. I just want things to stay the same, tbh.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I can't believe I haven't joined this? I'm Fletch and I'm a gay cis man.

Coming out Stories? I did it in Facebook too. But it was mainly for friends and peers, my family pretty much already knew and coming out to them was pretty easy. But to school? Man. I was harassed, queer baited and attacked for a two years before it settled down and it seemed that people just didn't give a fuck anymore. But I always had my two friend groups by my side so I was pretty lucky in that regard.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
hey i'm ivan. i'm a trans man (he/him pronouns) and pansexual. i've been on hrt for over a year and don't have any plans on surgery atm. i'm very dlowly beginning to get the body/appearance i want.

i came out years ago to friends and family. my exyended family and godparents have casted me out. my parents are trying to be understanding and they're getting there. my friends were supportive from the beginning, and i have a boyfriend who is also trans. :)

Cid

Years
I can't believe I haven't joined this? I'm Fletch and I'm a gay cis man.

Coming out Stories? I did it in Facebook too. But it was mainly for friends and peers, my family pretty much already knew and coming out to them was pretty easy. But to school? Man. I was harassed, queer baited and attacked for a two years before it settled down and it seemed that people just didn't give a fuck anymore. But I always had my two friend groups by my side so I was pretty lucky in that regard.

Hey guys! I haven't posted here in a while and I wanted to say that a while ago, I've decided that I'm actually non-binary! My pronouns are they/them.

hey i'm ivan. i'm a trans man (he/him pronouns) and pansexual. i've been on hrt for over a year and don't have any plans on surgery atm. i'm very dlowly beginning to get the body/appearance i want.

i came out years ago to friends and family. my exyended family and godparents have casted me out. my parents are trying to be understanding and they're getting there. my friends were supportive from the beginning, and i have a boyfriend who is also trans. :)

Welcome, welcome!

Apparently it's Pride Week in some universities around the city where I live. I've been meaning to attend some events within the university I'm in, but I haven't had the chance to do so.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Indeed welcome to the club everyone! :D

I like to think that everyday, in some place in the world, it's pride week aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back